Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations

Hi everyone, let me present you my newest mod of a compilation for Empire Total War. I will today present you a modification of the Infantry and Cavalry Formations, and firing drills, aiming to improve the realism of the game getting a rid of the poor and unrealistic vanilla . I hope you will enjoy !

(source : unencyclopedia, accordingly to Creative Commons http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/F...e_infantry.jpg)

Edited Infantry Unit Formations :

1. Musketeer units stand in a closer formation : 0,8 meter x 1 meter instead of 1,2 x 2 meters
    2. Melee units stand in a closer formation : 1 meter x 1 meter instead of 1,5 x 2,5 meters
    3. Light Infantry units stand in a closer formation : 1 meter x 2 meters instead of 1,5 meter x 2 meters

Edited Firing Drills :

1. Removed mass fire, fire and advance, platoon fire and fire by rank as most of these firing drills are really completely unrealistic, give unfair reload bonuses and platoon fire is nearly useless.
    2. Kept the technologies to avoid any issues
    3. Gave a new firing drill to all units, the famous skirmish fire as shown in this video from Lordsith (credits to him) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojQG...ature=youtu.be

Important :

This mod, even if it can be used alone, is part of an overhaul and works best when used in combination with my other mods as they compensate each other's strenght and weaknesses. Many of my mods have many versions to let you choose the features you want. If you want a new version, tell me, if I do not answer you fast, send me a PM, I'll make it !

Goutlard's Land projectile overhaul
    Goutlard's fatigue overhaul
    Goutlard's Naval projectile overhaul
    Goutlard's Infantry Formations and Firing Drills
    Goutlard's Unit Unlock & Prices

How to install :

1. Download the version of the mod you want, thanks to Radious for his awesome mod concept !
    2. Unzip the downloaded folder.
    3. Put the .pack file in
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    4. Go to C:\Users\ "yourusername" \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    4. That's it ! This pack is a patch file, no need for user.empire_script !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Goutlard; February 25, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

SargeBarnes's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Goutlard's Infantry Formations and Balance

Awesome mod Goutlard! Thx, and IMO appropriate and realistic .

Quote Originally Posted by SargeBarnes View Post
    Awesome mod Goutlard! Thx, and IMO appropriate and realistic .
    Realistic up to a certain extend ! Vanilla is realistic for fresh, not tired soldiers. This mods tends to represent the way experienced and tired soldiers fought !
    Last edited by Goutlard; November 14, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Tried downloading this, doesn't appear to be working. Can this be used with Imperial Splendour?

It cannot, both mods use the same files :/

Gotcha, I'll probably try using this by itself since I hate all those unrealistic firing drills

Civis

Hi Goutlard.
    Do i have any chance to use it with Darthmod? or it is the same answer as for Imperial Splendour? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Fat Guy in a Box's Avatar Libertus

I was very much looking forward to playing your mods, however they do not work at all.

I've done everything needed for the mods, including making the user.script into a Unicode document. Any help as to why these aren't working and how to fix them would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Hey great mod but I was wondering why this mod only seems to work only for guards and other elite units? it doesnt seem to work for line infantry and when I research platoon or rank fire your firing drill gets overwritten by the new firing drills? Is there any way to get rid of these drills so I can just have your skirmish fire?

Aye there is a simple way to disable platoon fire fully : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249864 scrool down to download the attachement at the bottom of the page !

Hi Goutlard.
    Do i have any chance to use it with Darthmod? or it is the same answer as for Imperial Splendour? Thank you in advance for your answer.
    Actually it WOULD work with both of these mods, but the balance would be so messed up that the game experience would be broken :/.

I was very much looking forward to playing your mods, however they do not work at all.

I've done everything needed for the mods, including making the user.script into a Unicode document. Any help as to why these aren't working and how to fix them would be most appreciated. Thanks!
    did you call the text user.script or user.empire_script ? ^^
    Last edited by Goutlard; February 16, 2013 at 08:56 AM.

iCrusader's Avatar Civis

Goutland, good mood

I would like to use your mod in Darthmod, but only interests me this:

Edited Firing Drills:

Removed mass fire, Fire and advance, Platoon fire and fire by rank as MOST of These drills are really firing completelly unrealistic, reload bonuses and give unfair platoon fire is nearly useless.

Kept the technologies but research Gave them 0 point so That They are researched instantly.

Gave a new firing drill to all units, the famous skirmish fire as Shown in this video from Lordsith (credits to him) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojQG...ature=youtu.be

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by iCrusader View Post
    Goutland, good mood

Edited Firing Drills:

Removed mass fire, Fire and advance, Platoon fire and fire by rank as MOST of These drills are really firing completelly unrealistic, reload bonuses and give unfair platoon fire is nearly useless.

Kept the technologies but research Gave them 0 point so That They are researched instantly.

Gave a new firing drill to all units, the famous skirmish fire as Shown in this video from Lordsith (credits to him) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojQG...ature=youtu.be
    Hi iCrusader,

May i ask you to share your . pack file if you are successfully include skirmish abiity or 2-3 rank fire to all units in DME. Thank you in advance.

Civis

Dear Goutlard,

If i include your great mod to Vanilla Empire what stats they will have? DId you edited the numbers themselves? (range, accuracy etc.)
    Thank you for your answer.

Hi Alexzav,
    I did not touch accuracy, morale, range, reload skill, none of those, neither I did to the battle rules.
    Stats remain exactly the same compared to vanilla Empire Total War exept for pikes and large weapons that gain bonus against cavalry.
    The only difference would be in the formations that are changed, and technologies who lose their effects.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Hi Alexzav,
    I did not touch accuracy, morale, range, reload skill, none of those, neither I did to the battle rules.
    Stats remain exactly the same compared to vanilla Empire Total War exept for pikes and large weapons that gain bonus against cavalry.
    The only difference would be in the formations that are changed, and technologies who lose their effects.

Goutlard,

Thank you.

Basically, you did it with this one:

Goutlard's Land projectile accuracy range overhaul

Right?

Yes

iCrusader's Avatar Civis

Goutlard, I would like to modify the mod ... I want to remove "rebalanced the anti-cavalry bonus for spears, pikes, axes and pitchforks." What I have to remove the Pack Manager?
    Last edited by iCrusader; February 22, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Goutlard, I cannot research the removed techs. Instead of being set to zero they are set to over 200 turns to research. It has effectively denied me my elite units and my light infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by iCrusader View Post
    Goutland, good mood

Edited Firing Drills:

God I beg you, could you share your file, please!!!!
    As in Darthmod my formations are messed up they arent in a straight line and on campaign I cant do where u have this since begining!
    Please!

Default Re: Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations

This mod is all fixed up and uploaded, no more technology issues !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast