Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Izualik's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Well, if it works, ignore my answer to your PM.

Sometimes it requires to reinstall even M2TW + Kingdoms, it happened to me once too, I was installing one submod, but due to drinking few extra beers that evening, I installed it in Kingdoms folder

You can give another try to reinstalling TATW+MOS.. delete Third_Age_3 folder ( or rename it if you have vanilla TATW installed there, rename it to Third_Age_3_2) and install TATW+MOS again, but, run ALL INSTALLERS as Administrator this time ( you know, right mouse click on Installer and Run as Adm..)

Good luck!
    Believe I try these steps at least 10times But I will a try to that stuff as Adm.., I think that could work and if not I guess I m will be force to reistall it whole.
    Thanks for your time.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Erm. I think I may have found the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Also, it's not really relevant to MOS and will make me sound even dumber. Where should I direct my inquiries about how to go about patching Kingdoms to 1.5?

Please don't just link me to the patch downloads. It's more complicated than "I can't find the patches" and the thread with the links is closed so I'm not sure where to ask.
    specify your problem my friend?
    it's as simple as down load the relevant patch for your game and run it ..

i found this better laid out if it helps.. it tells you what language and version (gold etc ) the patch is for

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ansion-Patches
    Last edited by knight of meh; March 01, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

In an attempt to fix stability, and perhaps install MOS correctly, I'm trying to install the 1.5 patch. (For the record, I plan to do a clean install of TATW+MOS once I get the patch.) The problem is that I've got M2TW+Kingdoms on Steam, which is supposed to patch automatically. Except it won't because no matter what I do, it refuses to recognize that I have an internet connection. So I tried the manual downloads, both Gold and non-Gold, and neither will take because "This retail update cannot be applied to the steam version."

guh steam... the bane of the mildly knowledgeable gamer..

i would recommend you contact steam support or e-mail them as steam is a digital download and afaik you cannot download a patch that is compatible with there version . You could ask nicely if they could host it of gamefront for you to try

the only other digital patches i know of are amazon and D2D but i don't think that will help you .. sorry i couldn't help

hi everybody i have a problem with MOS
    I installed 1,3 1,4 and 1,41 and did the cleaner for al patches but it won't start i get the screen for a second and then it closes down
    what to do ?

Domesticus

Total random aside since Steam is being mentioned, but I dearly wish people would stop that crap. The gold edition of Medieval 2 is 10$ on Amazon, why dont people want physical gaming? All this damn online stuff ruins gaming for me since im on dial up, and I think it will ruin gaming PERIOD. Eventually all these big companies who are obsessed with intellectual property, DLC, all that, will make modding impossible, and because of this online crap, they'll easily see what youre doing. See if youve done the unholy and modded a game. They dont make money off of people like us playing old games with new life breathed into them. They dont make money when modders make superior versions of their own stuff

But im being offtopic I just like saying that to everybody. Get my agenda across whenever I see it

But to be ontopic, does the Cleaner.bat come with this or TATW? And looking forward to playing

BTW, should I play a campagn with vanilla TATW, or just start with MOS? Is there a major game difference?

to run with you train of thought you do realize companies could make games unmoddable if they truly wished? and if the worst comes we will just run to companies like Bethesda ad the others won't make money that will teach them

- also it is sometimes hard to find med 2 and kingdoms amazon didn't always stock it and for other old awesome games that don't have things like TATW to bring people back to it digital sownloads are viable and welcomed

-cleaner.bat comes with MOS
    -you can play vanilla if you want but MOS is very different..

Domesticus

I think thats what they are already doing though The recent TW games are appaently very hard to mod outside of their set game...and ive heard others are too. Bethesda doesnt matter though, because for one thing, WB killed the LOTR mod for Skyrim(no previous IP based mods allowed EVER, that'll probably be expanded into no mods based on anything similar. Wanna make Medieval 2 have a Japan or Colonial mod? BANNED), so forth. Im probably just freaking out. And thats true...ive had very good luck getting older or more unpopular games on Amazon though, for cheap. But I imagine that some dont

Oh well, what should I expect differently from the vanilla TATW in MOS? What im asking is, should I try Vanilla first and then install MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Oh well, what should I expect differently from the vanilla TATW in MOS? What im asking is, should I try Vanilla first and then install MOS?
    Yes you should play Vanilla TATW fist the change are pretty big in MOS.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

The mod runs great for me but I do have a few minor things that are an annoyance to say the least...For some reason when playing as the Free people of Middle Earth many of the units such as Lumbermen, Wood Hunters, and all the Hobbit units + more do not have any sounds when you click them. And by that I mean they dont say what their unit is called or a generic line like "light infantry" "heavy infantry" etc. They still say lines when I click on defense mode skirmish or other buttons. (like I said not a huge deal but still annoying) Any easy way to fix this at all? Or has this happen or been noticed by anyone else? I seem recall earlier when I played the High Elves all of their units spoke properly and what not. And is there any way to get the turns down from the usual 2-4 mins to 30 secs or 1 min?
    Last edited by Vice; March 02, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

EDIT: damn double posting error!
    Last edited by Vice; March 02, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir51 View Post
    hi everybody i have a problem with MOS
    I installed 1,3 1,4 and 1,41 and did the cleaner for al patches but it won't start i get the screen for a second and then it closes down
    what to do ?
    Hi there and welcome to TWC forums!

