Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weekly competition #1 [Ultra Hardcore] [Saturday the 3rd of November, 20:00 GMT]

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Icon6 Weekly competition #1 [Ultra Hardcore] [Saturday the 3rd of November, 20:00 GMT]

Ultra hardcore

Prepare yourself, because here is the first game of the completely renewed competitive server!
    We will start off with an exciting game of ultra hardcore. The player who survives the rest will be the winner!

Rules
    -Health doesn't regenerate. You can only get health by crafting a golden apple consisting out off 1 apple and 8 golden ingots.
    -No branch mining, you get all the minerals you need from caving.
    -No killing before the first day is over.

Scoring
    From now on, all weekly competitive events will count for an all-new leaderboard. You can get points by achieving goals, which changes in different gamemodes. The amount of points there can be scored in a competitive game depends on the number of players. For every player there are 10 points to be awarded in game.

This week you can get 2 points for free for just attending the competition. The winner, the runner up and the third place will get respectively 40% points, 20% points and 10% of the total points. The final 10% of points will be awarded to the player with the most player kills. (For example, if 5 players attend there are 50 points in total up for grabs. Everyone keeps 2 for this launch event, the winner will get 20 points, 2nd place 10 points, 3rd place 5 points, top killer 5 points.)

On top of that the winner will get 5 rep points, the runner-up will get 3 rep points and the player who finished third will get 1 rep point on the forums.

This event has concluded. The outcomes:

Participants (14 in total):
    Skivvies, Barleye, Ynentje, 123brogan, Rainbow_splat, 10greenbottles, Poach, Benz282, Andrew_b_b, lord_leclerc, Sonofpeverel, Selukon, Katsumoto, Rumpullpus

List of events numbered by minutes after start:
    0: UHC started
    10: Skivvies hit the ground too hard
    22: Rainbow_splat killed by skeleton
    26: 123brogan killed by Katsumoto after a daring raid in brogan's hideout
    34: Selukon slain by Benz282
    40: Poach hit the ground too hard after pushed into a ravine by a spider
    43: Andrew_b_b shot by Ynentje
    45: Ynentje slain by 10greenbottles
    49: Sonofpeverel killed by Katsumoto after bravely defending himself by throwing snowballs at his enemy
    54: lord_leclerc shot by 10greenbottles
    54: Barleye went up into flames
    69: Rumpullpus slain by benz282
    69: 10greenbottles slain by Katsumoto
    73: Katsumoto killed by spider

Which brings us to the following places:
    3rd: 10greenbottles
    2nd: Katsumoto
    1st: benz282

Number of kills:
    Katsumoto: 3
    Benz282: 2
    10greenbottles: 2
    Gravity: 2
    Ynentje: 1
    Flames: 1
    Skeleton: 1
    Spider: 1

The following points are awarded:
    Skivvies: 2
    Barleye: 2
    Ynentje: 2
    123brogan: 2
    Rainbow_splat: 2
    10greenbottles: 2+14=16
    Poach: 2
    Benz282: 2+56=58
    Andrew_b_b: 2
    lord_leclerc: 2
    Sonofpeverel: 2
    Selukon: 2
    Katsumoto: 2+14+28=44
    Rumpullpus: 2
    Last edited by Poach; November 04, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Default Re: Weekly competition #1 [Ultra Hardcore] [Saturday the 3rd of November, 20:00 GMT]

I might be able to join and I might not join. I can't really know till right before the competition.. Is it alright to be in as a maybe?
    Last edited by Cahoma; November 02, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added a 'not' in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Weekly competition #1 [Ultra Hardcore] [Saturday the 3rd of November, 20:00 GMT]

'll be there(I hope)

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Ah gay, I won't be able to join .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I should also be there.

Cahoma: As long as you're present when it starts you can be in. Its an FFA event so there's no organisation needed: join at 2000GMT and you'll be allowed to play.
    Last edited by Poach; November 02, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

If I'm not warring Norfs, I'll be present.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I forgot about a fireworks display on tonight (it being the 5th, look it up ), it should be 6.30-7.30/8ish so I may be on time or may be 10 minutes or so late. Don't wait for me, I'll just connect when I get home and see if I can still join.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

I want to come, but the wars will probably not let me come
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Skivvies's Avatar Miles

I choose to attend.

Also, Poachy, it's only the 3rd. Are you just celebrating it tonight because it's more convenient?

i was gonna but i didnt even get on the computer in time damn time zones.

Artifex

it will start in 20 minutes :p So you are in time

Vicarius Provinciae

It says I am not whitelisted on this server although I play pvp. What's with that?

cant connect giving me a connection lost error

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    It says I am not whitelisted on this server although I play pvp. What's with that?
    Fixed that for you

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Ah dammit, 30 minutes late. Hopefully I can join next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

killed while typing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

Some pics of it.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Glory to the Brotherhood!

Congrats, Benz.

Glad to see there's such an exciting pic of me.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Skivvies View Post
    I choose to attend.

Also, Poachy, it's only the 3rd. Are you just celebrating it tonight because it's more convenient?
    I don't know why, but there was a small local display in Lanark tonight. The big one, which I will attend also, is on monday night. I think this little local one was tonight because on monday everyone around here who's going to a firework display will be at the big one which is in Strathclyde Park.

Congrats Benz!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast