Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New DLC : Dragonborn

Default Re: New DLC : Dragonborn

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdytavern View Post
    I have been playing Dragonborn for about 15 hrs so far and I have to admit that it is really good so far. The island of Solstiem is about the same size roughly as Shivering isles and is packed with more content.
    The new shouts are really good. I like the new armors and weapons as they aren't overpowered and look really good.

I encountered a game breaking glitch which forced me to start the whole Solestiem questline from the beginning. I know this has been said many times before but I highly recommend having a save file before you start the quest.
    Good news, specially after Dawnguard which I hear was disappointing.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

dawnguard was not worth its money........at all, only good thing about it was it gave you an interesting follower......lucky i bought it at 75% off during the holidays

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought Dawnguard was worth it. Plenty of fun to be had in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

FFS Besheda. Way to treat your fans.

Dawnguard was 'Kay.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Dawnguard was ok, worth the money but don't expect amazing worth it for the mods though.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I liked it. I had some fun moments, but Serana could've been better.

We are in a cave.
    "
    I've spent more than my fair share in caves already, but I'll follow you."

So I leave the cave. She follows.
    "
    IT'D BE NICE TO GET OUT OF THE SUN FOR A WHILE"

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well imho Dawnguard was very weak. The story was bad, almost as bad as the Thieves Guild questline. I played through it once and will have it disabled on my future playthroughs. Not worth more than 5 €.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Well imho Dawnguard was very weak. The story was bad, almost as bad as the Thieves Guild questline. I played through it once and will have it disabled on my future playthroughs. Not worth more than 5 €.
    I don't it was that bad the content added was nice with the new vampires and the weapons plus it added content for modders to add-on which is always a plus. With regards to the thieves guild I didn't find it terrible as you make it because ultimately it's not a guild quest but a daedric one which considering how short the other daedric ones are it was very nice payoff.

The problem with Thieves Guild is not that it doesn't involve any actual thieving and that it is, as you said, basically a daedric questline. No, the problem is that the story makes no sense.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14425

This is a must read for all who enjoyed the plot of the Thieves guild.

Dawnguard is not much better. "I am a vampire hunter and I just found a vampire carrying an Elder Scroll. I'll take her to a castle of vampires. The vampire lord banned me from his castle. I'll take my vampire friend to a castle of vampire hunters. These vampire hunters kill all vampires on sight. They let my vampire friend in and now she will help them kill her own father. After my vampire friend found a portal, which her father, the vampire lord, was trying to find all his life, in her father's own castle and after a while killed her father, she joined the vampire hunters while remaining a vampire." I'm sorry but this is retarded.

edit: And yes, I hate the fact that they named the leader of the thieves guild after me.
    Last edited by Gallus; January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

honestly, this is insulting.
    Years of support of Beth from the PC users and all we have is 'early 2013' for the DLC release. Their PR has always been weak, but this is just ridiculous.
    No word, nothing from them. If they wanna sleep with Microsoft, fine, let them. But I'd have liked to see the Skyrim sales by platform first...
    Last edited by Beregond; January 17, 2013 at 06:15 AM.

Centenarius

The funny thing is that they have to use a pc to create a DLC so, in theory it is already done, but they prefer to release it for the xbox just for commercial things i think
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    The funny thing is that they have to use a pc to create a DLC so, in theory it is already done, but they prefer to release it for the xbox just for commercial things i think
    Which is weird in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    honestly, this is insulting.
    Years of support of Beth from the PC users and all we have is 'early 2013' for the DLC release. Their PR has always been weak, but this is just ridiculous.
    No word, nothing from them. If they wanna sleep with Microsoft, fine, let them. But I'd have liked to see the Skyrim sales by platform first...
    But that makes no sense either because Microsoft is PC anyway why not just have them both exclusive to the two systems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    The problem with Thieves Guild is not that it doesn't involve any actual thieving and that it is, as you said, basically a daedric questline. No, the problem is that the story makes no sense.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14425

This is a must read for all who enjoyed the plot of the Thieves guild.

