Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [SUBMOD for 0.53] Fire and Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    You can use the Targaryen icons and unitskins from the Blackfyre submod, the skins are from prophet and free to use and I believe the icons and stratmodels are from Noobas, also free to use.

I think you should wait with a release until you have a solid version, no need to rush things.
    All of those things have been implemented successfully. In fact, other than a little housekeeping (replacing names etc) and a little scripting, all is ready to go. Not bad for only three days of work!

So will the Baratheon brothers be one faction?
    See above. It really depends on the community's vote.

I wanted to tailor this more towards the submod community, to allow RP to push the story forward, rather than scripting. I felt basing this AFTER Robert's death but before the outbreak of war would keep the most options open.

If we want a 'united' House Baratheon, the best way of keeping all options open would be to start the game with Renly, Stannis, and Lannister-Baratheon in a strong alliance until Robert's death. At that point, Stannis and Renly can choose to declare themselves.

For gameplay reasons, I would like to avoid a single Baratheon faction encompassing the Crownlands, Dragonstone, and the entire Stormlands. I'd rather keep options open for the players.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    All of those things have been implemented successfully. In fact, other than a little housekeeping (replacing names etc) and a little scripting, all is ready to go. Not bad for only three days of work!

See above. It really depends on the community's vote.

If we want a 'united' House Baratheon, the best way of keeping all options open would be to start the game with Renly, Stannis, and Lannister-Baratheon in a strong alliance until Robert's death. At that point, Stannis and Renly can choose to declare themselves.

For gameplay reasons, I would like to avoid a single Baratheon faction encompassing the Crownlands, Dragonstone, and the entire Stormlands. I'd rather keep options open for the players.
    I like it.

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

In response to your post, I wasn't saying yuck to the submod, I really love the idea. It was in regards to the Dragon idea, I think they make the game look somewhat unpolished having played that campaign myself.

Ahh okay, my mistake. I cannot same I am fully familiar with that mod

If people are interested, I could release an alpha version this evening?

I would love you forever my friend.

yes release alpha i really want to see that mod

please*

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 05/11/12]

Version 0.1 is released! I'd love to hear some feedback! Especially from the submod community - the lack of scripting means that PvP might be more enjoyable than PvAi

Really excited, just started downloading it, can't wait to try, and hope it works lol!

Looks very cool so far, still deciding which faction to play

Feedback: Targaryen armoured Swordsmen are the silver-white color that Stannis men-at-arms are in Vanilla Alpha. Aside from that, very cool. I really do support the idea of three separate Baratheon faction's because that is the most lore accurate I think. Great submod, and yeah this is just an alpha, but it's really kickass.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Will try the alpha when I get home, hope it will work because original enhanced doesn't work (try using young bloods, will fix that)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerold Dayne View Post
    Feedback: Targaryen armoured Swordsmen are the silver-white color that Stannis men-at-arms are in Vanilla Alpha. Aside from that, very cool. I really do support the idea of three separate Baratheon faction's because that is the most lore accurate I think. Great submod, and yeah this is just an alpha, but it's really kickass.
    Are you certain? I have just fired up my version (identical to the one I uploaded) and they look fine... The shields of the Armoured Swordsmen and their shields (also the GB and Feudal Knights) will be incorrect (I had a small bug with shields that will be corrected in the next patch) but otherwise it appears fine to me.

If you open up 'Custom Battle' and click 'Load Saved Battle' there should be an option for 'Targ Skin Test'. If you play that battle it should show all the available units (except archers) and their armoured and armoured skins?

On the left is the normal version, the right is the upgraded version (Note the incorrect shields... That will be sorted in the next version)

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Will try the alpha when I get home, hope it will work because original enhanced doesn't work (try using young bloods, will fix that)
    I have no idea why Youngbloods would work but 0.53 would not. But this is a separate install entirely. You do not need to overwrite mods/westeros or anything

Also, here are a few more screenies

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

King's Landing is a rather busy place...

Dothraki Horselords

Let me know how your games progress! I found that the Targ Ai was rather stupid, and let Stannis take tarth (and annihilate the faction) in the first few turns.

The Targ player begins with a VERY large army and treasury. However, their Dothraki allies and Sellsword companies demand payment, and as such the Targ player needs to be on the offensive from turn one. With a very large fleet, the Targ player can strike anywhere in the Seven Kingdoms, if they so choose...

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Cool, I will try this ASAP
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Regarding the shields, we can all just pretebd that they are recaltriant Stormlirds/Crownlanders ir have been looted from the dead.

I am also missing skins for the unarmoured Spearmen etc but that should not be a problem as most castles have blacksmiths etc.

Beware; the Dithraki cannot be replaced so don't waste them. also cavalry only qrmies cannot assault in sieges!

very nice mod, but it will be better if the targaryen king is Aegon

Quote Originally Posted by hackera96 View Post
    very nice mod, but it will be better if the targaryen king is Aegon
    Don't you mean Aegon
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Blackfyre
    ?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi, I tried to download but the site doesn't work... could you perhaps post alternative links from mediafire?

Aegon VI, he is not blackfyre