Wrong installation mate..

Answer these few questions so we could help you get started.

1. What Windows do you have?
    2. Is your M2TW steam or non steam version?
    3. What MOS installation version are you using, the MOS 1.41 Full Installer, or the one with more parts? ( I see you said 1.3, 1.4 and 1.41, but stil just to be sure is it the version with more Installers as you say, and not the MOS 1.41 Full Installer )
    4. Where is your M2TW installed? Give us the exact folder destination.
    5. Did your TATW work before installing MOS? And do you have all four TATW parts installed, TATW 3.0 part 1 and part 2, TATW patch 3.1, and TATW patch 3.2 ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Decanus

Is there any chance of having more units (like in FRoGS) included into this marvelou mod?.
    Thank you in advance for you answer.

Help with unit cards please. Can someone please tell me instructions to change the MOS version of Dunedain Rangers unit card back to the original 3.2 as I am afraid I prefer the original look.
    Thanks!

thank you for responding to my question

1. Windows vista
    2. non steam versioen
    3. i used the one with more parts
    4. program files/SEGA/M2TW/MODDS/THIRD_AGE_3
    5. my TATW worked before i installed MOS and i installed TATW 3,0 3,1 and 3,2
    ps: when i download MOS 1,3 it works fine I only have trouble with patches 1.4 and 1.41

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir51 View Post
    thank you for responding to my question

1. Windows vista
    2. non steam versioen
    3. i used the one with more parts
    4. program files/SEGA/M2TW/MODDS/THIRD_AGE_3
    5. my TATW worked before i installed MOS and i installed TATW 3,0 3,1 and 3,2
    ps: when i download MOS 1,3 it works fine I only have trouble with patches 1.4 and 1.41

thx
    1. Go here and apply step 3 from section How to fix it for your main M2TW folder ( Program Files\SEGA\M2TW ).

2. Uninstall MOS using Start\ All Programs\ MOS 1.4 Uninstall, and uninstall TATW using Control Panel\ Uninstall program.

3. Delete manually Third_Age_3 folder in your Program Files\SEGA\M2TW\mods folder.

4. Unhide hidden folders:
    On your DESKTOP, click on START in the bottom left corner, in Search Programs and Files type in Folder Options, click on Folder Options, go to VIEW section, and in Hidden files and folders check the box next to SHOW hidden files, folders or drives. Apply, and OK.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

5. BEFORE installing Third Age again, go to Virtual store ( C:\ Users\ [user name or your PC`s name]\ AppData\ Local\ VirtualStore\ Program Files\ Medieval 2 Total War\ mods folder), and delete Third_Age_3 folder found there. ( if it is not there, then you are good to go with the next step).

6. Install all four TATW parts - TATW part 1 and part 2, TATW patch 3.1 and TATW patch 3.2 ( CHECK the INSTALLATION paths carefully for ALL Installers, in your case it is Program Files\SEGA\M2TW) Check does TATW work so you can continue with installing MOS.

( Optional step: If you have extra space on your hard drive, then make a copy of this fresh Third_Age_3 folder as a backup in case you need it for another submod, or if you screw up things )

7. Install MOS ( if you are using installation version with more than one Installer as you said, then run Cleaner.bat file after installing every part, MOS 1.3 - Cleaner.bat - MOS 1.4 - Cleaner.bat - MOS 1.41 - Cleaner.bat ) AND, be sure to check the installation path carefully, and point MOS Installer\s to Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3 .

Good luck!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; March 02, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

michell's Avatar Tiro

Hmm
    I havnt Dark Lord but I have Pope playing Mordor after MOS installation. Have you this issue too?

Quote Originally Posted by michell View Post
    Hmm
    I havnt Dark Lord but I have Pope playing Mordor after MOS installation. Have you this issue too?
    the Dark lord pope style is intended (that's how invasions work)

Sauron the general is resurrected if the ring is brought to mount doom by an evil faction

michell's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    the Dark lord pope style is intended (that's how invasions work)

Sauron the general is resurrected if the ring is brought to mount doom by an evil faction
    Yes, I understand it, I have played Mordor and finished this campaign vanilla Thid Age. But after MOS installation I havnt Dark Lord "pope style"- I have the Pope literary and cardinals collegium option.
    Last edited by michell; March 02, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Any news of new version 1.5?