Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New DLC : Dragonborn

Default Re: New DLC : Dragonborn

It's official Dragonborn is coming "Early 2013" when no one has any money left.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I will because I've set it aside already

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

lol, treating your loyal PC fans as second-rate clients again...so smart, Beth

anyway, it seems the spears won't be in
    http://www.slashgear.com/major-skyri...-out-03259284/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We heard that spears will be added in Dragonborn, but sadly, it seems that players can’t actually use them, as they’re added to the inventory as arrows when you loot them from enemies.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Noooo

I was so looking forward to spears!

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

Well, that sucks. When do you think it will be out for PC users? Next month?

Something so straightforward to add in.

With modders, I'm struggling to see the reason to buy the DLC, when they can't even bother to add in something so relatively simple.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

In addition to the spears, dragons are not fully controllable (you are able to ride them and designate targets to attack, but not control in which direction they move). However, before anyone throws a tantrum over this peripheral detail, I would like to remind that poster of the fact that no one was seriously expecting us to be able to liberally control the dragons. If that had been the case, they would have had to redesign the way the map loads, because riding fast over Skyrim would overload the game, and in addition to that there would have been some form of impossibility in dealing with how cities are projected in the game (e.g. as instances).

And as the reviewers have said, the content is in the island itself. The dragonriding stuff is merely just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Common , what do people have against spears , and again the PC players the one thing that makes Bethesda successful are treated like ...

This is a ing SPEAR in my heart .

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

What, they add crossbows, but can't be bothered with spears? Suck BS Beth
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I haven't spent any money on DLC from Bethesda.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

All I have to say is YOU Bethesda!

I swear they really know how to piss off their PC and PS3 fanbase and they troll us with adding stuff to the game like werebears but you can't become one or tiny spears that can only be used as arrows! arrows!!!!! Those dicks knew that both of those features were highly requested and they dangle it in our face.

Why they cant just put spears in.... damn

Centenarius

I hope that someone will make a werebear transformation mod. So if these 'spears' are like arrows they can be used a as ammo for bows? I can't think of a bow firing spears. Has anyone found a picuture of a werebear?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

There is already a ing werebear in mods . I'm not sure can you transfer into one though .

Indeed the spears as arrows where pretty annoying ... they have them ready since the first game jam video they did , tough someone pointed out that they would have liked to introduce a whole new perk tree for them , and people would have got pissed off if they wouln't be able to reset the perks to get that one so they introduced the new reset per feature in dragonborn and perhaps spears will come inthe next ... despite this is a totally unofficial comment rumor , someone may argue that they coul dhave released both at the same time , perk reset and new spear perk tree ... it wouln't have hurt I guess .. anyway .. rumors are rumore .. I hope they will implement spears as free update ... so that mods won't need to depend on another DLC to use them ...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

So before playing db, i'm building a new character including adoptions and marriage. To anyone who's played the new dlc is there any new marriage or adoptions options added ?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Well, apparently they gave the Rieklings spears and javelins (?).

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Maybe this will draw some rage, but am I the only one here that thinks spears are boring and don't care about them?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't like spears, but I still think they shouldn't be left out of a game like Skyrim
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Maybe this will draw some rage, but am I the only one here that thinks spears are boring and don't care about them?
    Before they added mounted combat I'd agree about spears. However, since they've gone and added that already spears would've been a tremendous reason to fight with an otherwise negligible mechanic.(Well, either that or first-person view on horseback.)
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I