Page 11 of 558 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111511 ... LastLast

Thread: HTW RP OOC

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

I don't care really. Can't afford it.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Sorry Mjol. I don't care about Halo either. :/

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I care, it's just that with Christmas only a month away, I may as well wait until then, despite the fact that I'm going to hate the wait and possibly spoil the story for myself.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLich View Post
    In other words were still screwed no matter who gets voted into office...
    Yes. We are screwed. This cold war generation in charge is going to get us all killed. GG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

You two sadden me.

Silver does not.

The only two games i can eally think of that are left this year are Halo and maybe the new Paper Mario if its any good. (They got rid of companions! WHY!?)

There's also Primal Rage, Chivalry, Assassin's Creed 3, Dawn of War 2, War of the Roses, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Hitman, Xcom and a BILLION other games that I want to get before Halo.

And my little brother is getting CoD: Blops 2 which takes away a lot of potential for getting anything.
    Last edited by Agent 51; November 05, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Sorry, no care about Halo on my front either. I just never found the appeal/never clicked with me. I am not that big on shooters anyway. My personally most anticipated game this year is without a doubt Hitman. And Primal CArnage, if I would play online multiplayer.
    Asid from that, Devil MAy cry 5 perhaps, depends on if the messed up Dante with the new look or not. Otherwise I am waiting for Dragon Age 3, the next game in the mass effect series, and, most of all, a new role play game that does NOT have a fantasy setting. Like Alpha protocol or Vampire the Masquerade.

Hm, and If I have the time and money, I may purchase the Saints Row the third complete package and go nut

I think its gonna be awhile before any new Mass Effects come out. Have not heard much about DA3 other than the subtitle and all of 3 screenshots.

Never played DMC though. No interest. Same with Hitman.

Minecraft. Mass Effect 3. DLC for a few games, including Civ 5 and M&MH 6. AoE 3 + all expansions. This is my list.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I must prefix this post with two statements. 1) I have been drinking. Not much, but enough. 2) No offence is meant to anyone of any nation. I'm not sure if I will say anything offensive, but I've found it's a safe thing to mention when I have been drinking.

It scares me a little how much the election of one of the most powerful people on the planet has become dependant on image. I don't care if he's a nice guy, will he do what is necessary, or will he do what is right? There's a big difference between the two, and both are respectible, in a way, and both have their drawbacks. What would you do?

I'm a monarchist. We're quite rare, even in England these days, but I respect anyone with the guts to say "I'm in charge. Why? Because I say so. Because that's how it has been for a while, and it will be like that for a while more". The queen doesn't have too much to do with politics these days, apart from purely formal events like signing off on new legislation. She can decide not to, but I believe the last time that happened was 1707 or something.

So yeah. Been drinking, politics, weak argument, there you go.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Actually, while I am on it:
    I like fantasy as much as the next guy who likes Zelda. However, I do grow tired of every other roleplay game having a fantasy setting. And in the end, even if games like the Witcher or Dragon age claim to have a new, darker spin on it, its still just fantasy, with the same elves and dwarfes, new names or not. Thats the nice thing about zelda, its fantasy, but different.

So two questions:
    Can you reccomend any good roleplay games without a fantasy setting (not to old, stil need to work on a two year old laptop).

What sort of setting would you like for a roleplay game?

Still never finished MAss Effect 3. Beat the Asari homeworld, heard about the cluster of an ending, got scared away. Still have not gone back to it.

I'm horrible about finishing games in general.

@Gaia

I'm actually fine with most Fantasy settings. Nothing wrong with it, but a nice change of pace is fine.

Differernt RPGs though...... Hmmmm this will require thought. I'll get back to you on it.

@Nic

YAY another Halo fan!
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; November 05, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

was going to talk about more political stuff, especially about something that atx said, but looks like we have moved on. so guess not

I am getting halo tonight.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

Quote Originally Posted by gaiachild View Post
    Actually, while I am on it:
    I like fantasy as much as the next guy who likes Zelda. However, I do grow tired of every other roleplay game having a fantasy setting. And in the end, even if games like the Witcher or Dragon age claim to have a new, darker spin on it, its still just fantasy, with the same elves and dwarfes, new names or not. Thats the nice thing about zelda, its fantasy, but different.

So two questions:
    Can you reccomend any good roleplay games without a fantasy setting (not to old, stil need to work on a two year old laptop).

What sort of setting would you like for a roleplay game?
    Well the thing about rp is, is that it is all fantasy in one way or another. Now if you are talking something that isn't sword and board like zelda and dragon age I can recommend Dark Heresy from the warhammer 40k universe. There is so much content in the Warhammer 40k universe that it is impossible not to come up with a cool character. For men and women, kids and old folks. Those who like to write alot can really make a back story and write soo much in this setting.

@Matt

Not all that crazy. Actualy, I will be doing a critical analysis/research essay that deals with the merits of a single ruler. Major work to be anaylzed: On Royal and Papal Power by Jean de Paris.

@gaiachild

Got nothing right now, sorry.

I enjoy the zelda setting because it truly is fantastical. Beyond that i play a table top RP called Cyberpunk and thats also pretty awesome.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

Up, sorry, I meant RP computer games.

@Matt
    Monarchy has its merits. Hobbes knew it, the Ottomans knew it, and many people probably knew it before them. In the end, order usually is prefferably to chaos, and I see more articles about "one intelligent dictator is better ofr humanity than ten stupid democracies" every day. Problem is, in the time of machine guns and mercenaries that can easily be flown in from anothe rcountry, overthrowing a bad dictator aint as "easy" as it used to.

and thats the thing gaia, being a bad dictator who abuses his power for himself. It's much rare to see a good dictator but when there is one he can do so much for the people. Though you got to admit as the youngest country to be a major power America has come very far very fast for being a democracy

Quote Originally Posted by niveksirrah View Post
    and thats the thing gaia, being a bad dictator who abuses his power for himself. It's much rare to see a good dictator but when there is one he can do so much for the people. Though you got to admit as the youngest country to be a major power America has come very far very fast for being a democracy
    We are not a democracy. We are a republic, it is a common mistake. Democracy means every single perosn votes on every single issue. We elected officials to do that for us, republic.....Even then our votes for president do not matter considering the electoral college.

POLITICS BE GONE!!!!!!