Thread: Post Your Unit Comparisons: Stats do not tell all.

Default Post Your Unit Comparisons: Stats do not tell all.

Hello folks.

I'm starting what I hope will become a rather important thread that may even help Neph in his design. The purpose of this thread is for players to report unexpected unit interactions, or units that behave in a strange manner or who do poorly or spectacularly well in certain environments.

The unit highlight today is a duel between Hylian Infantry and Horonian Soldiers. On paper, these two units are very similar; both have 6 attack and 8 defense. The Horonian soldiers are at a disadvantage right off the bat however because unlike their Hylian counterparts, they only have 100 men to a unit. The Hylians have 126.

Furthermore, the Horonians have the bizarre characteristic of behaving worse guarding a hilltop than they do on the flat. It's not just against Hylians, I've watched a unit of Horonian soldiers get murdered by another group of Horonians while fighting them downhill. This means the one thing that might allow the Horonians to equalize with the Hylians, the high ground, actually harms their cause. I'm not sure if this bug is common to all sword and shield wielding soldiers or if it's peculiar to the Holodrum, but it's an odd one.

Feel free to discuss this and any examples that are posted, or post your own bizarre experience. Archers beating heavy cavalry on the charge? Elite units being bested by cannon fodder with half the stats? This is the place to post it.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Post Your Unit Comparisons: Stats do not tell all.

a little off topic from what your saying-I just think that the balancing stats in Hyrule total war are weird and a little off, for example in medieval 2 total war hyrealean knights would probably have stats of attack-11 defence-18 charge-8 or something similer but in Hyrule total war they have 9 10 4 it is a bit weird and along with that the balancing could be improved. Also there are weird things such as Ordona militiamen and Horon soldiers having shields but no defence from shields in there information...

I did 1 on 1 battles in custom battles and kokiri militia beat every unit of sheikah cadre, even the soldiers of Agahnim

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

I did use a group of kingmakers and assassins to kill three groups of mudmen of Faron. It was hit and run the entire time...

bridges................ enough said. I thought I was screwed in a battle against hyrule they had around 600 footsoldiers and two trebushet units. I ( as the twili) had only a unit of shadow kogoroks and a sol cannon. I figured i might take a hundred with me before I was overtaken In addition I lost a canon to the trebuchet's early in the battle. Not only did the cannon manage to burn all 600 foot soldiers but they also managed to take a trebuchet unit. The battle ended when my last 15 shadow kogoroks routed the other trebuchet.

At that point I was already laughing my ass off at how the battle had gone. So far the most memorable battle I had the pleasure of personally commanding
    Last edited by TatlTael; April 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TatlTael View Post
    bridges................ enough said. I thought I was screwed in a battle against hyrule they had around 600 footsoldiers and two trebushet units. I ( as the twili) had only a unit of shadow kogoroks and a sol cannon. I figured i might take a hundred with me before I was overtaken In addition I lost a canon to the trebuchet's early in the battle. Not only did the cannon manage to burn all 600 foot soldiers but they also managed to take a trebuchet unit. The battle ended when my last 15 shadow kogoroks routed the other trebuchet.

At that point I was already laughing my ass off at how the battle had gone. So far the most memorable battle I had the pleasure of personally commanding
    If you enjoy Sol Cannons try Powder Kegs, just as fun plus they take down pretty much any defenses in one shot, plus have the AoE burn killing that Sol Cannons do (because the Cannons are anti-infantry, the are obviously a bit more accurate, but still). For even more burning fun stick some Twili Sorceresses on say a wooden castle wall and watch the show .

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox