Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New DLC : Dragonborn

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: New DLC : Dragonborn

You would if you wanna steal that armour.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

I like most of the design of that armour, though I think the helmet and especially the region of plating just above the mouth look a bit too modern in art direction. I think two round holes instead of a straight horizontal gap for vision and more of a natural beak of sorts at the lower end of the helmet's front would have looked better.

I am shuddering at the thought of wanting to mod this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Dunmer are waaay more advanced than piny Nords

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I would like him more hadn't he been Hlaalu

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

wonder if there are any ordinators and high ordinators, would be lovely to have the high ordinator armour, better than daedric ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus of Byzantium View Post
    Currently DLC so far, except for Heathfire, for Skyrim is better than most I see being released for games nowadays (e.g. Fable 3, Mass Effect 2 & 3, Empire Total War, Shogun 2). That's my opinion of it though. Unfortunately you will see as time passes on that expansion packs will disappear entirely, though nowadays I don't really see any sort of expansions, replaced by DLC due to economic benefits for the developer and publisher. Such are the changing times
    Coming from Throne of Bhaal and Heart of Winter type expansions I cannot even play DLC sidequests. Its hardly any content at all to convince me to drop what i'm currently playing to go play a 15 minute DLC.

Mods add more to games than these $5-$15 dlc do.

I am disappointed. I guess I can wait for a great skyrim mod.

DLC can be an expansion. It can have that content, but they just choose not to do it that way.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Coming from Throne of Bhaal and Heart of Winter type expansions I cannot even play DLC sidequests. Its hardly any content at all to convince me to drop what i'm currently playing to go play a 15 minute DLC.

Mods add more to games than these $5-$15 dlc do.

I am disappointed. I guess I can wait for a great skyrim mod.

DLC can be an expansion. It can have that content, but they just choose not to do it that way.
    I mean when you divide your dollars spent per hour added the DLC is likely nowhere close to skyrims base game, so people think it is a ripoff. But that is only because they spend so much time with skyrim to start with. But when you compare the DLC to other full games it becomes much more appealing.

Also people do the same things over and over with multiple characters in skyrim and add all those together for their hour total, when counting the DLC they only count a single run.

I don't feel ripped off with dawnguard at all and thought it was great, you might not feel like it is worth 20 bucks and that is a valid opinion, but if it drops to 10 during the steam sale this winter you are doing yourself a disservice not getting it.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

*minor temper tantrum because the bonemold armor doesn't look stony enough*
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

DDWingate's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    *minor temper tantrum because the bonemold armor doesn't look stony enough*
    Only a Skyrim player...

You know, this guy is trying to kill Dragons. I don't see what the big deal is. I say let him.

Maybe I'll let that be my excuse not to spend $20.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    You know, this guy is trying to kill Dragons. I don't see what the big deal is. I say let him.

There can be only one!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

"The world is too small to house the both of us"

Or that's just an excuse for throwing spears while riding pigs.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Now, if they had a Steam special and Dawnguard + Dragonborn was like say $10 than maybe I would consider.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Now, if they had a Steam special and Dawnguard + Dragonborn was like say $10 than maybe I would consider.
    I'm somewhat vainly hoping for a Steam sale on Skyrim DLC but as an earlier poster mentioned, just because the DLC is short compared to the main game, doesn't mean that it is a bad DLC, or even overpriced.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Um it's on sale right now. Dawnguard 10 dollars is today's sale.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Icon13 Re: New DLC : Dragonborn

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Um it's on sale right now. Dawnguard 10 dollars is today's sale.
    I bought it the instant I found out.

I do hope Bethesda stops being so secretive just this once for Dragonborn. The holiday season is here and I'm already buying gifts and items in advance for Christmas. If there is no announcement soon I guess we can assume that it is another 30 day exclusive which in that case many would be cash strapped when the release comes in January.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

1:01-1:02 on the trailer on the post.

Is that an Accended Sleeper and a couple of Ash Slaves?
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    1:01-1:02 on the trailer on the post.

Is that an Accended Sleeper and a couple of Ash Slaves?
    Ash slave is now Ash Spawn as leaked by some testers but ya you're right but Ascended Sleeper no. That creature is probably some sort of Daedra that resides in Hermaeus Mora's realm of Oblivion.