Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations

Default Re: Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations

Hey, Goutlard. Great Mod. But can you please disable the projectile trails? Been playing this with darthmod for months now and i'm always turned off by those damn trails. So is there a way you could remove them?

Kooperrider's Avatar Foederatus

How exactly did you get it to work with Darthmod?

Nvm found out how.

But do you know how to use this mod with Darthmod without lowering the unit size? I can't keep my normal DM unit size currently.

Yeah, what Kooperrider said, it lowers my unit sizes, what exactly does your mod have that changes the drills? Because when i compare vanilla to this mods drill column in db editor the stats are the same (infrantry_line). I plan to add this to all the units darthmod brings and fixing the lowering unit sizes
    Last edited by shogunwhae; September 20, 2015 at 02:10 PM.

If you could create such a fix, I'd be most appreciative if you would pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooperrider View Post
    If you could create such a fix, I'd be most appreciative if you would pass it on.
    the files are too big to upload ill explain the way i did it.
    I have DME with the AUM pack and ornamentum units, i used DBeditor to open 3 files at the same time, DME_AUM,DME_darthmod,DME_unitspack. i copied the units_abilities_tables from goutlard pack (using dbeeditor too) and pasted it in the unit_abilities_tables of 3 dme files. Then just modify the unit_stats_land_tables ( for me it's a big list ) and what you want to modify here is a column that says "Can skirmish" it's all the way to the right, then just type "true" for the units you want.

Tested it in battle and seems to work, im sure there was an easier way but with my poor english and the lack of modding i coulnd't figure better.
    (your units abilities tables should look like my pic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails explain.png   explain2.png   explain3.png   explain4.png  

Where is the aum_units_stats_land directory? I can't find it in the editor.

Is it possible for an Napoleon Total War version of this amazing mod? It sorta fits in that game.

dead link.. please re-upload.

Can this mod work with the Additional Units Mod, or can someone at least tell me the best way to do so?

Default Re: Goutlard's Infantry Formations and Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy in a Box View Post
    I was very much looking forward to playing your mods, however they do not work at all.

I've done everything needed for the mods, including making the user.script into a Unicode document. Any help as to why these aren't working and how to fix them would be most appreciated. Thanks!
    I know it's been literally 6 years so I'm a biiiiiit late here, but what even is step 4? It says go there. What do I do there? What am I looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by rj10598 View Post
    I know it's been literally 6 years so I'm a biiiiiit late here, but what even is step 4? It says go there. What do I do there? What am I looking at?
    When you use mods, you usually have to edit the user.empire_script file and "add" the mods name there or optionally use the modmanager program. However some files may work without like this mod seems to.

Edit: if the mod does not work after you placed the mod file in data folder, you can add the mods name here:

Go to C:\Users\ "yourusername" \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    if you don't see the folder this might help: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...windows-vista/

Edit or add a file: user.empire_script

add a line: mod "the_mods_name.pack";
    example:mod "Gourtlandfiringdrills.pack";
    Last edited by Sandels; March 17, 2019 at 10:28 PM.

Can anyone tell me how to know if the mod work ?

I need help making this mod work, as I do all the steps +user.empire_script thingy, but when I start battle, it doesn't work

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123