Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

One LAST thing. It would be cool if Boromir's regiment were Wardens of the White Tower...because he is the High Warden of the White Tower.

Default Third age: Total war + MoS campaign startup problem

the game works perfectly but jumps back to single player screen when launching an campaign/battle/scenario
    i have:
    Windows 7, Medieval 2 + kingdoms, third age mod 3.2 and MoS sub-mod 1.41.

on launch it gives an error message ( which i cannot post since i have not yet passed 4 posts ).

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian349 View Post
    One LAST thing. It would be cool if Boromir's regiment were Wardens of the White Tower...because he is the High Warden of the White Tower.
    Pretty much all of the Gondorian extra units are created by Taro_M, so your best bet on the look changes is to ask him. MOS obviously has the know how to change it but a minor change like that will be more successful if you go through his thread. The duplicate swan Knights (I am fairly certain) is because Imrahil's bodyguard unit is 'unique' form trainable Swan Knights but in order to get it you have to put up with it being in the custom battle. Wardens will probably never be added for balance reasons and the creators of MOS said they don't want too many units filling the same roles. Lastly (it may have been you who asked a few days ago, I forget), it is very easy to add any units to the game that you want and also it isn't very difficult to change unit bodyguards, so if the desire is burning inside of you to change things, then change them. Everyone here is remarkable helpful and if you get stuck someone will always help.

As a personal note to back up my point, I always allow Arnor to train units that can be trained in gondorian unique settlements so when I come to Gondor's aid after walking the north (seriously their campaign is so easy) I can train units from Dol Amroth and fountain Guard et cetera! makes it great fun!

Best of luck.

Default Re: Third age: Total war + MoS campaign startup problem

Quote Originally Posted by dutchyHD View Post
    the game works perfectly but jumps back to single player screen when launching an campaign/battle/scenario
    i have:
    Windows 7, Medieval 2 + kingdoms, third age mod 3.2 and MoS sub-mod 1.41.

on launch it gives an error message ( which i cannot post since i have not yet passed 4 posts ).

Have you run Cleaner.bat file found in ..mods\ Third_Age_3 folder?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Pretty much all of the Gondorian extra units are created by Taro_M, so your best bet on the look changes is to ask him.
    Yeah, I perused his thread and was thoroughly impressed with his work. It was, for the most part, what made me want to get the MOS mod. I may have to bring those nit-picks to his attention, if he is not already aware of them.

Also, thanks for the explanation, never understood that before.

And, while I respect the MOS creators views on the Wardens, I must say that they are fairly balanced. All that needs to be done to make them balanced is have them come at a high cost, like Elven units which, if you discredit cost, are imbalanced. And also reduce the unit size (which Taro_M already stated they would be at half a normal units size).

I also think that they do fill an important niche in the Gondorian forces. While all Gondorian troops are versatile, strong and relatively cheap, they still don't have units that excel at a single role, a unit that, while expensive, can act as a reliable lynch-pin that a commander can use in a critical position in his army composition. There needs to be a troop that can be relied on to do what they are tasked to do in a specific role when supported. Gondor has no such unit. So if there is a moment where your entire battle plan relies on one point in your formation holding then the Wardens of the White Tower would be the unit to use, a strong, reliable, elite sword and board unit. But a unit that would be too expensive and few in number to use in any other degree. I dunno, just my take-away.

And I only brought it up here for multiplayer stuff. If I added them in myself then they would have to be added in on every other players end that I play with.

But if I do end up giving it a go with them then I know I will find everything I need to know about doing it just from rummaging around on these forums. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian349 View Post
    Yeah, I perused his thread and was thoroughly impressed with his work. It was, for the most part, what made me want to get the MOS mod. I may have to bring those nit-picks to his attention, if he is not already aware of them.

Also, thanks for the explanation, never understood that before.

And, while I respect the MOS creators views on the Wardens, I must say that they are fairly balanced. All that needs to be done to make them balanced is have them come at a high cost, like Elven units which, if you discredit cost, are imbalanced. And also reduce the unit size (which Taro_M already stated they would be at half a normal units size).

I also think that they do fill an important niche in the Gondorian forces. While all Gondorian troops are versatile, strong and relatively cheap, they still don't have units that excel at a single role, a unit that, while expensive, can act as a reliable lynch-pin that a commander can use in a critical position in his army composition. There needs to be a troop that can be relied on to do what they are tasked to do in a specific role when supported. Gondor has no such unit. So if there is a moment where your entire battle plan relies on one point in your formation holding then the Wardens of the White Tower would be the unit to use, a strong, reliable, elite sword and board unit. But a unit that would be too expensive and few in number to use in any other degree. I dunno, just my take-away.

And I only brought it up here for multiplayer stuff. If I added them in myself then they would have to be added in on every other players end that I play with.

But if I do end up giving it a go with them then I know I will find everything I need to know about doing it just from rummaging around on these forums. Thanks mate.
    Anything for a fellow New Zealander. If you need any help, ask away.

