Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

hey badger, really enjoying the mod and would love to help out in some way, ive re textured a number of units before and know a thing or two about modding (i used to make guns in fo3). i cant right now, but next time im on my laptop i could send u some screenshots of my work, i wont be offended if you say you dont think its good enough, i know that there are people out there that can produce extremely high quality work

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks for the offer I have received quite a few offers of help.

Prophet has already gone to great lengths to make some nice skins for this mod, so I think we are okay for now. However, are you familiar with the battle_models.db database file? The one that controls which textures and skins the game uses?

As an update, Korpskog and I have been hard at work adding new settlements to the map. I'd guess that we have already added or plan to add over two dozen lore-accurate settlements, and also to relocate a few.

Where settlements have been mentioned in the books, but not located on a map, we have improvised and placed them where they'd add to gameplay. Crackclaw point, for example, is now a potential battleground between a Targ-Supporting Arryn, and Stannis/Robert.

We're trying to break up the huge empty space in the centre of the map where the Reach meets the Riverlands.

Screenies will come
    Last edited by Badger-dude; December 03, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Great job on your work!! But I'm afraid I can't help you guys
    I'm quite a noob in these things, so I guess I will have to pass over my offer to help. I really don't know what the hell to do sorry.

Actually, a lot of the work is just copying and pasting and changing a few things - It's VERY IMPORTANT stuff (skins, and making sure they have the correct units avaliable from the right buildings) but at the moment I am just lacking the time to do it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I would absoloutly not even hesitate on helping you if it was that simple but there are very complex things in modding. If you want, I can make faction banners as JPEG and send them to you and you can put them in their correct locations.
    I truly believe that V.0.4 will be epic
    If you instruct me how to do specific task, I will easily do them for you. All you need to do is explain how and what to do

Banners are mostly sorted in the latest version It's just text file editing that I need help with.

If you can help with that, then I will drop you a message this evening after work

Essentially, all the new factions (bar Yronwood and Bolton) should be able to recruit:

- Armoured Swordsmen
    - Armoured Spearmen
    - Spearmen (Mid Tier)
    - Spear Militia/Levies/whatever
    - Town Militia

-Archers/Peasant Archers
    - Peasant Xbows

- Knights
    - Mailed Knights
    - NE/SE Bodyguards

This is just a case of making sure that in export_desc_buildings the right factions are in the right place.

I can explain more in detail later, and send you a 'modern' EDB if you fancy doing this... Take a look in fireandblood_0.3/data/export_desc_buildings (open with notepad) and you should see how easy it is
    Last edited by Badger-dude; December 03, 2012 at 04:52 AM.

actualy i am familiar with models db to an extent, i changed some models and their weapons before which went fine, but then i tried to make "iron champions" for house greyjoy with models and textures, the while 9 yards but i managed to corrupt my game (thank god for backups) i think its because my game is so un-clean and am having constant similar problems despite following instructions very closely. but theres light at the end of the tunnel, new laptop should be arriving today! and i plan on refurbishing my modding skills and learning new ones so yeh i'll get back to you once ive cracked the mysteries of tw (hopefully it wont take too long )

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I would absoloutly not even hesitate on helping you if it was that simple but there are very complex things in modding. If you want, I can make faction banners as JPEG and send them to you and you can put them in their correct locations.
    I truly believe that V.0.4 will be epic
    If you instruct me how to do specific task, I will easily do them for you. All you need to do is explain how and what to do
    0.4/0.5 will be truly epic compared to the first versions, the map will be pretty much different with new regions that was never important earlier. Right now we are working on the kingsroad between the vale and the riverlands. What I could need from you and all the other members of this community is examples of were you think the map should be improved and propositions about how to do it.

More or less all suggestions will be taken into account to make the map and the mod as enjoyable as possible.

Badger-Dude have putten a lot of work in adding new characters to the game, especially to Robert Baratheons faction, there will be no doubt about who is the king when you have Ser Barristan the bold leading your troops!

Btw i fooled around with House Darry and I must say they have potential to make thing interesting in the Riverlands as long as they get at least one alliance
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

I think I might have some ideas on what could be added to the submod.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    I think I might have some ideas on what could be added to the submod.
    Edit* Secrecy serves better! Silence it's golden!
    Last edited by Korpskog; December 03, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Please share, Prophet! Your help so far with skins has been invaluable!

Castle cerwyn and Hornwood would be an AWESOME addition to the north! Just an idea . It hadn't been on the original mod and other mods, it would be cool . Can't wait for the new version! Been waiting since it was released :O

Well today I finally bit the bullet and spent a couple of hours editing battle models and unit cards.

Everything is now working for hotseats and AR battles. Getting an error when I try a custom battle so I am going to need to find out what is causing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Well today I finally bit the bullet and spent a couple of hours editing battle models and unit cards.

Everything is now working for hotseats and AR battles. Getting an error when I try a custom battle so I am going to need to find out what is causing that...
    I think that this is pretty normal for the enhanced version, not sure about your submod. Good luck though, 0.3 is quite fun!

0.5 is MUCH better Trust me

More factions, more settlements, more skins... Lots of fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is it possible to make a faction start as a vessal of another one? Because if you can that's awesome

Having Hightower vessal of Tyrell, Yronwood vessal of Martell and so on...:

I looked into it, and sadly it does not seem to be possible.

Redwyne and Hightower used to love having a race to see who could invade the other first, but since they have each gained more settlements and I have tweaked their ai, they are now less expansionist.

They all begin allied, but AI controlled Redwyne and Hightower (and the rest) can declare as normal.

On declaring, if you manage to kill a Faction's leader then their new leader will either choose to bend the knee to Baratheon, or continue to support Targ (Or visa-versa!)

If anyone fancies helping - I would quite appreciate a list of Houses which we knew supported the Targaryen's, and might have reason to rise for the Dragon in the Fire and Blood Timeline. I am redesigning the Targ faction to add to the 'civil war' feel rather than the Targs being a far-away threat for many of the factions on the map.

Have a look at this mate, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/War_of_the_Usurper. There's some boxes on the right that show a few of the commanders that took part in the battle (Their last names can give you their house origins ) Hope it helps

I have been using that But it is far from comprehensive - delving into the wiki there is more information, but I could do with a hand compiling a list - and then working out which houses it might be worth adding