Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goutlard's Land projectile accuracy range overhaul

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Goutlard's Land projectile accuracy range overhaul

Hi everyone, let me present you my second mod of a compilation for Empire Total War. I will today present you a modification of the projectile system aiming to improve the realism of the game getting a rid of the poor and unrealistic vanilla . I hope you will enjoy !

Download Link :
    Version 1 : https://mega.nz/#!jpFSkILS!_eHUFFJ1dZ5Nn1WTgjEjIJGFyJURmvdn0V3ujmcsVBg
    Version 2 : https://mega.nz/#!fsUk3JJD!LjZxcpp52LR4fzSIb4E3cTqA5-RSyvB8m8iSsz1HkwQ

The current download link is broken. If you have an alternative download link or have the mod saved on your pc please contact Modding Staff.

Edited Explosions :

1. The explosion of the projectile (grenades, shells, and so on) depends on the caliber more, and in a more linear manner.
    2. Explosions should now look better, and be somewhat larger.

Edited Projectile Tables :

1. Reloading speed greatly reduced to give a more realistic feeling to the game as soldiers usually fired two or three, up to four for the best men ; those are not realistic for a single soldier, one man can fire a musket more than once every ten second if he is properly trained, but represent the historical chaos and loss of control of officers over regiments that significantly reduced firing rates.
    2. Ranges are now higher for all units.
    3. Misfire rates are really way higher to a realistic number around 10-15% for most guns.
    4. Grenades are now more realistic, pretty deadly weapons, you better not take grenades in the face. But, in exchange, your men will really expose themselves to ennemy fire due to low range and have a much slower grenade reload rate.
    5. The launched grenades have a huge misfire rate.
    6. Canister Shot has it's range less increased than other shots, but in exchange, the amount of bullets fired by it now depends on the size of the cannon ! The small cannons will give accurate canister shot , sniping the part you want of the regiment, whereas the huge cannons will just fire and kill who is in front of them inaccurately.
    7. Corrected the super-fast fort cannons bug.
    8. 64 pndr cannons now have a superb canister shot...

Edit kv_rules (only V2) :

1. Attackpower is strongly reduced with distance, to represent loss of inertia of projectiles over long ranges.
    2. Accuracy is reduced generally, to represent general inaccuracy in that era due to smoke, stress, lack of training, and so on.
    3. The "ideal" firing range is reduced. Effective range is lower than maximal range for firearms. Therefore, it is advisable to open fire within maximal range rather than at maximal range.
    4. Firing drill reload bonuses (which were massive !!) are reduced or deleted

Important :

This mod, even if it can be used alone, is part of an overhaul and works best when used in combination with my other mods as they compensate each other's strength and weaknesses. Many of my mods have many versions to let you choose the features you want. If you want a new version, tell me, if I do not answer you fast, send me a PM, I'll make it !

Goutlard's Land projectile overhaul
    Goutlard's fatigue overhaul
    Goutlard's Naval projectile overhaul
    Goutlard's Infantry Formations and Firing Drills
    Goutlard's Unit Unlock & Prices

How to install :

1. Download the version of the mod you want, thanks to Radious for his awesome mod concept !
    2. Unzip the downloaded folder.
    3. Put the .pack file in
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    4. Go to C:\Users\ "yourusername" \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts and create a new text document.
    5. Add to the text document :
    mod "(nameofthe.packfile).pack";
    6. Save as... name : user.empire_script ; format : Unicode (important)
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; April 29, 2019 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Links broken
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Goutlard's Land projectile accuracy range overhaul

Does this or any of the other mods work?
    I fail to see any changes to unit ranges in the game and such. Prices seem to be normal as well in Campaign.

It works perfectly for all other users.
    Did you save user.script in UNICODE format ?
    If it still does not work use the Empire Total War Mod Manager

Question: is this suppossed to work for all units in the game, because it seems to only work for elite units like guards. The line infantry units still use rank or platoon fire.

It is supposed to work for all ingame units, and at the time it works for me, might be an issue with another mod ?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

What about using it with other mods? Is it still compatible?

Most mods work with it

Is this compatible with Darthmod?.

It is not, some features will be missing

How about AUM?? and does it works with your other mods??fatigue and firing drills?? i think firing drills didnt work, btu how about the others? thanks

Does this work with the "Ottoman Total Overhaul"? I'm current downloading it, does all your minor mods works with that big mod?

no doubt they work with that, i suspect this is only extracts from his overhaul, so i suspect its already included in the overhaul
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Thanks poa then I'll have to remove it from my mod list.

Poa, are you using the Ottoman Total Overhaul mod by Goutlard? if you do, can you help me with a problem, I notice that any infantry troops side-steps a lot in-game, because of that, they are unable to react and shoot at the enemy. like for example, the enemy troops are now in range to shoot my troops, but my soldiers still keeps on side-stepping or moonwalking. a few seconds after they will finally shoot. It is a small problem but it destroys all of my opportunities to beat the enemy.

I can't find the download link. Where is it?

Quick question - is the power/area of effect/lethal zone of canister shot bigger, smaller or the same for the common 12 pounder? Reducing the number of bullets for 3 pounder and 6 pounder horse artillery makes sense, as does increasing it for the big 24 pounders, but I rely on the canister shot from 12 pounders as the primary defense (and killing power) for my armies, coupled with musket fire. (Defense composed of batteries of artillery firing canister interspaced in a line of line infantry, typically 4 batteries and 4 line infantry, with 4 more line in reserve.)

Also, where's the download link? I can't find it anywhere.

After request, the file is downloadable again, even updated to be more similar to my work on Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod !

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

The archives you linked to in the OP are less than 10 Kb and I think most people would appreciate if you uploaded this mod onto TWC Download instead of relying of external sites.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I keep getting error in modmanager that it's not a .pack file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast