Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Semisalis

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [New Map preview! - 10/12/12]

I did consider adding Clegane's Keep...
    So it didn't work....
    Ah well, I was hoping I could find a mod where Gregor Clegane would actually have his seat of power, so I could poor all my resources into it and make it the "Mountain's Fortress" or something similar... just a bold and rather irrational idea...

EDIT: Well the Mod looks incredible, hit me up when the hotseating starts, I'd love to play as Stark

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Look at the post right before yours, I added it in the time between our posts - I move quick

Should Kevan remain Tywin's heir in people's opinion? As King'sguard Jaime can TECHNICALLY hold no land...

are there any new units in this sub mod? im tired of swordsman and levy spearmen armies.
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

I got a few questions hahacould you add Ashmark and Castamere? those 2 westerland castles seem to be menioned a bit.
    Are the faction banners and symbols in the new version completely done? I've noticed in this current version, they are half done.
    And are the units skinned aswell?
    No pressure here, just asking hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Look at the post right before yours, I added it in the time between our posts - I move quick

Should Kevan remain Tywin's heir in people's opinion? As King'sguard Jaime can TECHNICALLY hold no land...

I would suggest making Tyrion the heir of Tywin Lannister.

Also, This may be a stupid question but is that update/preview playable? If not darn, if so all i can say is Epic dude keep up the great work.

Looking even better every day mate, already getting requests from my subscribers for playthrough's. They will have to wait for now.

On a side note Badger i may or may not be directing their questions at you on the video, think your the best person to answer them... goodluck with that (Just wanted to let you know from my Subscribers at least, they cant wait to see more.)

Also, this is what I recommend you make the Freys look like on the map, (I've mucked around a bit with the skins and stuff )

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    I got a few questions hahacould you add Ashmark and Castamere? those 2 westerland castles seem to be menioned a bit.
    Are the faction banners and symbols in the new version completely done? I've noticed in this current version, they are half done.
    And are the units skinned aswell?
    No pressure here, just asking hehe
    I am pretty sure Castemere was destroyed brick by brick by Tywin Lannister.... so I don't think that's a good Idea. Ashemark however definetly should be added, since Adam Marbrand is quite an influantial characther in the books, and is mentioned several times.
    Clegane's keep is awesome, Greywater Watch is great as well I got to say I am damn impressed by how quick you added these settlements, usually modders are so damn slow on their work but not you guys

I say you should add Sansa and Arya as princesses, that could be awesome also add Margery as a Tyrell princess who isn't married to Renly Baratheon, since it didn't happen yet. A lot of princesses could be made, in my opinion. I think you really should add Lordsport as well, make Pyke a bit bigger so it could fit. Also, perhaps ask Inarus if you could borrow his custom models of the Eyrie, Storm's End and so on....

Hmm... more settlements that could be added..
    The Vale: Old Anchor, Wickeden, Bloody Gate, Ironoaks
    Westerlands: Cornfield, Starsfield, Feastfires, Deep Den, Ashemark (as I stated before )
    the Reach: Longtable, Grassy vale, Red Lake (all these to House Tyrell) Bandallon (To House Hightower). Also I say give Honeyholt and Uplands to House Tyrell, Hightower is too powerful in my opinion. Even more then Tyrell, since they have Oldtown... which in my opinion is the coolest city in Westeros
    The Iron Islands: Lordsport (as I stated before), Shatterstone, Blacktyde, Synderly. (You will probably have to expand the isles a bit) I think there should be a castle in every isle, although that in some isles there are more then one... but since Greyjoys are probably the weakest house in the seven kingdoms I think only one castle in every isle. I am not sure if all thse 4 settlements should be added... to keep Greyjoys weak in comparison to other houses, I think either add Lordsport or the 3 other castles.
    Dorne: Vaith, Ghaston Grey (to add Ghaston Grey you must expand the very small isle in the Sea of Dorne) Ghost Hill, (all these to House Martell) Blackmont (to House Yronwood). Also, move Kingsgrave to it's correct location, it is supposed to be in the horizantal pass between Yronwood and Skyreach... see pic. Also, I think that Skyreach should be a settlement of House Yronwood.... just my thought's
    the North: Already added a ton of new settlements, I only think you should add Hornwood to House Bolton, as some members said it's a good idea
    Crownlands, Stormlands and Riverlands have already even more settlements then they should have so no need to add any more there.

