Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [NEW VERSION 0.6 BETA RELEASED 12/12/2012]

Just downloaded the game but can't get the campaign to start. I've downloaded it to my mod folder in steam and replaced the folder name to teutonic (the only way any other mods work on my mod launcher). It starts up fine but when I click on start campaign and then select a faction, it crashes with no errors and just shuts down MTW2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [NEW VERSION 0.6 BETA RELEASED 12/12/2012]

I'm having a problem when i download. how do i start the game(i only see a data and costum folder)

Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    I'm having a problem when i download. how do i start the game(i only see a data and costum folder)
    To launch the mod you need to click on the batch file found in the mod file itself, it should be called something along the lines of "FireAndBlood06" taking up 1KB and have an icon that looks like a cog. (It's the only batch file in the folder and should be easy to find)

Simply click on that and the mod will launch, asuming you have installed it right.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

There are no KORAH units in the submod, but there will be new units in later versions. Honestly, they are quite a low priority for me now but I know Prophet is putting work into them :-)

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Speaking of me...

Here are some of the units in question:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Ah, you beat me to it Prophet

New units look fantastic. I am in the process of adding them into the main campaign.

If I Have another Westeros sub mod I need to uninstall that right and them install this ?

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Nope
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Nope. This is installed as a COMPLETELY separate mod in your medieval 2 folder. It does not even need the original 0.53 alpha!

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Was there supposed to be a more finished version released around Christmas?

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

This is my first post ever on twcenter....
    That said, have you considered having the minor houses start as vassals to the great houses?
    I just finished my first few rounds on your mod and loved it. Huge fan of the King of river and hills mod.
    Like House bolton and umber paying the stark faction part of its income, so you could play that faction and/or rebel against your great house and pledge to another? Like boltons with lannisters or frey with lannister for example.

This idea might take up all the faction slots quickly though.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

First off, Welcome!

Sadly factions cannot start out with vassals. It is just an engine limitation. I cant say if having a tribute would work as I am not a modder but it is what we use for hotseats. In the most recent hotseat of FaB there is a rule that Hightower must pay several thousand dragons to Tyrell although this might just be for balancing issues.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

I noticed alot of generals and family members where missing the loyaltystarter 1 trait btw

Hi Badger! I would vote for option 1, I think this will work better. I'm afraid the randomness you create by letting settlements declare for Targaryen becomes frustrating when you loose the settlements or characters that you like to the Targaryens.

Karazor's Avatar Miles

yup option one gotta agree with the Red Viper

ive been looking into the features of the game.

i think if you have turn 1 automated for al houses and then start on turn 2 so you can have vassals to start. but i will have to be careful as you can not alter certain files just seeing if its possible to do i will have a play/

tonight i will be releasing a more realistic version of this..

more starting units money more factions target specfic factions making a lore experiencce. for example the targs now attack all of griffins roost storm end dragonstone etc, but will also have more units on the main land etc to simulate an actual crossing ( when the golden company travelled they where all over the place i no it was coming up to winter but means they are more likely to expand you may have to re-install patch ( as i havent even had time to install it yet.)

but seeing if i can code somthing first and check the legal side before i do something stupid and get myself banned

e
    Last edited by mortem et gloria; December 27, 2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: duplicate post mod remove please

So you are planning on releasing a sub-sub-submod of my submod, which is a semi-submod of a mod? :-p

Anyway, here is a preview of what I have added so far since the 0.6 release -

- Targaryen mainland forces - with potential 'random' generation script as detailed above.
    - Unit Balancing
    - Half a Dozen New Units - Previews to Follow
    - More Settlements - Likely 6-12.
    - Improved Faction AI
    - Faction Re-Balancing (Hightower, Redwyne, Tully, and Tyrell main changes)

Also, I have a couple of potential new factions in the works - But they will be emergent factions

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Was there supposed to be a more finished version released around Christmas?
    There was, 0.6

I am not going to rush another release now that people have only just downloaded 0.6.

0.7 is my current internal build version, so I am working on balancing, adding new units, new settlements, and possibly new factions too.

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

As for the houses who will (or will have a chance of declaring for the Targs) - It is likely to be a similar list to the one ComradeH posted previously. I have removed a few.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeH View Post

Houses from The Vale
    - House Grafton of Gulltown

Houses from the Riverlands
    -House Goodbrook (Lands/Keep not mentioned)
    -House Mooton of Maidenpool
    -House Ryger of Willow Wood

Houses from the Crownlands
    -House Targaryan (It is stated that all the houses of the Crownlands did in fact respond in supporting the Targaryan dynasty)

Houses from the Stormlands
    -House Grandison of Grandview
    -House Cafferen of Fawnton
    -House Fell of Fellwood
    -House Connington of Griffins Roost
    The crownlanders will likely be represented on Crackclaw Point, where it was somewhere mentioned that the men were very loyal to the Targ's.

As mentioned previously, I really want to bring the 'civil war' feel to Westeros.