Page 26 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126526 ... LastLast

Thread: HTW RP OOC

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

And the Yook has two heads...

Ohhh, I misread it. Silly me.
    Right head.

Regarding the war, the U.S. failed to annex Canada, which was their main goal. While Britain failed to permanently capture territory in the United States, their goal was the defence of Canada. But the war ended in a truce, and the status quo returned to normal.

Essentially, it was a stalemate that has been overhyped by Canada and the U.S.

Edited for clarity.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; November 08, 2012 at 07:28 PM.

Considering they burnt the White House down, our invasion of Canada was repulsed, and the fact that they completely blockaded our trade sucssesfully and only let up due to protests from Merchants....

We lost. The Brits just didn't destroy the country.

Point taken, but as Diddly stated it was technichally a draw.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Agent 51

Considering the war is often seen by contemporary historians as a test of American will, that the British did not take the country, and the fact that the war ended in a truce, I would still consider it a draw, if not a spiritual win, not a loss. Now Vietnam is another story entirely... that one I say we 100% lost.

Posting as Yookami now. Pharos did, as I presumed, strike at the same head as the others.
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; November 08, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

The lost gnomes of Pharos have been found! This was the Yookami's vision for them...

Bonus objective: Preserve the gnomes.

Reward: Hell if I know. Pharos favor? I can't predict that Wizzrobe...

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    The lost gnomes of Pharos have been found! This was the Yookami's vision for them...

Bonus objective: Preserve the gnomes.

Reward: Hell if I know. Pharos favor? I can't predict that Wizzrobe...
    That is a great bonus objective. But how are we going to prevent you from throwing them! Or should we catch them like footballs...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

THAT BAT RASTARD! How dare he attempt to reshape those gnomes that are most definitely not petrified midgets with beards and funny hats!

By the way, there are seven of them.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; November 08, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

@Diddly

Thanks for the number!

@Zectorman

The first two will be thrown no matter what due to distance. The rest depends on how fast you move and if you can take him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    Also they burned our White House down.

And we lost.

We didn't lose, and when the Brits burned down the White House a Tornado touched down like the wrath of God and tore the Brits to shreds and caused them to retreat as fast as they possibly could.

Side note, no tornado touched down when we burned the capital building of (i think) Toronto.

Divine intervention y'all.

Edit: also the main goal was not to annex Canada, th main goal was to get the Brits to stop stealing our Sailors (alot of whom actually were Brits who jumped ship because we had ALOT better pay and conditions) and to generally get the Brits to stop being s. We succeeded. Canada was just going to be a bonus.
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; November 08, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

I just had the greatest idea ever.

I feel as though we should be worried then.

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

@SilverLich

You are not the only one...

Speaking of the British.

Assassin's Creed 3 hates you all.

Every.

Single.

One.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    We didn't lose, and when the Brits burned down the White House a Tornado touched down like the wrath of God and tore the Brits to shreds and caused them to retreat as fast as they possibly could.

Side note, no tornado touched down when we burned the capital building of (i think) Toronto.

Divine intervention y'all.
    So what was Sandy about then? /troll

Also, can I point out in 1812 France had invaded Germany and Austria and was in the process of taking Moscow (the only country to have done so during winter), while at the same time fighting guerrillas and British troops in Spain and Portugal. Thiere were two naval superpowers around 21 miles from each other's shorelines, and the British forces needed ship crews to fend off the threat of invasion.

I'm going to look this up now, because opening a third front against a potential trading partner seems idiotic when Napoleons was at his most dangerous...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

@Agent
    I thought this would happen. So much for being a fair and unbiased view of history from a third party. I assume the Brits all have bad teeth and names like Charles Pitchinton the third of Warrensford? And that they are completely incompetent evil cowards? And that the Revolutionaries are all plucky underdogs, overthrowing the fascist-like British Empire, as they set fire to buildings with women and children inside for the kicks and giggles, and beat people for the sake of it? And that they are called the Redcoats, because not only are they are really vampires, they have no table manners, so get blood all over their clothes?

Damn it, Ubisoft.

@Mjol
    I have issue with "to generally get the Brits to stop being s". There were good and bad people all through history, please do not just state that an entire nation was acting immorally. As you know, I am not the most patriotic of people, but it might rile me a little, and I might choose to respond in kind.

And that is fight you will not win. Although I assume that due to the fact that all but a few of us are Americans, I will not make any friends in the process.

I also have issue with the "divine intervention" thing, but that might just be me.
    Last edited by Mattwensley; November 09, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote:
    "Dodoko, get up. I require your assistance." Heriuno said, keeping a wary eye on the Yook. "If we're to kill this beast, I think our tactics will have to remain....unorthodox."

I was pretty tempted to spin a tale about how Prussia was decicive in the final battle against Napoleon, and how Germany still lost that war because the other European nations didn't allow a united nation in the middle of Europe. Then I though that would just add fuel to the fire. but apparently, things started to burn all on their own.

Yeah, discussing history is fine, but there is no reason to get offensive/defensive about it.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

@gaia
    Vic told me once about this Prussian general who was knocked off his horse at the start of a charge, was ran over by his own heavy cavalry, then ran over again as his cavalry left the field. Then he got up and left the battlefield.

Prussians. I wouldn't mess with them.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by gaiachild View Post
    I was pretty tempted to spin a tale about how Prussia was decicive in the final battle against Napoleon, and how Germany still lost that war because the other European nations didn't allow a united nation in the middle of Europe. Then I though that would just add fuel to the fire. but apparently, things started to burn all on their own.

Yeah, discussing history is fine, but there is no reason to get offensive/defensive about it.
    My view of Prussia's contribution to the Napoleonic wars is coloured by the fact that in 1812/1813 they rose up against French occupation while the whole Armie du Nord was retreating through their land. Now that took balls of steel...

Also Blucher, who with Sarm-like tenacity commanded the eastern flank three days after knocked unconscious and run over by a French cavalry regiment twice. At the battle of Waterloo, the Prussian force arrived several hors into the battle, having been beaten twice in as many days by the French elites that week. Their advance was reported to be disordered and piecemeal after their long march but do aggressive and spirited, they could have been routing in reverse. Also General Gneisenau, Blucher's tactician and an official baneblade-behind-a-lamppost Tactical Genius.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

If I'm still giving the Polish point of view, I can still flip EVERYONE off here if we're talking about the Napoleonic wars.

Hell I'm Poland, I can pretty much always do that.
    Last edited by Agent 51; November 09, 2012 at 05:35 AM.