Page 7 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.4 for Third Age 3.2..

Tets to run the cleaner again and start MOS and a new camapign

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.4 for Third Age 3.2..

Thank you team..downloaded , installed, and playing ....looks great so far..Waiting on up date to Expanded Map from Mike to really get going.

I´m wondering if I can turn off many options like the new sky textures etc... because the computer that I am using right now is a bit outdated, and I am not so sure it will handle some of the sub mods so well. Anyways I suppose my question is if I can toggle on-off the various submods included in this mod.

Libertus

I need some help please, thanks to ElvenKind i managed to get the custom battles going in 1.3, but after i patched it to 1.4 , when i first opened the game it still said version 1.3, and as i started a custom battle i noticed some sounds were missing, ( arrows being shot were silent and a general lack of sound got the most of my attention, for example, if i paused the game or selected some units to attack, all of that was missing it's sound.
    Once again, thanks in advance

Edit: after a quick reinstall, the version number now shows correctly, however the sounds that were missing are not there anyway, any help is much appreciated
    Edit2: started call of warhammer and vanilla medieval 2, they both show this problem as well, does this mean i have to reinstall all of medieval 2 again?
    Last edited by nochance; November 06, 2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: more information

I am just in a campaigne with MOS 1.3, when I update to 1.4 can I continue the campaigne? Or, in other words, is it save game compatible?
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by nochance View Post
    I need some help please, thanks to ElvenKind i managed to get the custom battles going in 1.3, but after i patched it to 1.4 , when i first opened the game it still said version 1.3, and as i started a custom battle i noticed some sounds were missing, ( arrows being shot were silent and a general lack of sound got the most of my attention, for example, if i paused the game or selected some units to attack, all of that was missing it's sound.
    Once again, thanks in advance

Edit: after a quick reinstall, the version number now shows correctly, however the sounds that were missing are not there anyway, any help is much appreciated
    Open your medieval2.preference .CFG file found in the main M2TW folder (open it with Notepad) and check does it look like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [audio]
    enable = 1
    master_vol = 100
    music_vol = 100
    provider = Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
    sfx_vol = 100
    speech_enable = 0
    speech_vol = 98
    sub_faction_accents = 1

If it looks the same and you can`t make any changes, then go to your ingame Options and check the sound levels there. If that doesn`t help, and you have windows 7 or Vista, then go to virtual store and delete Medieval 2 Total War folder, C:\Users\[user name or your PC`s name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x?) (if u can`t find it, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059).

Hope this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    I am just in a campaigne with MOS 1.3, when I update to 1.4 can I continue the campaigne? Or, in other words, is it save game compatible?
    No, it is not savegame compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    I cannot start a new campaign in 1.4, every time I try it takes me back to the intro screen.
    Do you have windows 7 or Vista? If you do, go to Virtual store and delete Third_Age_3 folder if it is there, C:\Users\[user name or your PC`s name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x?)\Sega\ Medieval 2 TW\mods (if u can`t find it, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059).
    If that doesn`t help, run Cleaner.bat.

EDIT: didn`t see Ngugi was already on this last
    Last edited by ElvenKind; November 06, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Download Site updated. you can now download 1.4 patch and expanded map there.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Thank you Tree Knee.
    Everyone be sure to rep him for hosting all of our files!

His site can be accessed from the OP as well.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Knee View Post
    Download Site updated. you can now download 1.4 patch and expanded map there.
    +repped
    EDIT: I just realized that the link to MOS OP in my signature is actually a link to OLD MOS OP

Have to fix that
    Last edited by ElvenKind; November 06, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

I get file not found when trying to DL the patch
    I watch and Learn

I can't get the patch from Tree Knee's site.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Open your medieval2.preference .CFG file found in the main M2TW folder (open it with Notepad) and check does it look like this:

[audio]
    enable = 1
    master_vol = 100
    music_vol = 100
    provider = Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
    sfx_vol = 100
    speech_enable = 0
    speech_vol = 98
    sub_faction_accents = 1

If it looks the same and you can`t make any changes, then go to your ingame Options and check the sound levels there. If that doesn`t help, and you have windows 7 or Vista, then go to virtual store and delete Medieval 2 Total War folder, C:\Users\[user name or your PC`s name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x?) (if u can`t find it, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059).

Hope this helps you.

No, it is not savegame compatible.

Do you have windows 7 or Vista? If you do, go to Virtual store and delete Third_Age_3 folder if it is there, C:\Users\[user name or your PC`s name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x?)\Sega\ Medieval 2 TW\mods (if u can`t find it, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059).
    If that doesn`t help, run Cleaner.bat.
    First of all, thank you for all your help so far, with this and with the custom battles, but nothing worked and i had no third age folder in the virtual store, i'll wait a bit for some more solutions, if nothing else can be done i'll just reinstall the whole thing, it's been a long time of modding and changing files for the game not to be messed up . Just to clear things up a little bit for me, if i do reinstall i have a good chance of getting everything to work again im i right?
    as I said previously though, it is really annoying to reinstall so much stuff just because of such small thing, as the arrow sounds are the only thing that really annoys me gameplay wise ( i still have the voices and music), so i will be waiting until tomorrow for more possible solutions.
    Once again thanks and awaiting some helpfull feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    I get file not found when trying to DL the patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Brune View Post
    I can't get the patch from Tree Knee's site.
    Maybe try from my site, download speed slower, sorry.

Uploaded MOS 1.4 version to another site.
    For free download, click on 60 seconds start timer window.
    Quote Originally Posted by nochance View Post
    First of all, thank you for all your help so far, with this and with the custom battles, but nothing worked and i had no third age folder in the virtual store, i'll wait a bit for some more solutions, if nothing else can be done i'll just reinstall the whole thing, it's been a long time of modding and changing files for the game not to be messed up . Just to clear things up a little bit for me, if i do reinstall i have a good chance of getting everything to work again im i right?
    as I said previously though, it is really annoying to reinstall so much stuff just because of such small thing, as the arrow sounds are the only thing that really annoys me gameplay wise ( i still have the voices and music), so i will be waiting until tomorrow for more possible solutions.
    Once again thanks and awaiting some helpfull feedback
    What faction doesn`t have arrow sounds? I can test in mine MOS 1.4 and see is the same.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; November 06, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

1.4 does not work on Tree Knee site. But I rep him cause 1.3 works on his site, while it does not work on Gamefront

Not Found

The requested URL /home/13/msirochm/data/MOS/TATW_3.2/MOS_1.4/MOS v1.4 Patch.exe was not found on this server.

And because I got 1.4 from EK, I am uploading it right now on another server. I need 30 minutes more to finish uploading. This server allows maximum downloading speed without account, and it works for large part (or all) of Europe as far as I know.

Patch 1.4 - another attempt!

Click on name of exe file, not on word "Download". Rep me only if link works for you!
    Last edited by Pleiades; November 06, 2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Patch 1.4 is ready!
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    What faction doesn`t have arrow sounds? I can test in mine MOS 1.4 and see is the same.
    It doesn't have anything to do with factions i believe, i simply don't have arrow sounds :s, and as i said before that's not all, i don't have some menu sounds either, like when you pause the game, or even when you click on an enemy unit to attack it. which just makes it a little bit stranger.
    Once again thank you so much for your time

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Every download link ive tried so far failed

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Same here
    I watch and Learn

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    Same here
    Did you try ElvenKind's link? (post #118)
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Did you try ElvenKind's link? (post #118)
    Yes but I don't have an account or the program needed to DL from there ( I don't as a rule DL anything that is not the file itself from sites like that)
    I watch and Learn

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

For another 1.4 download attempt, see my post here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post12208887
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.