Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New DLC : Dragonborn

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: New DLC : Dragonborn

Actually, I read somewhere that Hearthfire didn't count as a DLC, merely a conent pack, and that Dragonborn is the official second DLC. Which means the next DLC will come on PC the same time as xBox, but probably never on PS
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Actually, I read somewhere that Hearthfire didn't count as a DLC, merely a conent pack, and that Dragonborn is the official second DLC.
    Yes, you're correct. A TES modder found that dragonborn was marked as DLC2 in the latest patch files.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Actually, I read somewhere that Hearthfire didn't count as a DLC, merely a conent pack
    What's the "C" in DLC stand for?
    Is there a new term DLCP for small DLCs?

It's semantics really. Doesn't change the fact that its very lame to discriminate against your paying customers, or be unable to produce content on 1/3 of the systems running your game in the case of the PS3. It just turns me off.

Supposedly it's delayed due to technical issues.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Actually, I read somewhere that Hearthfire didn't count as a DLC, merely a conent pack, and that Dragonborn is the official second DLC. Which means the next DLC will come on PC the same time as xBox, but probably never on PS
    That leaves the question as to why hearthfire was delayed for 30 days

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    That leaves the question as to why hearthfire was delayed for 30 days
    Because Microsoft paid more money (and Bethesda games seem to have more errors on PS3 than xbox 360 = Microsoft paid more)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Because Microsoft paid more money (and Bethesda games seem to have more errors on PS3 than xbox 360 = Microsoft paid more)
    Bethesda games have more errors on ps3 because it doesn't have enough ram
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Yeah the reason nothing is getting released on PS3 is because it has absolutely horrible hardware on it that could barely take the original Skyrim let alone Skyrim with DLCs, and according to the developers it also has to be coded in Japanese due to the way Sony designed it.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Ironically Microsoft is trying to compete with their own operating system here.

I hate to say this but, seeing as how Microsoft would love to promote and try to make Windows 8 more popular, maybe they could allow 8 users to access the DLC without the annoying and uneeded 30 days exclusivity?

I'm not saying that because I have windows 8, but showing how flawed Microsoft really is by competing against themselves and failing to take the initiative.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

That is not an option. Even if, hypothetically, Microsoft had any form of control over the PC gaming market, which it does not (thankfully), and it could coerce Bethesda into doing it, a move like that would spell PR doom for both companies and affect not only DLC sales but all of Bethesda's future games.
    Favoring a platform over the other is one thing, favoring a small percentage of your paying customers over the others is another. The ME 3 ending rage wave that hit Bioware would be small scale by comparison.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; January 03, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's a conspiracy!

I personally think consoles hold back the gaming industry though. Computers have access to better graphics, easier controls, better processors etc. Plus, when you want a new game and your computer can't really run it properly you don't always need to get a completely new machine, you can upgrade those specific parts that need upgrading and continue gaming on it a couple of years before upgrading again.

Oh, and you can do multiple things while on the computer. I'm usually chatting, gaming, modding and browsing TWC at the same time when I've got my computer on. Double monitors FTW!
    Last edited by Mhaedros; January 03, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"consoles hold back the gaming industry though" True but they exist because we, the older generation with brains isnt the majority of players. Now adays it is spoiled fat kids who rules the market.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

I feel really sorry for anyone who bought Skyrim on PS3 lol. Especially those Sony fanboys who kept bragging and posting this video before the game's release.

I was never too bothered by the exclusivity, but maybe because I don't really keep a close eye on the DLCs and their release dates, even though I'm pretty excited for Dragonborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    they exist because we, the older generation with brains isnt the majority of players
    lol
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

The grammar is what really makes that sentence shine for me.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

So is this thing worth the 20 dollars or what? Seems like alot to pay for a dlc...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

When does this come out for PC?

I have been playing Dragonborn for about 15 hrs so far and I have to admit that it is really good so far. The island of Solstiem is about the same size roughly as Shivering isles and is packed with more content.
    The new shouts are really good. I like the new armors and weapons as they aren't overpowered and look really good.

I encountered a game breaking glitch which forced me to start the whole Solestiem questline from the beginning. I know this has been said many times before but I highly recommend having a save file before you start the quest.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    When does this come out for PC?
    I have no idea. The one month exclusive should be done by now..

Soon, I hope.

ElfCommander's Avatar Civis

It's weird that Bethesda hasn't given a releasedate for the PC (and PS3) yet. I'm really looking forward to Dragonborn.

I liked the time companies pushed gamers to use a pc by releasing DLC's for the PC first (or free!)