Page 10 of 558 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110510 ... LastLast

Thread: HTW RP OOC

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

I am actually interested in what gaia thinks about the candidates. Ya know, from an outside viewpoint.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

@ mjol

Oui mon ami

Really gambit was always one of my favorite X-men, but that's a different story
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

Oh, and how could I forget, there is also Ursula.

Meh, perhaps not all of the names I mentioned are original German, but nowadays they are common and nobody will automatically assume you are foreign because of it.

@Avatar
    What shall I say? I dislike conservatives, at home and elsewhere, so Romney is unsymathetic from the get go. Especially after al that research on Fox News, Republican propaganda machine number one.
    On the other hand, Obama was the guy who merrily allowed mercenaries to travel to egypt to be used against the people, and I don't specifically trust politicians, especially those who look as nice and harmless as Obama. And all I know about Obama is that his new health care plan has sort of made things better for soem people, but that most people are sorta disapointed. And last week this one Prof from America pretty much told us that it would be the same difference no matter who is elected, because in the end you just decide between cooperation number one founding the one side and cooperation number two founding the other side. Then again, he think america needs more than two parties anyway.

All in all, if i could vote, I would vote Obama, but only because he is not Republican, which I freely admit is a rather weak reason.
    Well, perahps i will be smarter in 24 hours, because in twenty hours the whole thing starts for me and my course.

This is pretty much how i see it right here. Poor quality, but i go with what youtube gives me.

@gaiachild

Thanks for your input. I would define myself as conservative, so I would be more for Romney. I don't know how much you know about the American political process, but my vote really won't even matter. I live in New York, which always votes Democrat and has no chance of flip in the coming election. Therefore, my fellow Republicans and I will not really be represented in the coming election. Same goes for Democrats in Texas, which is a Republican state. ((rant)Greatest pet peeve in my family regarding the political system... we still use the electoral system instead of popular vote even when the popular vote is counted at the end anyway... It is undemocratic. I asked my political science teacher about the benefits of using the elector system over popular vote, to try and wrap my head around why the hell we still use it. The answer? Nothing really. It's tradition and it would take a constituational amendment to change it. (/rant)) Anyway, judging by how things are going in the Legislative branch elections, I don't really think this election is going to make that big of a difference. Unless Romney or Obama (whoever wins), along with the House and Senate majoirty leaders, can actually work in a bipartisan fashion, nothing will get done and nothing will change. Also, about America needing more than 2 parties, do you think we need any more confusion in our system than we already do? We actually DO have more than two parties, but they rarely win any elections. (Ron Paul, if anyone remembers, was a Libertarian.) Our political science class once discussed the party system. We divided into groups and tried to figure out how our elections would work without it. What we came up with was... less than ideal and far more work. The third parties support one of the two major parties to push their ideals. I can explain in-depth how this works, but it will completely derail the OOC. Have any questions, PM me.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

I hate political science -_-' worst class that I took.
    Just listen to avi talking about it makes me feel derp.
    Think i'll just stick to what i'm good at.

I am voting republican by the way. Just Obama had his. That and the attack on our Embassy with him trying to cover it up? yeah forget it.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

In regards to politics, I am voting for Romney, but hating it. I vote for him for my own reasons.

In truth, I hate our two party system with a fire of a thousand suns. My chosen major in my university is political science, and it is sad to see how wrong everything is from a philosophical standpoint. But seeing as these two parties have cornered the market on political power, i have no choice. So in truth our republic has become a side show where you have to choose between two attractions with the same bosses. It hurts my heart to see how inefficient our government is or helpful. I will say I am more of a moderate conservative and thats why I vote as such. But I hate that the GOP is lumped together with the evangelicals and radical right with all those musket toting tea party crazies. And Gaia, do not get me started about fox, I have never seen another network (including cartoon networks) that has been filled with this much ridiculousness. In the end I am against big government and it should stay out of our lives as much as possible.

@Gaia
    Egyptian you say...hmmm. Idk, Igos du iknana sounds like, Igos de Ikana (Igos of Ikana) which is a little spanish lends to the inca/spanish pretext. And the clothing too,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As too the Garo, I have thought of it like that before but I was looking around just to make sure. It does make sense in a way and I can definitely work with that. I have read somewhere that they could be the spies/assassins of the people who built the Great Stone Tower.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

So, Halo 4 tomorrow.

Last big release for me this year that i can think of.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Gary johnson would be my vote. Sadly he has little chance of victory.

I need to catch up on some conversations I missed.

Hold on a tic.

(Also Obama. Leavin' it to that)

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I'm trying to make it so people will be with others that they have "problems" with. Like I said, I want to try some rivalries this time. Foranar will be there to keep Enighim and Marik from murdering one another, but I want them to be there with each other. Unlike Marisa and Cerule, this actually has opportunity for both characters and most likely will not result in over-the-top OOC arguments. That is the only reason why I am not putting Cerule and Marisa together, because I do not trust Mjolnr and Zector not to destroy the entire roleplay! If I had hope that Mjolnr would not boardwash the OOC in screaming about Cerule, or if I thought Zector would not have Cerule do something insane, I would have them together. Marik and Enighim I can handle. Controlled environments my friends. It is like a nuclear reaction. I can keep Marik and Enighim in a room of nuclear fission without reaching critical mass. Marisa and Cerule, on the other hand, I cannot guarentee the wellbeing of the RP as a whole, and thus they have been separated from each other. Now, another reason I have split the groups up in this way is because of the event that will cause the split up. This has yet to be revealed... Also, Gaia, have no fear. Your character will have time to become integrated. This is still somewhat down the road.
    I enjoy how the two who have tried to kill each other are less trouble than the sheer amount of bitchiness that goes into those two.

