Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

I have been meaning to change the Frey's colour for quite some time now.

What do people propose? I think Blue with white borders.

Could it be possible to add ancillaries for the new settlements?

I would love to have the option to give lordships to my loyal generals especially if I'm playing as the Targaryens and reshaping Westeros.
    It is indeed possible it will only take an hour or so to do. It's on my to-do list (Which, as you probably can see, is still rather long!)

Oh, and maybe you could add something new as well?
    So that as something like every 100 turns or so maybe one or two full army of wildlings (Rebels; the units as scottish highlanders) Could appear near last hearth in the north? It gives some action to the game and I'm always finding myself playing as the Starks.
    If you look further back into the game, I spent a day creating (from scratch - I have not tried the world builder) the wall and the lands beyond. However, with V1.0 featuring this I decided my efforts would look silly in comparison.

A wildling invasion (If the players refuse to send men/money to the wall) is on the cards. However, that will only be after EVERYTHING else has been finalised.

SoulGamesInc has done an excellent little preview piece for the latest version of the submod - Check out the link above and make sure to subscribe if you like his videos!

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [New Map preview! - 10/12/12]

Aye, the default sicily skin does get annoying. Perhaps you could change it to the default russian colour?

Better?

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

What if you did a grey (a little different to starks if possible) with a dark blue outline? That's what I was thinking

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

SoulGamesInc, please write a post here so I can hand you some well deserved rep for making this fine video of our work! Btw, hopefully there will be some more improvements, The Vale and possibly Westerlands and northern Reach!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Your welcome for the map preview, was my honor. hope you all enjoyed it.

*cough* Somebody metioned Rep *cough*

I look forward to seeing my '101 (Or maybe a top ten) ways to kill a Frey' suggestion put into practice ;-)

+Rep

Looks bloody good! And yeah, the wildling invasion was just an idea, but it'd be pretty neat if you could add it, but of course... put that at the bottom of your to-do-list.

Turn 100 is a little extreme

It'd be pretty easy to do if I kept them as rebels. Otherwise I'd need to add a whole other faction - not too difficult....

Alright I see what you mean xP. The original thought was that you'd have an established kingdom and were able and happy to fight, or you'd get surprise wildling zerged whilst you're fighting off down south xP. It's all a challenge but I do see what you mean. Best to do a rivers and hills thing and put them there at the start, hell you could even name the general Mance rayder. The Targaryens have returned, why not have the nights watch crippled and an invasion from the real north?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Map Preview

Well me and KorpsKog have been working constantly on adding new settlements to the game. Together, wee have added dozens of settlements, with new characters wherever possible.

The screenies here are from the latest Dev. Version - Remember it is a Work in Progress

Lovely strat models courtesy of Prophet

Enjoy!
    Badger-Dude, you once again impressed me keep up the good work
    I loveeee all the new settlements. Really add's a lot to the game. Saw Soulgamesinc map preview, just amazing. Every thing is just genious. Loved Barristan Selmy

Adding all these new settlements will be great gameplay wise. Always felt a lot of new settlements could be added, and you made my wishes come true. This should strengthen the weaker factions like Bolton, Yronwood, Darry, Redwyne and Hightower (about Hightower, I think you should pass over some settlements to Tyrell, but still nice).

Thank you, all of the other players that helped our great Lord Badger you should add a + rep option on the front page. Thanks Prophet, Korpskog, and whoever else I missed.

I think that adding Brightwater keep as a Stannis settlement is great really awesome. I think you guys added like 20 settlements to the campaign map, which will be great to play with. Seems like you added a ton of settlements to Rooks Rest region. I believe I spotted new castles like castle Cerwyn, Greenstone, Rams Gate, and well... a lot more settlemets who's name just doesn't come to my head right now.

Can't wait to play as Hightower if you ever open up a hotseat for the 0.5 version. Although that in my opinion the hotseat will move oh so slow....

Thanks for the feedback!

I have lost track of how many settlements we have added, to be quite honest

The idea is to not have any of the huge empty spaces you find in 0.53E - Field battles are pretty rare in Westeros hotseats (Because of forts and whatever) so it's better that we have minor settlements for armies to aim towards

Likely as not we'll have more than one hotseat as it will be quite slow moving

Yeah this is the best sub-mod so far I totally agree with uriyaca. It fills up those empty spaces if you know what I mean. xP

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

I'm halfway through the video preview and just wow. Amazing. Bravo and great work guys

Two new locations:

Greywater Watch - House Reed and the Crannogmen

The Tower of Joy - The backdrop for one of the most crucial (and best IMHO) scenes in ASOIAF

If you have not see it yet...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If there is a location or character you think deserves to be added, please make a suggestion!

Semisalis

Well, this obviously took alot of work to accomplish, well done, and I look forward to playing in the Hotseats! Definetly deserve rep!

If there is a location or character you think deserves to be added, please make a suggestion!
    Could you add Clegane's Keep as a wooden castle or a castle, I think that would be terrific!

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Have you guys added Lordsport for the Iron Isles? Other than that I don't think there was a settlement that was important and not added from what I see in the video and photos. You guys are doing a really nice job.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

We both tried to add Lordsport - but we had difficulty due to the small size of the island. I did have a go at making the island bigger, but ran out of time and had to cut it.

I've increased Pyke's population to compensate (More taxes = more income)

I did consider adding Clegane's Keep...

I move pretty damn quick