Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

I tried to find the files in order to delete them, they aren't there. (Hidden Files are showing)

By the way, with the Eriador becomes Arnor script, how does it work? I don't see it working or doing anything.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Okay, so here are a few more stupid questions that I think I know the answer to but am not sure so I'll ask you guys anyway.

I got to turn 300 playing as Harad. I understand that Ring events are random, but none had occurred at all, and Sauron didn't return to fulfill his function as the Dark Pope. Also, I played 100 turns in an FPoE campaign and the only units available to recruit, ever, were 1 unit of Battle-Ready Dunedain with high-level barracks. Also also, have most of the event announcement/video messages been removed?

Are these things, perhaps, indicative of a bad install?

Unrelated: I see that there are a bunch of optional scripts listed for MOS and they appear on the front page of this thread as well. How exactly does one go about activating them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Okay, so here are a few more stupid questions that I think I know the answer to but am not sure so I'll ask you guys anyway.

I got to turn 300 playing as Harad. I understand that Ring events are random, but none had occurred at all, and Sauron didn't return to fulfill his function as the Dark Pope. Also, I played 100 turns in an FPoE campaign and the only units available to recruit, ever, were 1 unit of Battle-Ready Dunedain with high-level barracks. Also also, have most of the event announcement/video messages been removed?

Are these things, perhaps, indicative of a bad install?

Unrelated: I see that there are a bunch of optional scripts listed for MOS and they appear on the front page of this thread as well. How exactly does one go about activating them?
    All your questions combined make me think that your install is indeed bad:
    - Ring events should occur every once and a while, 300 turns without event is not normal (I think)
    - Bad recruitment of FPoE was indicated previously as bad install, I think
    - MOS scripts appear right after the intro movie after a new campaign has been started. If you haven't got them, I'm really afraid you'll have to re-install...

Again, I'm not 100% sure but I'd say you'll have to re-install...

Izualik's Avatar Foederatus

Still noone knows what s the reason why the scripts and the whole MOS is not working on my install?
    I m so desperate that I m willing to let someone control my pc and check it...
    No hope left for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Izualik View Post
    Still noone knows what s the reason why the scripts and the whole MOS is not working on my install?
    I m so desperate that I m willing to let someone control my pc and check it...
    No hope left for me...
    Well, you can reinstall whole M2TW and Kingdoms, and give another try to TATW+MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by franznikoforos View Post
    Still it does not work, sadly.

If anybody want to help, I can send them via private mail my 2 preference files (TATW and Medieval) to check what's wrong...
    I think MOS is not playable in Hotseat.. I never tried it so don`t know how to make it work.
    Do you have Windows 7, 8 or Vista?
    Have you checked Virtual Store for medieval2.preference .CFG file ?

Unhide hidden folders:
    On your DESKTOP, click on START in the bottom left corner, in Search Programs and Files type in Folder Options, click on Folder Options, go to VIEW section, and in Hidden files and folders check the box next to SHOW hidden files, folders or drives. Apply, and OK.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Go to Virtual store ( C:\ Users\ [user name or your PC`s name]\ AppData\ Local\ VirtualStore\ Program Files (x86)\ Medieval 2 Total War ) and check is your medieval2.preference .CFG file there. And, if you do have this Medieval 2 Total War folder there in Virtual Store, yoo should delete it, it interfers with your main M2TW and other submods.
    First, go here and apply step 3 from section How to fix it for your main M2TW folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War ).

Then, delete this Medieval 2 Total War folder located in Virtual Store:
    C:\ Users\ [user name or your PC`s name]\ AppData\ Local\ VirtualStore\ Program Files (x86)\ Medieval 2 Total War.

After that, you can start one campaign in M2TW just to get new and fresh medieval2.preference .CFG file.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; February 28, 2013 at 08:47 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by franznikoforos View Post
    just bought new computer, less than 20 secs per turn
    i have a great computer and it still does that...
    Been a long time hasn't it?

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

oh yeah i could post this and not my post i got some big problems

Mos 1.41 doesn't work properly. 1.3 does. it doesn't load scipts in the beginning of new campaign. i got no folder in virtual store and i can see my hidden files. i got full control of medieval 2 folder so i see no problems here.
    I used 1.3 in parts with patches and full 1.41

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick13 View Post
    i have a great computer and it still does that...
    does your computer have more than one core?

because med 2 only uses one.. that right there is my problem

Ignore my posts. I fixed problem. It seems i needed fresh install of EVERYTHING! sorry for spaming you but i was desperate

Izualik's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Well, you can reinstall whole M2TW and Kingdoms, and give another try to TATW+MOS.
    Bro...believe I wanna play it so hard....
    There s no sense to reinstall whole M2TW and Kingdoms + TATW and lost 2hours of my life , cause TATW is working properly without MOS.
    I would rather let you to remote control my PC and check it out if you you think that you will find out the problem.

