Page 6 of 373 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

Never mind then
    Edit: It only seemed wierd because the background was partly painted white.
    Last edited by Araval; November 06, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

Thank's again for your great work MOS-Team. Love your mod!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

This post will be on every page until it gets posted on the OP.

MOS v1.4 has been released.
    See post #79 for the link and info for MOS v1.4, until HotW can put it in the OP.
    Post #79, MOS v1.4 release information and link
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    I just checked the Gamefront link and downloaded MOS 1.4 patch.
    Unfortunately, file is missing for me as well...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by ozzi View Post
    Unfortunately, file is missing for me as well...

This may have been an isolated occurance, but I had trouble with Google Chrome uploading the file (it would not let me), try IE downloading it, long shot, but might work. Also be sure to use a 32 bit browser, delete all cookies before attempting it and temporarily disable virus protection.

I am less than happy with GameFront at this time, but it is the best solution at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    This may have been an isolated occurance, but I had trouble with Google Chrome uploading the file (it would not let me), try IE downloading it, long shot, but might work. Also be sure to use a 32 bit browser, delete all cookies before attempting it and temporarily disable virus protection.

I am less than happy with GameFront at this time, but it is the best solution at this point.
    Tried both IE and Firefox, same result. Firefox cannot find the file, IE shows a file of 345 bytes...

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.4 for Third Age 3.2..

Hey guys, i've got a minor bug to report. The Battle-Ready Dúnedain description in the custom battles says "Unlocalized displasment text" or something...
    But I think that is fairly simple to fix,right?

Enarec's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.4 for Third Age 3.2..

Lucky me I guess, everything worked fine for me on Gamefront.

I am extremely pleased to see MOS 1.4 being released - previously some units being fitted to RC/RR while others were not was quite off-putting for me. I tried to edit them myself, but after reworking the Dwarves, Gondor, Rhun and Dale with the new 2.0 RC/RR guidelines I got lazy and never did finish it.

Kudos to everyone in the team!
    Last edited by Enarec; November 06, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

It has nothing to do with browser this time.

If file is not too large, try to upload to other temporary, free and simple solutions, like this

There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    It has nothing to do with browser this time.

If file is not too large, try to upload to other temporary, free and simple solutions, like this

Thank you for the suggestion, the problem is that many of these sites will not allow some regions/nations to accesss them. I had this problem with the beta release and the users in China and other places could not access them. There really does not seem to be a 'one size fits all' solution to this problem. There are many sites that cap the limit at 200 MB or less and the patch is 255~MB.

Hopefully Tree Knee will make the file available soon on his site, if not then we will pursue other short term solutions.

Greeting MOS users.
    I thought I would answer some questions.
    1. MOS v1.4 is not save game compatible.
    2. The GameFront site is working for me at least, I am sure that Tree Knee will add it to his site as soon as he is aware of its existance.
    3. If you are not using MOS v1.4 and are having technical issues, please upgrade to MOS v1.4 before posting such issues. Many of these issues have been fixed in v1.4 and may not be listed in the change log.
    4. If you have the beta version of MOS v1.4, you will need to download the release version, many issues raised by the beta testers were fixed in the final version and some new features added.
    Thanks for the info!! MOS makes TA total war the best mod ever exits!!
    Enjoy the mod!
    Last edited by AltairBasic; November 06, 2012 at 09:08 AM.

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Sorry if this comes off as a rather stupid question, but when you start a campaign in this mod, what exactly do the "mysterious documents" do for Isengard and Rhun? So far in my campaigns I've been starting without giving them to either faction, but I'd like to know what they actually do in case I'm missing out on something.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

I never play with them..Flamethrowers for Rhun and Bombs for the Uruk-Hai

I believe they are 2 of the 5 superweapons made for TATW, the other three I don't know and aren't in as far as I know

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    Well then, in that case I guess I've been making the right decision. Thanks!
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    Sorry if this comes off as a rather stupid question, but when you start a campaign in this mod, what exactly do the "mysterious documents" do for Isengard and Rhun? So far in my campaigns I've been starting without giving them to either faction, but I'd like to know what they actually do in case I'm missing out on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    As Ovarion say.
    There's a Read Me file in the Third_Age_3-folder that describes the different optional (and in other ways manually activated) submods

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I have waited for this update for a long time... Screw it, i admit, im a fan boy. Its just because i like MOS best.. Might not be as big as Perilous or buggy as barons last one but it is enjoyable and more importantly, almost STABLE... Well done guys... big rep to you all..

Uploade MOS 1.4 version to another site. Give it a try.
    For free download, click on 60 seconds start timer window.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

Thank you for the suggestion, the problem is that many of these sites will not allow some regions/nations to accesss them. I had this problem with the beta release and the users in China and other places could not access them. There really does not seem to be a 'one size fits all' solution to this problem. There are many sites that cap the limit at 200 MB or less and the patch is 255~MB.

Hopefully Tree Knee will make the file available soon on his site, if not then we will pursue other short term solutions.
    Sounds like Internet is private property of few corporations, and they are teaching us for 20 years that it is World Wide Web.

Btw, I forgot to mention that Google Chrome does not allow me to upload files to speedyshare, but they have much more than 200MB limit without account. Friend was sending me files of more than 1GB (Germany - Serbia).

Also, I did not address just you, but all those people who successfully downloaded MOS 1.4. Well, here is just example list of hosting services.

A list of file hosting services

Hopefully there are chivalrous people here like Gandalf and Aragorn to upload that small file of 255MB.

EDIT:Well, ElvenKind looks more like an Elf to me than Gandalf or Aragorn, but it will do

File will be downloaded after 50 minutes, because download speed is reduced 6 times for the lack of paid account, but I am NOT complaining, I am NOT complaining, no Sir! Catch some rep point.
    Last edited by Pleiades; November 06, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Uploade MOS 1.4 version to another site. Give it a try.
    For free download, click on 60 seconds start timer window.

Thank you. :p
    Last edited by Brune; November 06, 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: elle est où la poulette

I cannot start a new campaign in 1.4, every time I try it takes me back to the intro screen.