Default Re: Third age: Total war + MoS campaign startup problem

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Have you run Cleaner.bat file found in ..mods\ Third_Age_3 folder?
    yes, and re-installed it (twice)
    TATW works fine without MoS.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by infe View Post
    Have the same problem as lunchbox76 cant launch the game. Getting D:\G5BAISwitcher.vbs message and that it can't find Kingdoms.exe.
    If you do not use the default install path for the mod, you will have to modify the Third Age.bat and the TATW.cfg files and replace the default paths with your customized paths (folder names).
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

i get the message; ''access denied'' when trying to run cleaner.bat file, and when i try to run it as admin it says that it cannot find kingdoms.exe and that it can't find G5BAISwitcher.vbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchyHD View Post
    i get the message; ''access denied'' when trying to run cleaner.bat file, and when i try to run it as admin it says that it cannot find kingdoms.exe and that it can't find G5BAISwitcher.vbs.

1. Is your M2TW steam or non steam version?
    3. What MOS installation version are you using, the MOS 1.41 Full Installer, or the one with more parts?
    4. Where is your M2TW installed? Give us the exact folder destination.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

So I have been trying to edit the game files, mostly just the descr_stat and Glorfindels custom character portrait. But everytime I do I always get some error, or access denied message. this never happened with 1.3. Is this some limitation set by the team? I don't plan on making my little add on's public so as far as I know there is no need to get permission.

Also for the record, I finally got 1.41 downloaded. I just ended up using the default path set by the installer instead of placing it elsewhere.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

enable full access to the med 2 folder The Forgotten and what your describing should go away and no it was not set by the MOS team

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you very much for the quick reply. +rep

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    welcome to the nightmare the modelDB just refuses to work sometimes something always goes wrong..

did you add +1 to the number at the top of the file for each unit you wanted to activate?

*inner voice 1* you should really go look at the MOS modelDB before advising people***
    *inner voice 2* it will be fine this is the solution that solved your 6 hr long problem ***
    *inner voice 1* you FOOL! don't you know about pride before a fall and all that there will be no +rep for you in this endeavour***

but seriously if it's an instant crash the first thing that comes to mind is the registry number
    knight of meh, i did not forget to change the number at the top of the file adding +1 for each unit (or upgrade of unit) added.
    It´s really weird... for instance, if i simply open de modelDB file and only, but only try to save it (without making any kind of modification), once saved when i initiate the game it crahes. I think i´m doing something wrong when saving the modelDB file. Perhaps should i create a .BAT file???.
    Thanks for trying to help me (i realize that you are Irish.... my grandfather was from Éire too )
    Last edited by lordargento; March 10, 2013 at 08:32 PM.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    knight of meh, i did not forget to change the number at the top of the file adding +1 for each unit (or upgrade of unit) added.
    It´s really weird... for instance, if i simply open de modelDB file and only, but only try to save it (without making any kind of modification), once asaved qwhen i initiaste the game it crassaheas. I think i´m doing saomething qwrong qwhen asving the modelCB file.
    Thanks for trying to help me (i realize that you are Irish.... my grandfather was from Éire too )
    that sounds really strange... so you don't do anything but save it and you get a crash?

are you using notepad++ it's free and may help as it was made to altar code and if you are using notepad++ i have no idea whats going on

Decanus

Exactly, the problem always originates when saving. I´ll try with notepad++
    Thank you once again, you deserve a Rep for your aid. Tomorrow perhaps i´ll have good news to share.

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Exactly, the problem always originates when saving. I´ll try with notepad++
    Thank you once again, you deserve a Rep for your aid. Tomorrow perhaps i´ll have good news to share.
    I know and feel your pain, when MOS 1.41 first came, I made some changes to Arnor recruitment, and the game was having none of it. These were changes I made to 1.3 with no problem. So I did what you have done, and tested it with the smallest change (just saving the model file) and it would always crash. In the end, I gave up, I re-installed twice, re-downloaded once and it would not let me alter that file. So very strange. I have not tried it recently, however.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Hey guys, this is concerning Arnor. When Eriador changes into Arnor the faction remains under the name "Free Peoples of Eriador" and the faction colour remains green. Someone had edited the "descr_sm_factions" file so that Eriador was called Arnor and the map colour changed to black. Unfortunately this was only compatible with vanilla TA and not MOS. Can anybody with the know-how edit the descr_sm_factions file and upload it to the forums? T'would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Hey guys, this is concerning Arnor. When Eriador changes into Arnor the faction remains under the name "Free Peoples of Eriador" and the faction colour remains green. Someone had edited the "descr_sm_factions" file so that Eriador was called Arnor and the map colour changed to black. Unfortunately this was only compatible with vanilla TA and not MOS. Can anybody with the know-how edit the descr_sm_factions file and upload it to the forums? T'would be greatly appreciated!
    FARLancher. Since you probably havent read you dont know what that is sp search your Third_Age_3 folder for this file.

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Use the FAR Launcher .