Quote Originally Posted by gaiachild View Post
    Friendly advise. Call him a badass less often, and NEVER call him a badass in the actual roleplay. Simply caling someone a badass without showing why only makes the character boring and its writer presumptious.
    Example:
    When the DC relaunch happened, there were this two new series. One was called Deathstroke. Personally I think that character is one of the most overrated and ridicolously overpowered fictional guys ever. The new comic didN't help matters, seening how his first issue mentioned like a dozen times what a badass and how badass he supposedly was, when all he did was genericly killing generic mooks.

The other one was called Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E.. The main character was never reffered to as a badass,not that he needed to, seeing how he is Frankensteins Monster wielding the Sword of St. Michael. Then, in his third issue, he and his team are on a Monster planet in a different dimention. and confronted with a leviathan, basiacally a giantic spider monster the size of mountain. And what does Frankenstein do? Shouting some awesome lines declaring that he fears none and that everything eventually succumbs to his blade, he jumps at the creature, gets swallowed whole. Twenty seconds later, the spider falters, and Frankenstein cuts a hole into it from the inside, jumps out and drags the creatures heart with it, only to stab it son after.
    THAT is how you show that someone is badass. Show, don't tell.

And to be honest, no offense, but every time you proclaim that your next character will be a badass, he becomes less and less interesting to me, and more and more bland and uninteresting. My advise, lay of the promises of badassery, just state his profession or something, then when the next arc eventually arrives, let him do something that makes everyone else think "Wow. BADASS!", but in a way that lets them decide if its badass or not.
    I only ever think of my characters as badass after the fact. I only thought Hando was more than just a lumbering sack o' muscle after Phil complimented his style after he took out the Stallord. AND THEN NO ONE ELSE MENTIONED IT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Cear Darrore should be unlikable as a person. As a character, I hope he adds to the RP and proves an interesting view on things. You should also listen to what he says, as while he won't be a GM character, I will be getting outside knowledge as a result of his class. On the other hand, he don't have to listen to him, and there's very little he can do to make you.

5' 7''. Lank, greasy brown hair. Very pale. Dark eyes. The opposite of Sarm, who was (apparently - I didn't say anything about it - I blame gaia ) attractive and possibly charismatic, this guy is very unlikely to be involved in any romantic engagements. Lacking in combat capabilities beyond basic fighting skills.

So, any guesses as to his class?
    A Priest? Or some sort of Scholar?

I am still fairly surprised by the American system of picking the individual person as much as the party, and how there's so little coverage of the prospective secretaries on each side...

And to all our American RPers, if your vote is unlikely to count anyway pick one of the 'protest parties' you get from time to time. My favourite is the Monster Raving Loony Party, which i'm told has a US branch...

I am exempt from guessing on Matt's character as i know all his influences!
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Hate Romney. Hate Hate Hate.
    He's pro-life.. I'm pro-choice
    He's Mormon... Ew.
    He's anti-gay... brothers gay
    He's against womens right. ( contraceptives and the like.)
    He'll be the reason we're thrust into another war and I have to go spend a dick year in a desert that I don't want to go to. Just no.
    He supports censorship of the internet

Also Ahiga was ignored.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Speaking of elections, back here our profs claim that campaign elections in the US have become more about the image/performance of the candidates (such as Michelle Obama doing push ups on NPR national radio) than the actual political programs. Can you confirm or deny that?

I'd say yes. It's a soap opera of flip flopping opinions. Watch the Daily Show or the Colbert Report and they will point out in glorious detail just how full of BS it all is.

@gaiachild

Image has absolutely become very important to the candidates. It is, in fact, as important or more important than the message itself. Much of Romney's pushes during his campaign has been to try and remove the "rich, out of touch, white man" stereotype that has surrounded him. Candidates are doing their best to make themselves look "presidential", and appear as the "nice common fellow." Image, and even looks, has become a very important drive during this campaign. Probably a lot more than it should.

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Confirm. Totally. Neither candidate really has any ability to do anything. They are a figurehead for the house, congress and senate.
    Blaming Obama for being unproductive is ridiculous as there are reasons for this.
    We currently have republicans everywhere and a democrat president.
    Obama lays down a plan or a bill or anything
    Republicans shoot him down simply because they hold the power.

So. Yeah. Same could happen to Romney too, or the whole group could stay in power and we could give Romney the devastating ability to everything up.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

@Attaxer

Like I said, from projections it seems Republicans are going to keep the House and the Democrats are going to keep the Senate. No matter who becomes president, expect next to nothing to change unless a general consensus can be reached (and that's a laughably low chance). Will find out officially very soon.

In other words were still screwed no matter who gets voted into office. As usual, politics makes little to no sense and rarely gets people anywhere.

Edited my last post so that he wasn't completely ignored
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Like i said, Douche and Turd.

And apparently i'm the only one who gives a crap about Halo.