Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1516

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [New Version Set for Sunday 12/05/13 Release]

Download Winrar. Right click on the archive (Fire and blood o.8) and click extract files and chose medieval 2/mods.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [New Version Set for Sunday 12/05/13 Release]

Basically i have a problem any settlements in the north makes my game crash when i double click them (besides the bolton settlements they're fine) but all the other settlements make my game crash any fixes?

Starting a Custom Battle before loading your Campaign seems to fix the CTDs for whatever reason. I do it every time before i start recording, just to be on the safe side.

Speaking of settlements in The North. I've experienced a problem with Bear Keep where i can not assault it with my army, for example i send my fleets around to set up another beachhead in The North as apart of my Northern Invasion yet i need to bypass/ignore Bear Keep due to being unable to assault it with my army, you just get the huge red X when moving the cursor over the location. Not sure if this has already been reported, if its already known or if its just my problem.

Thanks Soul it worked

and i've been enjoying your videos a lot lately started watching them 2 - 3 weeks ago randomly finding them great videos man keep up the good job

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Starting a Custom Battle before loading your Campaign seems to fix the CTDs for whatever reason. I do it every time before i start recording, just to be on the safe side.

Speaking of settlements in The North. I've experienced a problem with Bear Keep where i can not assault it with my army, for example i send my fleets around to set up another beachhead in The North as apart of my Northern Invasion yet i need to bypass/ignore Bear Keep due to being unable to assault it with my army, you just get the huge red X when moving the cursor over the location. Not sure if this has already been reported, if its already known or if its just my problem.
    Your not alone mate I founded that bug to while playing as grey joy.
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

No idea why that is happening with bear keep. I blame Korpskog and his use of geomod for that ;-)

I believe there is a forest stuck inside Bear Keep maybe thats why we can't move into Bear Keep and take it over?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post

Work in Progress: 'Fire and Blood' - An 'Alternative Universe' Standalone Version of Westeros: Total War

VERY RELATED

Version 0.78 Video Preview courtesy of MrTheGrimex1

Version 0.71 Video Preview courtesy of SoulGamesInc

Backstory:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The year is 297AL and the Seven Kingdoms are in strife. The reign of Robert Baratheon has nearly bankrupted the Kingdoms. After the somewhat mysterious death of the previous hand, Lord Arryn, Eddard Stark reigns as Hand of the King while Robert is off hunting. During this time, Eddard slowly discovers the truth behind the true parentage of Joffrey ‘Baratheon’. Tensions emerge between the Lannisters and the Starks, and Catelyn Stark’s seizure of Tyrion Lannister, ‘the Imp’ almost brings the factions to blows.

With Robert away, Eddard Stark is attacked in the streets of King’s Landing. With Northern blood having been spilled, the Lannisters and Starks begin to move towards an endgame when out of the blue, a rider from the Stormlands arrives at the gates of King’s Landing, bearing news that ships bearing Dragon banners sail across the Narrow Sea, bound for the remote Island of Tarth.
    Will Lord Stark reveal the truth behind Joffrey’s parentage to Robert, or will he remain silent for the good of the realm? Will Tywin Lannister curb his daughter’s machinations, or will he seek to elevate House Lannister’s already dominant position?

Stannis Baratheon has long suspected foul play in Jon Arryn’s murder, and has retired to his meagre holdings around Dragonstone. As Robert’s Master of Ships he has the only fleet that has a chance of deterring a Targaryen naval assault. Will Stannis sail to meet the foe, or bide this time and gather his forces?

As for the other factions of the realm – who will they choose to side with? The Lords of Dorne and the Reach previously chose to side with the Targaryens during Robert’s Rebellion, while the Riverlands and the Vale were divided. Will their current lords call their banners in support of the dragon? Or will their levies drive the Targaryens back into the sea once and for all?

As for House Greyjoy, the Ironborn remained neutral during Robert's Rebellion yet none have forgotten the blood that was spilled during Balon Greyjoy's failed rebellion. Will this bad blood lead the Lord Reaper of Pyke to declare for the Targeryens? Or will he seize the opportunity to declare for independence?

Summary:

Built on the enhanced 0.53 modification (+ a few other mini-submods) and with certain Targ details borrowed from the Blackfyre Rebellion, this submod presents a 'what if' scenario: Westeros is on the bring of war as plans are hatched and swords drawn in the shadows of King's Landing, yet a powerful threat sails from across the Narrow Sea. Will the great houses of Westeros continue in their spiral towards war, or will they unite against a common foe?

This submod takes place at time just before King Robert Baratheon's hunting accident. Word reaches King's Landing that ships have been seen crossing the Narrow Sea, bound for Tarth. Will the powers of Westeros unite to face this threat? Or will loyalties be strained as old alliances are re-born?

