Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Minor Factions Revenge: Expansion Pack for Empire Total War

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Minor Factions Revenge: Expansion Pack for Empire Total War

Hello
    Love the expansion; it's absolutely brilliant and I voted for it to win that mod award on moddb.
    However I have encountered a problem:
    I was playing as the Kingdom of Two Sicilies and every time I attack the Papal States, win the city battle and go back to the campaign map it the game crashes.
    I do have your addon to make Sardinia and Two Sicilies Italy.
    Please help!
    Thanks

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Also I noticed that when I went on the trade regions screen the Papal States could trade their capital region where as other nations cannot, maybe this has something to do with it.

Well done on this amazing mod! I'm absolutely loving it. I was playing Empire Total Factions but have changed to this, as I love that it gives 4/5-slot cities for some minor factions! I changed the starting money, however, as I didn't want the game to be too easy.
    I have a question. I'm playing as Naples and Sicily, and I'm 30 turns into my campaign. However, even though I own two universities and two national observatories, I still don't have any gentlemen yet. Is there a fix for this issue, or has anyone else encountered it? In vanilla/ETF gentlemen spawn fairly readily.
    Thanks in advance!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by LuxInTenebris View Post
    I'm playing as Naples and Sicily, and I'm 30 turns into my campaign. However, even though I own two universities and two national observatories, I still don't have any gentlemen yet. Is there a fix for this issue, or has anyone else encountered it? In vanilla/ETF gentlemen spawn fairly readily.
    Thanks in advance!
    I'm playing with Naples too, 20 turns, one university and one observatory (I had a second university, but was destroyed half turn after I take the province). Since the game start, the country produce three gentlemen. Maybe in yours is a case of bad luck........... or good luck on mine

Can somebody tells me about.. All the soundtrack of this mod,please?

Quote Originally Posted by adam8911 View Post
    Can somebody tells me about.. All the soundtrack of this mod,please?
    Nope, nevermind

Has the random unit bug been fixed? I'm playing as Scotland and the bug is driving me nuts. Great mod other than that. But the issue makes the mod unplayable.

Has the random unit bug been fixed? I'm playing as Scotland and the bug is driving me nuts. Great mod other than that. But the issue makes the mod unplayable.

hello problem

Quote Originally Posted by moi67800 View Post
    hello problem when I run the installation it says to me

Is there any reason why when I take over Hungary Im not given the choice to recruit Hungarian line infantry? Also, conquering Malta and other regions don't give me the units I was told I could get.

To Itan86
    It has been quite a while since you last updated your mod. I suppose that, like all of us around here, you have a life and modding is time consuming. I havw tried in vain to modify you startpos with the modding tools from the forum. When I changed other mods I didn't find any difficulties. Maybe it is because your startpps are in Italian. Maybe Windows 8 64 bit is buggy when it comes to using java scripts. I do not know too well because I am a historian not a programmer .
    Anyway, I wanted to ask you very politely, if you find an hour to spare, to modify the startpos from the early campaign (at least) 2 turns a year to give Louisiana and Cuba 4 slots cities, and to activate comercial ports for Georgia and Courland and Norway from the beginning.

Please...

I doubt my post will make much of a difference since it seems like this mod is dead, but tonight I noticed something that had made me pretty much waste my time for a few hours on this nice snowy night; perfect excuse to be lazy after a long work week. I was looking forward to re-starting my campaign with Quebec, and was chugging along nicely until I slowly realized that all of my units were transforming into different unit types. It's extremely irritating, since I had carefully crafted and balanced armies in each region that could adequately deal with the threats respective to those regions...but if all of my artillery are turning into Native Tribe Auxiliary, well, it's completely pointless. I never noticed this with my previous campaign, and I'm not sure what caused it. I notice that many others have mentioned having this issue, but one can only wonder what makes it happen in some campaigns and not others. Such a shame, too, as I had formed a battle hardened 8 star general with awesome traits.

Additionally, all of my trade agreements were canceled out of nowhere during the campaign and nobody would accept a new agreement with me despite a very friendly relationship.