Dawnguard is not much better. "I am a vampire hunter and I just found a vampire carrying an Elder Scroll. I'll take her to a castle of vampires. The vampire lord banned me from his castle. I'll take my vampire friend to a castle of vampire hunters. These vampire hunters kill all vampires on sight. They let my vampire friend in and now she will help them kill her own father. After my vampire friend found a portal, which her father, the vampire lord, was trying to find all his life, in her father's own castle and after a while killed her father, she joined the vampire hunters while remaining a vampire." I'm sorry but this is retarded.

edit: And yes, I hate the fact that they named the leader of the thieves guild after me.
    Ok honestly I laughed hard at the link, it's true that I knew all of that stuff already but maybe the reason I enjoyed it is that the mostly bottom line stories of elderscrolls series will never be top A+ stories that I get into like most of biowares stories are. I mean some people have tried fixing this issue as I have seen several fixes made for the Dark Brotherhood questline which aren't bad but ultimately you have to take them at face value. On a sidenote Bethesda have always been more about the back lore of the gameworld then the stories in-game of which is one of the reasons why I like the thieves guild questline.

Yeah I don't expect A+ stories in games like Skyrim either. All I want are stories that make sense. I mean I enjoyed the main quest, dark brotherhood, even the College. The Companions I thought were so-so, but there is a mod that fixes them and makes them the best faction in Skyrim (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22650). But Dawnguard and Thieves Guild are an insult to player's intelligence imho. BTW which mod fixes DB?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    But that makes no sense either because Microsoft is PC anyway why not just have them both exclusive to the two systems?
    No it's not. On the Xbox Microsoft gets a cut for every copy sold (5-10 dollars/euros iirc), and has a direct, and very large, influence of the game's development and technical support. On the PC they get nothing and can't influence diddly squat.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Skyrim Sales Statistics
    Skyrim units sold in the first 48 hours3.5 million
    Skyrim units sold in the first week release7 million
    Skyrim sales in the first week of release$450 million
    Total Skyrim units sold10 million
    Total Skyrim sales$620 million
    Average user review rating92 / 100
    Highest number of concurrent players on Steam280,000
    Skryim Sales By Platform
    XBox 360 59 %
    Playstation 3 27 %
    PC14 %

xbox 360 has the fast majority of sales so...
    Last edited by Rowdytavern; January 17, 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Skyrim Sales Statistics
    Skryim Sales By Platform
    XBox 360 59 %
    Playstation 3 27 %
    PC14 %

The percentages for PC are most of the time if not always wrong.

Knight_of_Ni's Avatar Centenarius
    Wouldn't YOU like to know? No, really, I'm lonely.

Not to mention that adds up to more than 100%...

But really though, I am starting to get upset with them. It's been what, nearly a month and a half now? This is a little ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    ...Though I'm still trying to figure out how a show that dives down into the subjects of genocide and racism ... landed next to Spongebob.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_of_Ni View Post
    Not to mention that adds up to more than 100%...

But really though, I am starting to get upset with them. It's been what, nearly a month and a half now? This is a little ridiculous.
    lol So it does.

Anyhow, now that I've played Dragonborn all the way through and done most of the side quests I can say that of all the dlc I've ever paid for, this one is by far the best. For the price you get more content than most 'full' games. Some of the quests are really good and some of the boss fights were really tough. My destruction mage who makes use of enchanting and alchemy to make fortify destruction potions that do 350% more damage had some trouble playing on master which made the whole experience more fun. I lol at the people who say that destruction is under powered.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Any good followers in solsteim? I'll bring only vilja I think

Skyrim Sales Statistics
    Skryim Sales By Platform
    XBox 360 59 %
    Playstation 3 27 %
    PC14 %

Those are only sales of physical copies though. 80% of PC users bought Skyrim on Steam...