Features:
    - Improvements on the Enhanced 0.53 Submod
    - New artwork (Courtesy various sources - no ownership implied)
    - 7 New Factions (House Targaryen, House Frey, House Bolton, House Hightower, House Redwyne, House Yronwood, House Darry) with skins courtesy of the Blackfyre Submod and A Kingdom of Rivers and Hills (Thanks to Dux!)
    - A dozen or so new units
    - New Skins for many factions (Thanks to Prophet)
    - Multiple New Characters
    - New Ancillaries
    - New 'Declarations' System to encourage the AI to take action
    - Isle of Diplomats for all major factions (Sadly there is no room for Frey or Bolton, but they have princesses)
    - Unit balancing - Cavalry now fight properly in auto-resolve battles!
    - Other minor changes

A bit bit of advice for all players - Check out the map using the 'toggle_fow' command to see what is new, where certain characters are.

Most factions have at least two diplomats or princesses on the map - a few had to be cut at last minute but they are either on the 'Isle of Diplomats' off the coast of Dorne, or around King's Landing.

• KorpsKog - For assisting with settlement creation, positioning, and research - among other things
    • Prophet1331 - For providing skins, lovely new maps, suggestions, and other areas of input
    • Dux and the KORAH Team - For letting me use some of their materials, and their inspiration
    • Buttswag - For the symbols
    • WithnRar, Gigantus, and Vegas_Bear for their support in scripting questions.
    • ComradeH - Research and faction descriptions
    • SoulGamesInc - For the publicity video
    • Uriyaca for settlement suggestions
    • Inarus for the Logo
    • Jemdkyl, Stefan1921, Megells, and Hackera96 for their help with text editing!
    • ... and the other members of the community who have provided feedback, suggestions, and other bits and bobs that have helped the mod progress
    • Those in the FireAndBlood Hotseat, for giving the mod a go!

Installation Instructions:

1) UnRar to Mods/Westeros
    2) Double-Click the shortcut.
    3) Enjoy!

If you want a game with strong alliances, go with 'easy' or 'medium' - If you want a game with lots of backstabbing and total war, go for 'very hard'

This is a beta version - there is still a lot to be done!

DOWNLOAD
    FireAndBlood_0.8.rar (623.0 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!UVNi1KrK!Cspn4X...5eqJZlLNrG7ejs
    Screenshots:

Screenies of a battle in Fire and Blood 0.7 (Dev version) showing new units and skins

Baratheon Men-At-Arms - A Light Infantry Unit (Two or Three armour Levels depending on faction)

Targ Men-At-Arms (Interspersed with Normal Armoured Spear-men)

Riverland and Reach AOR Lower-Tier Heavy Infantry (Cheaper but weaker than Armoured Swordsmen, better than the new Men-at-Arms)

A Targaryen battle line

Crownlanders - AoR Unit

Targ General

Axemen: Recruitable for all factions:

Guards of the Red Keep - Currently Robert Only

Archers of the Redkeep - Currently Robert Only

Guards of Oldtown- Recruited from Oldtown itself

Is there a Game of Thrones version with this bigger continent? A version based on the TV-series but with all the houses like in this version?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Temporarily unavailable?

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Ew. Game of Thrones. Get out.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

Is there any other download link? Mega.co works too slow and my internet is pretty fast.

I really want to download this mod, but the download provided is too dang slow... It said the estimated time would take over 10 hours! Does anyone know if there is a different site that is much faster? I know its not my computer, because it is usually super fast with downloads.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and first time poster. I just had to finally join because I finally downloaded the Westeros mod as well as this one(Fire and Blood), and had to say, Badger, you did an amazing job! I love playing this so much. I can't wait for the finale release. I have played Third Age total war for a long time and alway wanted to download the WTW mod... Damn, I'm glad I did.

Anyway, Been killing it hard with my beautiful Greyjoy fleet.

And to the people saying it is taking to long to download???? It only took me 7 min to download, so I wonder what the issue is.

Once again, Badger, and to all the others that helped or contributed to this mod with the other mods or what ever, you guys are BAD ING ASS!!!!!!!

Take care,
    Austee

Thanks very much for the kind words :-) Enjoy

Badger, can we expect a patch for Fire and Blood anytime soon to add the missing content that was mentioned a few pages back?

I'm having problems on trying to "declare" who I want to support. I can't find it anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor1080 View Post
    I'm having problems on trying to "declare" who I want to support. I can't find it anywhere!
    The "declare" script is for the AI. You have to send a diplomat to whoever your going to make an alliance with, and then make an alliance with them.

I've run into a problem installing this mod. I think I installed it correctly, I can browse through the menu, but when I click the start campaign button it crashes. I apologise if this has been mentioned already, but there are 58 pages to search through.

Were did you install the mod to?
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I have a problem with v0.8. Im playing as the Redwynes, I attack Starfall, I battle it through myself, then I attack a force of Martells with the aid of a Hightower army that came to help, and right after the loading screen completes, it crashes. I've tried that load a custom game before the campaign, but it didnt work. A corrupted download maybe? Any ideas what to do?