Ignore my posts. I fixed problem. It seems i needed fresh install of EVERYTHING! sorry for spaming you but i was desperate
    How do you mean everything? TATW and MOS or also M2TW and Kngdoms?

Mos 1.41 doesn't work properly. 1.3 does. it doesn't load scipts in the beginning of new campaign. i got no folder in virtual store and i can see my hidden files. i got full control of medieval 2 folder so i see no problems here.
    I used 1.3 in parts with patches and full 1.41
    For me the same except that not even 1.3 dont work properly and also I also use whole 1.41 instaler and 1.3 and patches to 1.4 and 1.41 to see if it makes diffrence, but still nothing.
    Last edited by Izualik; February 28, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alivekovich View Post
    Well, if it works, ignore my answer to your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izualik View Post
    Bro...believe I wanna play it so hard....
    There s no sense to reinstall whole M2TW and Kingdoms + TATW and lost 2hours of my life , cause TATW is working properly without MOS.
    I would rather let you to remote control my PC and check it out if you you think that you will find out the problem.

Sometimes it requires to reinstall even M2TW + Kingdoms, it happened to me once too, I was installing one submod, but due to drinking few extra beers that evening, I installed it in Kingdoms folder

You can give another try to reinstalling TATW+MOS.. delete Third_Age_3 folder ( or rename it if you have vanilla TATW installed there, rename it to Third_Age_3_2) and install TATW+MOS again, but, run ALL INSTALLERS as Administrator this time ( you know, right mouse click on Installer and Run as Adm..)

Good luck!

EDIT: My work on battle cards..

Last edited by ElvenKind; May 30, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have been playing vanilla 3.2 the last two days because of the DaC beta test and I find the AI MUCH better in 3.2 than in MOS. They are attacking much better and are giving me a challenge as they are more aggresive. Siege battles are alittle more fun also at they dont always dropp their weapon and run when you counter-attack them when they siege you. But dont get me wrong, the list of whats wrong with the AI is still long:-P

anyway, just some feedback from little me :-)
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AllianceDeath View Post
    I tried to find the files in order to delete them, they aren't there. (Hidden Files are showing)

By the way, with the Eriador becomes Arnor script, how does it work? I don't see it working or doing anything.
    One you Accept the Script A Message will appear saying that Arnor has been reforge. But you will have the same color as Eriador and Strap Map Models in order to change that you will save the game and exit it and active the FAR Launcher in the mod files . Play the game now and Arnor should have the correct color and strap map models. Btw about the files its all ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    All your questions combined make me think that your install is indeed bad:
    - Ring events should occur every once and a while, 300 turns without event is not normal (I think)
    - Bad recruitment of FPoE was indicated previously as bad install, I think
    - MOS scripts appear right after the intro movie after a new campaign has been started. If you haven't got them, I'm really afraid you'll have to re-install...

Again, I'm not 100% sure but I'd say you'll have to re-install...
    Ah. Thank you, sir. Your answer is appreciated.

But Viscount, I can't get the expanded maps mod to work then

Erm. I think I may have found the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Also, it's not really relevant to MOS and will make me sound even dumber. Where should I direct my inquiries about how to go about patching Kingdoms to 1.5?

Please don't just link me to the patch downloads. It's more complicated than "I can't find the patches" and the thread with the links is closed so I'm not sure where to ask.

Domesticus

Just to make sure since im getting this, the MOS 1.41 Full Install.exe download from the website is all I need besides TATW 3.2, correct?

Just making sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Just to make sure since im getting this, the MOS 1.41 Full Install.exe download from the website is all I need besides TATW 3.2, correct?

Just making sure
    Yup that's all . Don't Forget to Run the Cleaner.bat file once you finish installation.

Quote Originally Posted by AllianceDeath View Post
    But Viscount, I can't get the expanded maps mod to work then
    Ohhh I See. Well talk to ElvenKind or Any of the Team members They know a lot more than I do. Goodluck
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; February 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM.