Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New DLC : Dragonborn

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: New DLC : Dragonborn

I just feel that spears aren't really suited to the whole image of a single adventurer. They are more of a unit weapon, suitable for an infantry formation that can bring the full potential of a spear wall to bear. Then again, it's a game, so things like these don't really have to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Adrian's Avatar Campidoctor

And another exclusive or whatever the it is, that bit about technical difficulties on the pc port made me lol.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I just feel that spears aren't really suited to the whole image of a single adventurer. They are more of a unit weapon, suitable for an infantry formation that can bring the full potential of a spear wall to bear. Then again, it's a game, so things like these don't really have to make sense.
    I think in a fantasy game they fit as you said yourself that real life point of view doesn't really matter, hell in Tes there was a guy that managed to sneak up on his servant ,who was about to sleep with his wife, behead him and then make love to his wife whilst wearing heavy armour that had bells on it to alert the servant before he found out.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I just feel that spears aren't really suited to the whole image of a single adventurer. They are more of a unit weapon, suitable for an infantry formation that can bring the full potential of a spear wall to bear.
    well, you could tell this to any Samurai preferring yari

The spear is the most common weapon of war in an era/universe heavily featuring melee combat. No reason to not have them in.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

My dream about spears in Skyrim

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    The spear is the most common weapon of war in an era/universe heavily featuring melee combat. No reason to not have them in.
    Not in tamriel it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Morrowind's armies uses spear walls during the war with the Cyrodilic Empire at the end of the 1st era?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Morrowind's armies uses spear walls during the war with the Cyrodilic Empire at the end of the 1st era?
    Not sure... care to search for some sort of source?

I can live without the existance of spear, as a weapon in the TES games, but i am baffled as many here are about their disappearance after Morrowind. I mean.... one good reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post

I can live without the existance of spear, as a weapon in the TES games, but i am baffled as many here are about their disappearance after Morrowind. I mean.... one good reason?
    They probably thought " We already have axes, swords and maces as 1h weapons, why add one more? That's unnecessary". Kinda stupid IMO but I bet that's what they thought.

Haven't spears been added by any mods?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=d7TwsDOfJ3U

Well there are spears just not what i was thinking, hopefully modders can take the animations from the Rieklings and give us proper spears.

Best thing so far about the DLC , The New Shouts especially Dragon Aspect . Also yeah i would like to see Spears return to TES.

any news on PC release? or none, as I'm guessing?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    I believe it was in one of the "Last year of first era" books, the in-game ones, but I could be wrong.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    any news on PC release? or none, as I'm guessing?
    Nope

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just don't see why people get pissed off at not being able to become a werebear or using spears. No single man would use a spear over a mace, axe, sword. Especially if there is no cavalry to deal with.

And we already get werewolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You obviously haven't met Oberyn Martell
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    No single man would use a spear over a mace, axe, sword. Especially if there is no cavalry to deal with.
    Sorry, I just can't call it anything other than BS

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

The advantage of the spear is its length and in keeping the enemy away from you, so yes there are people who would opt to use a spear.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

klesh's Avatar Senator

I was very disappointed to see the apparent 2-DLC exclusivity has been extended. It's extremely off-putting. I have never played a game before in my life where someone's purchase is valued more than anyone elses. So I've been been watching a dude's play through on youtube and have no real desire to actually buy the DLC myself once they grace me with the privilege of being able to purchase. I waited on Dawguard and Hearthfire and bought them on Steam for a huge discount but I have yet to play them because whenever I fire up the game I find the Skyrim luster to have worn off and I just can't be arsed to dump hours and hours into it anymore.

Bethesda has really managed to turn me, a new player of the Elder Scrolls series, off with the way they conduct business.