Seems like I have to put this mod behind me.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Obviously, I am not itan86. For what it's worth, I think I know the cause of the units transforming. Only the major factions have victory conditions in the vanilla game's startpos.esf file (this is the file which the game uses to create the world at the start of the game). Modders have learned how to add victory conditions to minor and emergent factions by cloning the victory conditions of major factions and editing them. However, when a modder copies the victory conditions of faction X to provide victory conditions for faction Y, then faction X will experience the unit transformation bug. It should be possible to make a startpos.esf in which you can play Quebec with victory conditions and without the unit transformation bug. You could take a vanilla startpos, make Quebec playable and add victory conditions by cloning the victory conditions of another faction (that other faction would then experience the unit transformation bug, but Quebec would not). The creator of the Empire Total Factions mod, husserlTW, provided instructions on how to make emergent factions such as Quebec playable and how to add victory conditions; you can find his instructions on his 'My Modding Work' page on the 'StartPos Mods' part of the Hosted Mods forum, if you are interested.

I have been playing Itan's nod for a very long time and I have never ever experienced the unit transformation bug. But reading the explanation above it makes sense. I have only played Major factions and what Alwyn said may be true

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Obviously, I am not itan86. For what it's worth, I think I know the cause of the units transforming. Only the major factions have victory conditions in the vanilla game's startpos.esf file (this is the file which the game uses to create the world at the start of the game). Modders have learned how to add victory conditions to minor and emergent factions by cloning the victory conditions of major factions and editing them. However, when a modder copies the victory conditions of faction X to provide victory conditions for faction Y, then faction X will experience the unit transformation bug. It should be possible to make a startpos.esf in which you can play Quebec with victory conditions and without the unit transformation bug. You could take a vanilla startpos, make Quebec playable and add victory conditions by cloning the victory conditions of another faction (that other faction would then experience the unit transformation bug, but Quebec would not). The creator of the Empire Total Factions mod, husserlTW, provided instructions on how to make emergent factions such as Quebec playable and how to add victory conditions; you can find his instructions on his 'My Modding Work' page on the 'StartPos Mods' part of the Hosted Mods forum, if you are interested.
    I'll try and give this a go. Hopefully it isn't too complicated, thanks.

for me personally, victory conditions means nuffing, i actually select the longest campaign for the specific reason of not getting victory conditions.
    History was yet to be written, Preussia wasnt destined to take Silesia, and Swedish rulers had absolutely NO desire to take Russia,
    or even fight russia at all, rather, they wanted trade and peace with them, with the swedes controlling and taxing the trade/ports
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by von_neurath View Post
    I have been playing Itan's nod for a very long time and I have never ever experienced the unit transformation bug. But reading the explanation above it makes sense. I have only played Major factions and what Alwyn said may be true
    That's interesting. I wrote a reply, then realised that I was going off-topic into a discussion of modding, so I put my reply here on the Mod Workshop instead. I wonder if people would like to join a discussion on that thread about the unit transformation bug, what causes it and how to prevent/fix the bug?

Marconis, good luck! husserlTW said that he used different ESF Editors for doing different things. So, if your first attempt to make Quebec playable doesn't work, you might want to try a different ESF Editor (if I remember correctly, ESF Editors 1.4.3, 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 are all available in the Mod Workshop. There might be an ESF Editor on the Napoloen: Total War Mod Workshop which works for Empire: Total War as well).

poa, you could be right - perhaps the way to avoid the unit transformation bug is not to have victory conditions.
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 24, 2015 at 02:29 AM.

Rohi's Avatar Libertus

Hi everyone. First post. I have been reviewing the different mods to try for ETW. There has been a lot of hype regarding Darthmod. My question is: how does this mod in particular differ from Darth mod? Are the minor factions available in this mod restricted to the Italian peninsula? And finally: is it possible to play as Quebec in this mod? Thank you in advance.

Rohi's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Rohi View Post
    And finally: is it possible to play as Quebec in this mod? Thank you in advance.
    I answered my own question: downloaded and installed the mod - and voila! I see Quebec in the late campaign.

My only concern now is the reported issue of units transforming. ... I'll let you all know what I encounter in my game.