Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Minor Factions Revenge: Expansion Pack for Empire Total War

Default Re: Minor Factions Revenge: Expansion Pack for Empire Total War

Okay, so I have an odd problem.... The installer for the latest version of MFR always crashes as soon as it reaches IT_MFR, the files it manages to install with the installer are installed, but it doesn't work of course, so how can I prevent the installer from crashing on me, or is there a .rar version of MFR v03.02.2014? Please help..

So, I've been playing this for a few days. Good work on most things...

But there is one thing that is irritating me. There seems to be no improvement on one of biggest ETW fails, the BAI. I still encounter the endless shuffle. The AI seems to operate quite simply. It sends its cavalry and melee units first to try and disable my cannons, and predictably they fail. Then, it forms all its line infantry into single line, walks them almost to the range of canister shot, and then turns back, reforms into another line, reshuffle and again... and again....

Davies_boi16's Avatar Libertus

Can anyone make Ireland playable?? Im not to good with modding. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rohi View Post
    Hi everyone. First post. I have been reviewing the different mods to try for ETW. There has been a lot of hype regarding Darthmod. My question is: how does this mod in particular differ from Darth mod? Are the minor factions available in this mod restricted to the Italian peninsula? And finally: is it possible to play as Quebec in this mod? Thank you in advance.
    I'm a returning ETW player and have the same question, I plan to try out the different minor factions and was wondering which mod gives the best experience and unit variety, this or Darthmod?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    I'm a returning ETW player and have the same question, I plan to try out the different minor factions and was wondering which mod gives the best experience and unit variety, this or Darthmod?
    You would need to compare Post 2 in this thread to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12003382 and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post9084585

You will see in post 2 of this thread the Units available, Quebec is available to play in this Mod.

For unit variety both add a number of unit packs, Darthmod also uses Causa Belli which increases again the available minor factions.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...inor-Factions)
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Plagiat_93's Avatar Libertus

What can i do if empire with minfor factions revenge keeps crashing in the same battle? I am fighting austria with bavaria but in every scenario of the same battle (besiegement) the game crashes

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Plagiat_93 View Post
    What can i do if empire with minfor factions revenge keeps crashing in the same battle? I am fighting austria with bavaria but in every scenario of the same battle (besiegement) the game crashes
    Try a custom battle with the same unit composition for both armies, if you have the same CTD then try removing units one at a time, rinse repeat
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Okay, i don't know if this fixed it but i tried this software on empire total war.exe:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...-aware.112556/

I played the battle again and everything worked fine...Strange...

Invaded London as France, and the game not just crashed, but now refuses to load any saves, even after uninstalling the mod.

what happened, i managed to play a full mexican and american campaign prior to this and now the entire game seems to not want to work.

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

The first time I played MFR I had a blast playing as Mexico and was well on my way to taking out Russia when issues I don't need to go into here demanded I stop play and uninstall Empire: TW and MFR. I have since downloaded and reinstalled MFR two times but Mexico, Quebec and other factions that were available the first time I played have not been available. Not sure but, I think it is an issue of not being able to find the "Final" or "Latest" version. Can anyone please point me to link where I can dnld a version that has all the factions? Thanks so much!

how to install CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions) mod on this because i tried many times i couldn't use the units in the campaign

In the hope that anyone is still watching MFR, I played as Britain and had a blast but then gave the Pirates a go. Everything is going fine in the Americas, but when I took a boat ride to Britain (year is 1715), London defence is made of East India Company and Sepoys. Surely they can't be building them in London???

Anyone here who can tell me where i can get the main menu soundtrack theme? I just love it!

This has to be one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had in Empire since Darthmod. I am REALLY enjoying this mod because the economy balance is JUST tough enough and the area recruitment system to recruit rare regiments is spot on. I am now playing this mod on extreme difficulty and having the best campaign experience I have had in ages. Great job and thank you!

Only a few needed changes. Your BAI and square formation mechanics are dreadful. Please look at asking Darthmod for permission to use theres. Don't change anything with politics and main campaign map.

I'm not sure if this thread is still active and watched, but here goes, played vanilla Empire a ton, also played a ton of darthmod (economy is a bit easy though) and now tried Minor Factions Revenge. However, once the game crashes, it corrupts up to 5 save files, setting me back 10 years ingame only to crash again. I've reinstalled the game, the mod twice and when I check in the mod manager it tells me that there are a ton of conflicts, somewhere around 3500 conflicts if I quickly add all things up. So what gives? I got the file from TWCenter using the torrent so it can't have been a faulty download. I've installed the mod correctly since it does launch properly and I can start campaigns, but haflway through, it crashes and effectively kills my savegames.

Anyone with a suggestion to try?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Does this mod work with darthmod?

Oh boy I hope somebody is still alive in here.

Is there anyone that can look at my MPMD/crash reports and tell me what happened with my game?

Playing as the Iroquois, no matter what I do, I CTD on turn end at turn 34. I do get the "XXX Has Stopped Working" message but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I think it has to do with an action by one of the NPC factions I can't see...

The crash happens when I hit the "End Turn" button and wait for all other nations to move. The crash happens when it's my turn to move again.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Do you have Shaman priests yet? if you don't then it could be that.
    I know when I tried to build a native American mod I was able to implement a lot of things but I could never figure out a way or work around for Shaman Priests and every time the mod tried to build them it would CTD exactly the same way your game has.
    the only solution was to get rid of the code for Shamans

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Do you have Shaman priests yet? if you don't then it could be that.
    I know when I tried to build a native American mod I was able to implement a lot of things but I could never figure out a way or work around for Shaman Priests and every time the mod tried to build them it would CTD exactly the same way your game has.
    the only solution was to get rid of the code for Shamans
    The shamans...? Hmm. I mean, I did have one or two already spawned. What do I need to delete?
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith