Page 4 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but, being new to MOS 1.3 I wanted to ask if the Rohan spearmen
    (as opposed to the militia & dismounted heavy cav) have been removed from campaign recruitment?

If so, no problem. Just curious since their still available in custom battle & have had their stats adjusted.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by browninb View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but, being new to MOS 1.3 I wanted to ask if the Rohan spearmen
    (as opposed to the militia & dismounted heavy cav) have been removed from campaign recruitment?

If so, no problem. Just curious since their still available in custom battle & have had their stats adjusted.
    The Rohan Spearmen are not in the campaign game.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Ok, thanks.

Just installed MOS and I have played around with the new units and the campaign. Massive overhaul is right. If your looking for "more of the same" from the vanilla version this is not it. A lot of the Gondor vanilla units have been redone distancing them from the movie models. More units for everyone which is always fun though it does get confusing later on. A lot of unnecessary unit card changes that don't clearly show what type of unit it is. The banners are too small and detailed to quite make out which faction is which. (I honestly mistook Arnor banner for dwarves banner) Gameplay enhanced to level awesome. In short, visually a little more of the original Thrid Age TW and I would consider this a must have submod. (note: This is just my opinion. Please don't kill me.)

edit: I just figured out that it is "Various Unit Cards by Maltacus" and "Faction symbols by Small Projects Mods" that I don't like.
    Last edited by tonplan; November 04, 2012 at 02:07 PM.

The smaller banners are part of the "battlefield confusion" every commander must face. You would not be the first one to fire on friendly forces....
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; November 04, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Overall I'm very impressed with this mod, but during a test battle between the Lorien Elves and Dunland the elven archers no longer made a sound when they fired their arrows. In a second test battle with Gondor catapult bombs also appeared to be silent, though soldiers still yelled when I clicked on them. Is this intentional, or a bug? If it is a bug, can it be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Vasilyevich Suvorov View Post
    Overall I'm very impressed with this mod, but during a test battle between the Lorien Elves and Dunland the elven archers no longer made a sound when they fired their arrows. In a second test battle with Gondor catapult bombs also appeared to be silent, though soldiers still yelled when I clicked on them. Is this intentional, or a bug? If it is a bug, can it be fixed?
    Thank you for your feedback.
    This has never been reported before. It will have to be tested and confirmed that it is normal, a bug, or a problem with your setup/system.

Quote Originally Posted by tonplan View Post
    Just installed MOS and I have played around with the new units and the campaign. Massive overhaul is right. If your looking for "more of the same" from the vanilla version this is not it. A lot of the Gondor vanilla units have been redone distancing them from the movie models. More units for everyone which is always fun though it does get confusing later on. A lot of unnecessary unit card changes that don't clearly show what type of unit it is. The banners are too small and detailed to quite make out which faction is which. (I honestly mistook Arnor banner for dwarves banner) Gameplay enhanced to level awesome. In short, visually a little more of the original Thrid Age TW and I would consider this a must have submod. (note: This is just my opinion. Please don't kill me.)

edit: I just figured out that it is "Various Unit Cards by Maltacus" and "Faction symbols by Small Projects Mods" that I don't like.
    I agree that many of the unit card changes are not beneficial (sry). But you're just plain wrong regarding "distancing them from the movie models". If you have a closer look and compare, you'll find that Taro's units are actually more accurate with regard to the film costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by tonplan View Post

HI:

You should not look for MOS from the film in different points, but how to enjoy the MOS.

The film is a film, MOS is a MOS, this is two concepts.

The game model of the arms was perfect, is not?

Guys this is a great submod! Thanks for your work!
    can you tell me where can i recruit Noldor Guardians? i want to retrain my only starting unit of Noldor Guardians but i don't know where.. I have MOS 1.3 installed.

They can be retrained in Imladris after the barracks event around turn 40 or so. They can be recruited in Imladris after the HE Kingdom is reestablished I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    They can be retrained in Imladris after the barracks event around turn 40 or so. They can be recruited in Imladris after the HE Kingdom is reestablished I believe.
    I have allready reestablished the HE kingdom and i have built the highest barracks in Imladris but no Noldor Guardians yet...Do i need a huge city? cause imladris cannot be huge i think

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonatoras View Post
    I have allready reestablished the HE kingdom and i have built the highest barracks in Imladris but no Noldor Guardians yet...Do i need a huge city? cause imladris cannot be huge i think
    Untill 1.4 they cannot be recruited but you should be able to retrain them in Imladris.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Untill 1.4 they cannot be recruited but you should be able to retrain them in Imladris.
    ok thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Sorry about that, I've been playing around with the soon to be released version and thought it was already included. Fear not though, soon, very soon......