I also think that all the really really crappy and small castles you added in the Stormlands should be Motte and Baile's. That is also what I think you should make the small settlements I suggested you should add in the Iron Isles - like Synderly and Shatterstone. Blacktyde is a bit bigger, so make it a wooden castle.
    Also, maybe you can add a mechanism so that Houses whom are vessals of a cerain house - (for example Redwyne to House Tyrell) would agree to be vessals of said faction if it is offered to them by a diplomat.
    Last edited by Uriyaca; December 11, 2012 at 06:46 AM.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/e/...f_westeros.jpg That might help, but the thing I would like to see added (albeit having no apparent name) is the fishing village on the stony shore (Look up north on the left of torrhen's square).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Badger already added the Rills as a settlement... so not a good idea
    Also, you can't add a settlement without it's name

Ahhh, alright the rills sounds good then, as long as that area isn't completely empty i'm satisfied.

In a rush, but as a quick reply to this:

I say you should add Sansa and Arya as princesses, that could be awesome also add Margery as a Tyrell princess who isn't married to Renly Baratheon, since it didn't happen yet.
    All three are already in the game. Check the map preview. Arya and Sansa are north of KL, Margaery is next to Highgarden.

I am departing for my cruise on Thursday and thus I have next to no time to work on this now. Likely as not, I will release as-is today or tomorrow.

Maybe Castamere as a really weak castle? Because the Greatjon does pillage it and Rolph Spicer becomes it's new lord after the red wedding

Castamere can be a ruin in game, a'la Harrenhal and Summerhall.

These settlements are still strategic strongpoints, but lack the wealth and the buildings of the other strongholds of Westeros.

If repaired, however, they can be returned to their former glory.

HOWEVER, because of life circumstances (going away for xmas) I am considering releasing the 0.6 build as a public beta tomorrow.

It isn't perfect, but when I return I can hotfix any major issues.

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Release today and I can give you awesome feedback on the beta while your on vacation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Castamere can be a ruin in game, a'la Harrenhal and Summerhall.

These settlements are still strategic strongpoints, but lack the wealth and the buildings of the other strongholds of Westeros.

If repaired, however, they can be returned to their former glory.

HOWEVER, because of life circumstances (going away for xmas) I am considering releasing the 0.6 build as a public beta tomorrow.

It isn't perfect, but when I return I can hotfix any major issues.
    I vote you should wait. No need to rush things up, I would rather wait a few days for a complete game then play a half finished one.

Why should we download a half finished one when 10 days from now we could get a complete one? please just wait with the release.

Or, release the current work you've done and call it version 0.45 , so we can play around with it until you've released the finished one? xP

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I think we should wait until X-mas for the release, there is a lot of work to be done IMO, however it does not hurt to give something to the forum for the support

Uriyaca: All the current settlements under Hightower control are sworn direct to Oldtown and not to the Tyrells, they have been compesated with Horn Hill, Lord Hewetts Town and hopefully some more, since Cleganes Keep was added I se no reason not to add for example Steadfast or Coldmont (from the sworn sword) in the same region!

I love most suggestions, we will try to forfill most of them

For you who suggested colors for Freys, give us the RGB codes so we can apply it!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Semisalis

Badger-dude, I am currently giving rep to alot of random people becuase I have to spread some around before repping you again. THANKS SO MUCH FOR CLEGANE KEEP.
    This will be epic.
    Clegane Keep - new lannister capital for my first go through on this mod.
    Gonna be sweet.

Haha, you will also love the new loading screens then... lots of gregor clegane!

I would like to get some feedback from the 'public' on the changes so far, ESPECIALLY when it comes to balance. My idea is to release a version for people to play around with until after christmas and to give feedback on.

Several people have already played one version or the other.

The mod is solid but is far from finished. There are still tons of settlements to add and things to be tweaked.

Most people are playing either 0.3 or 0.5 (Private beta). I have increased the version number to 0.6 to diffrentiate it from the older versions... Like the build SoulGamesIn used for the video just two days ago which is now out of date.

As I showed with Cleganes Keep, I can move very very fast with adding new things to the game. But often I add so much that I do not have time to beta test it.

If I do release a new version, then I would NOT reccomend using it for hotseats as after I return I will be adding lots mire content - and the ecisting hotseat is slow as it is.

Therefore, nobody is forced to download the 0.6 beta. It is only a 300-400mb file (compressed) and by playing it we can get much better feedback about gameplay than from what I can do by playing half a undread universal hotseat games!