Thread: HTW RP OOC

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! I CAN ONLY PROTEST "everyone is a samurai" SO MUCH!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Hey, I'm not a sumarai, and neither is Wakerz, Matt, Agent, Mjolnr, or ZeR0. No Samurai stereotyping!

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

teixeira's Avatar Miles

All samurai are obligated to kill themselves if they are beaten at anything.

Got it?
    " My only constant companions have become my own insecurities, which bare no physical or conscious form as they rest in the back of my mind, making seldom attempts to break free and influence my actions. The only thing keeping my sanity steadfast, is the fact that it remains deadlocked with my own pride. Without the temperance that has gotten me this far, I would be nothing more than a monster."
    ~Teixeira; age 10427~

WELP GNIGHT

YA RAGTAG BUNCH A' BUNCHES

I leave for a few hours, and suddenly, entire thread is Tau.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I hate playing catch-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that logic should apply to most everyone.

The concept of blackpowder and hydraulics to the Hylians was pretty much "That's magic native to the Labryannans".

Don't know how they became so widely spread 200 years after their production ended.

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to decide on a race to play, and I have to ask if Zola is a good choice for the East.
    Lore goes that basic firearms can now be made by Hyrule, as refugees from Labrynna made their way there. Nothing great, as all those with actual skill will have been in the centre when everything exploded. Matchlock (The thing below flintlock. The most unreliable kind of firearm) muskets (a musket is essentially just a tube. Incredibly inaccurate) and pistols at best. Labrynna weapons have proper rifling (where the barrel is grooved to improve accuracy and range) and flintlock firing systems, but these weapons in any good condition are very rare. However, they do exist because this isn't the real world. Remember, Victor is in charge of post-fall Labrynna lore. I really hope you tried asking him his opinion.

And Agent, I hate to say this, but you have the least ground to stand on when it comes to stuff really not making sense in the RP. I think basic skills and weaponry surviving 200 years is something you can let go.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    I leave for a few hours, and suddenly, entire thread is Tau.
    One moment. I'll call my friends-with-benefits Sulkaris, and I'll invite over a Tyranid hive fleet.

I would like to note that I am not a Samurai either. I'll be a fabulous Fa Mulan fairy knockoff who shall troll every one until it kills them to death (Warning: Must know about Superboy Prime to get that joke) And Damn, the ENTER is still not working. And what is Tau about the thread?

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Hey, we have unlimited signature space now!

Tau has a Caste-based system, and a very 'far east' feel to it, hence the comparison. Still better a lot of samurai than very few. I think of this as the equivalent of having 5 or 6 Hylian Soldiers in the West arc.

So, with the loss of the Lanaryu Rupee mines would Gold and Silver and other stuff start showing up as money to help make up for it, or is it all just Rupees still?

Also, Gigantus went all Banhammer in the Main Thread.

This amuses me.

@Mjolnr

Rupees were used before Lanayru and they still exist now post-Lanayru. Rupees are still the currency.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

No I get that they are the main one, but I didn't know if say I could pay you in "6 red rupees, 10 gold coins, and a sapphire" just to pull numbers out of my ass.

Alternative currency and stuff to help make up for the loss. Not like you can just print out extra Rupees like paper money or mint more coins like gold or silver.

@Mjolnr

Nope. No other minerals and gems for alternate currency. Only Gorons and Subrosians would have access to those in enough quantity to justify the value, and of those, the Gorons would think of that stuff as food. Let's just say rupees are the only currency that has an accepted value amongst the majority of the races.

Also, what Values are we going at?

Green 1, Blue 5, Yellow 10, Red 20, Purple 50 (I think) Orange 100, and..........wasn't there a Gold 200?

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

On the topic of far easter culture, my character will be very Venetian in style. That or German, I haven't quite decided.... But I also hope him to be the least capable in a fight yet the most dangerous...

@Mjol
    There was a Silver one worth 200 I believe also.

Silvers are 200, and Gold ones are 300.
    Should we go into detail on the big rupees from Wind Waker or the Black Rupees/Rupoors?

I not sure whether I missed it some where, but is the tokay history up yet?

Because TP had the most comprehensible rupee list, we will be using this one with a slight contribution from the 3 newer titles (gold has = 300 rupees in PH, ST, and SS).

Green = 1 Rupee
    Blue = 5 Rupees
    Yellow = 10 Rupees
    Red = 20 Rupees
    Purple = 50 Rupees
    Orange = 100 Rupees
    Silver = 200 Rupees
    Gold = 300 Rupees

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

huh.In Majoras mask, Silver=100 and Orange=200 I guess TP makes more sense, lol.
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

you know, Youtube is REALLY ****ING PISSING ME OFF LATELY.