That won't be the only unique unit that you will be able to recruit in Imladris either ........

Sorry about that, I've been playing around with the soon to be released version and thought it was already included. Fear not though, soon, very soon......

That won't be the only unique unit that you will be able to recruit in Imladris either ........
    Don't worry man!! I am really looking forward to the next release!!

The smaller banners are part of the "battlefield confusion" every commander must face. You would not be the first one to fire on friendly forces....
    I do that already with the old version.

Icon4 Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

MOS v1.4 RELEASED!

The upgrade patch for MOS v1.4 is now available for downloading.
    As this is a patch, MOS v1.3 is required for this upgrade.

MOS v1.4 Patch.exe

Installation instructions:
    1. Download the file from GameFront using the link provided to your desktop or other folder. Do not download the file into your M2TW, TATW or MOS folders.
    2. Double-left-click on the file or right-click and select 'Open' from the pop-up menu.
    3. Follow the instructions provided in the installer.

Mods added:

Mods updated:
    Additional changes and additions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Fixed Dale Woodsmen texturing problem.
    • Fixed Dale Rivermen trying to fire their javelins like arrows.
    • Fixed Dunland Huntsmen trying to fire their javelins like arrows.
    • Fixed unit card unit info not appearing for Orc Volunteers and Goblin Volunteers.
    • Fixed Rhudaur Archers 'unattached bow' condition
    • Fixed Mumakil archers fire arms sound.
    • Fixed several more 'silver surfer' bugs
    • Fixed Lorien settlement upgrade bug that occured when upgrading to cities and large cities, vanilla generic settlements were used instead of the new Elven settlements by Emperor of Hell
    • Added Elite Dunedain Rangers to the HE roster.
    • Improved Immortal Nazgul script. Removed Nazgul ring trait, added description to ancillary. Presence of ring tested by script, not ancillary trigger.
    • Removed the Additional Nazgul script. Totally redundant as MOS starts with all nine Nazgul.
    • Reorganized optional script order of appearance to streamline the selection process; rewrote event triggers to make them more efficient
    • Implemented 4 tier road system by MIKE GOLF
    • Changed hording message title from 'Mordor annihilated' to 'Faction Annihilated' and replaced Mordor message with a generic message hinting that a horde may emerge.
    • Updated region numbers in the Beacons of Gondor script, reward should work now; Fixed Theoden appearing as Lord of the Dead when aiding Gondor.
    • Removed Hungary faction icon in Faction Standing Scroll
    • Fixed Start with Arnor script, banners not being changed for AI player
    • Added starting garrison to Henneth Annun
    • Added starting garrison to Barad Dur
    • Removed ability to recruit Ithilien units in Cirith Ungol, added to Minas Morgul.
    • Edited code in the DCI scripting to fix Silvan Elves receiving incorrect religion
    • Added code to the DCI script to include the Lorien Elves religion assignment
    • Added Counter Invasion script to the read me file
    • Unique buildings cards improved by Trailhog250
    • New portraits added for generals compiled by MIKE GOLF
    • New Pelargir unit info ui's by Trailhog250
    • Ancillaries available for Dunland and Lorien Elves by MIKE GOLF
    • New banner ancillaries for Arnor, Dunland and Lorien Elves by MIKE GOLF
    • RR/RC unit balancing by Trailhog250
    • Removed text from sunrise sky textures by MIKE GOLF
    • Fiefdom traits, family trees, and ancillaries for Eriador/Arnor and Rohan by MIKE GOLF
    On behalf of all the MOS team, Enjoy!

Notes:
    1. MOS v1.4 is not save game compatible.
    2. The GameFront site is working for me at least, I am sure that Tree Knee will add it to his site as soon as he is aware of its existance.
    3. If you are not using MOS v1.4 and are having technical issues, please upgrade to MOS v1.4 before posting such issues. Many of these issues have been fixed in v1.4 and may not be listed in the change log.
    4. If you have the beta version of MOS v1.4, you will need to download the release version, many issues raised by the beta testers were fixed in the final version and some new features added.

Link to Expanded Map Mod and Enhanced Ancillaries Mod by MIKE GOLF
    Last edited by Stylix; November 06, 2012 at 08:15 AM.

usmarine2be's Avatar Miles

Awesome! Thanks MOS Team for all the hard work!

is the patch for expanded map?