Thread: Roads in battle map

Default Roads in battle map

I am trying to add roads to existing maps. How do I do it? I don't care about the actual road movement value, just the visual of the road. I already have the HIBAM editor

Thank you!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Roads in battle map

with gimp or photoshop - edit the colourmap, but also the blend map (i think white in the alpha adds those cobblestone texture) and of course the grassmap.tga (black means no grass)

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    with gimp or photoshop - edit the colourmap, but also the blend map (i think white in the alpha adds those cobblestone texture) and of course the grassmap.tga (black means no grass)
    Thanks. So it's simply a matter of drawing lines in those files and then saving them?

yes - as long as we are talking about the battlemaps ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    yes - as long as we are talking about the battlemaps ^^
    Thanks! What exactly are the differences between the colour map, the blend map, and the grassmap?

colourmap = colour of the ground, blendmap+ alpha = type of ground, eg. grass, dirt, cobblestone, grassmap = defines which grass type grows where, eg. blue = wheat, white in the alpha channel = "flowers", green = short grass, red = long grass

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

I edited those files but no change on the map. Strange. All I did was use the eye dropper to copy the color of other roads and draw new ones. Do I need to do anything else?

Did you add the changed files to a mod.pack? ^^

Yes I did. It seems to be working now. I added roads to every map, one at a time, to figure out which map displayed the aesthetics of a road, but none of them worked. Finally I just applied roads to all maps and voila - it worked. So I'm still confused as to which file I need to edit to JUST display the visual of a road (because it cuts time down from adding roads to multiple files).

But at least for this one map I got it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
    Yes I did. It seems to be working now. I added roads to every map, one at a time, to figure out which map displayed the aesthetics of a road, but none of them worked. Finally I just applied roads to all maps and voila - it worked. So I'm still confused as to which file I need to edit to JUST display the visual of a road (because it cuts time down from adding roads to multiple files).

But at least for this one map I got it to work.
    If you do manage to figure how to do it for every map could you possibly publish it and give me a link to it ?