Page 3 of 373 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    thanks.. so Elfs remain too expensive
    And Elves should be too expensive.. Or otherwise, instead of a Dark Lord, we would have A Dark Queen!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.3 for Third Age 3.2.. Version 1.4 coming to you soon!!

thanks.. so Elfs remain too expensive
    Elves are balanced just where they should be.
    The High Elven faction is considered by many to be the easiest faction to play.
    The units cost more than some other factions, but require fewer units to accomplish the goal.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Yikes, death to my post count also. I had almost 200 posts there.
    Strength and Honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryric View Post
    Yikes, death to my post count also. I had almost 200 posts there.
    Welcome noob!

Judging by the changelog, I guess the basic Gondorian levies aren't being added? Makes sense I suppose, at that point the entire roster would be wiped, or near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DaysBefore View Post
    Judging by the changelog, I guess the basic Gondorian levies aren't being added? Makes sense I suppose, at that point the entire roster would be wiped, or near enough.
    No, currently we are satisfied with the basic Gondor Militia and Gondor Archer Militia and how they perform on the battlefield, we did however substitute the ui's from Taro M's units which makes the Gondorian roster look incredibly uniform across the board.

yay gondor should be uniform its about the last thing they still have from numenor

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Is it intentional that some factions such as Mordor instantly take Walled Garrisoned cities right at the start without properly sieging the settlement first?

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Is it intentional that some factions such as Mordor instantly take Walled Garrisoned cities right at the start without properly sieging the settlement first?
    Yes, that is from the script included in TATW and created by KK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Yes, that is from the script included in TATW and created by KK.
    Is there a reason why it doesnt happen with the AI Gondor regarding Cair Andros? They dont seem to get Cair Andros right at the start but an army does spawn there and siege it first.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    And Elves should be too expensive.. Or otherwise, instead of a Dark Lord, we would have A Dark Queen!
    haha nice one... but this is too much o a problem in custom battles...

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Elves are balanced just where they should be.
    The High Elven faction is considered by many to be the easiest faction to play.
    The units cost more than some other factions, but require fewer units to accomplish the goal.
    Yeah I got that. But it isnt too much fun to play with 400 elfs against 4000 orks is it?

Yeah I got that. But it isnt too much fun to play with 400 elfs against 4000 orks is it?
    Its supposed to be that way, Elves were on decline, huge decline during that time of the third age, they were leaving.

The elves unit stats are also excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Is there a reason why it doesnt happen with the AI Gondor regarding Cair Andros? They dont seem to get Cair Andros right at the start but an army does spawn there and siege it first.
    Yes, Cair Andros starts with a garrison and is a much more important target strategically then the other settlements that are in the script. As I stated before, this is part of TATW and I assume was done for play balancing. It would give Gondor too big of an advantage if they could just walk in and take it.

Sounds a little unfair to me, for the orcs.

ummm, yea I came back to see if anyone had any answers about what happens when Sauran is resurrected and how hard he is 2 kill...the thread is gone :?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    No, currently we are satisfied with the basic Gondor Militia and Gondor Archer Militia and how they perform on the battlefield, we did however substitute the ui's from Taro M's units which makes the Gondorian roster look incredibly uniform across the board.
    Good to know, it would be a shame to entirely eliminate the standard Gondorian roster. I would assume there is no chance of still inserting the levy units as the absolute bottom of the barrel, and making the Militia units a mid-level choice?

I think that Gondor is well represented unit wise. More so than any other faction, their militia units perform well in the field and to add another militia type unit is a bit of overkill. Also, as Taro continues to release his units we will include the ones that the team feels would add the best value both in appearance and in terms of game balance. There is a limit to the amount of units in the game (500) so that is another reason we have to be somewhat careful in adding units. We are also looking at additional units for other factions as well so as not to concentrate fully on Gondor.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

From the current change log it looks like you aren't going to include some of Spice Masters work? I thought some of it would fit perfectly in. And the Dunland one would maybe not but the units would and Dunland definitely needs some love. They actually also need a goal in the same category as reforging Arnor. It could be restore the Gwaithuirim and be about regaining their former strength much like Arnor or the Elven kingdoms. It would also be nice if Dunland could get units from Isengard.
    I watch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    ummm, yea I came back to see if anyone had any answers about what happens when Sauran is resurrected and how hard he is 2 kill...the thread is gone :?
    Sauron spawns as a general with a full stack of pitiful orcs, I am unsure if more stacks spawn but I know that he definitely comes with a hefty army. Sauron himself acts like a very strong troll or Mumakil unit. He will walk over infantry and knock them all down.

Sauron will destroy infantry, cavalry and archers. However he has a MAJOR weakness to pikemen and javelin throwers as he is a 'monster' unit. So if you see him, build pikemen and pray.

I am fairly certain that Sauron does not become the faction leader, but he probably does join the family tree. I can not say for certain as I am loath to play as Mordor.

As a final note, Sauron isn't too bad and I personally have killed him thrice, twice in Arnor campaigns and once with the High Elves.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; November 04, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I think that Gondor is well represented unit wise. More so than any other faction, their militia units perform well in the field and to add another militia type unit is a bit of overkill. Also, as Taro continues to release his units we will include the ones that the team feels would add the best value both in appearance and in terms of game balance. There is a limit to the amount of units in the game (500) so that is another reason we have to be somewhat careful in adding units. We are also looking at additional units for other factions as well so as not to concentrate fully on Gondor.
    As I said before: I recommend replacing the vanilla Gondor roster with Taro's units. I gave them some work (included them in my submod) and imo they now look the part. They are, after all, fully upgradeable.