Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

from the MOS read me -
    - Mysterious Documents (Isengard)
    Overview: This script allows Isengard to begin research on new 'super weapons'.
    How it works: If this script is accepted, 50 turns later another event message will appear asking the player if Isengard should be allowed to build the 'super weapons' it has successfully researched. This can be accepted or rejected. If accepted, Isengard will receive an army near Isengard consisting of a general, one unit of Uruk-Hai Infantry, two units of Uruk-Hai Bomb and three units of Rocket Launcher. This is a one-time event.

- Mysterious Documents (Rhun)
    Overview: This script allows Rhun to begin research on new 'super weapons'.
    How it works: If this script is accepted, 80 turns later another event message will appear asking the player if Rhun should be allowed to build the 'super weapons' it has successfully researched. This can be accepted or rejected. If accepted, Rhun will receive an army near Mistrand consisting of a general, one unit of Rhunnic Elite Infantry and four units of Rhunnic Flamethrower. This is a one-time event.
    also does the battle crash right at the start (loading deployment phase) or is it when you have started the battle+if it is in the battle are you seeing significant lag?(on and of or just before the crash)
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 23, 2013 at 05:10 AM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Previously it would crash during the deployment phase,but on the battle I described it doesn't even allow me to enter the battlefield as it stops right at the end of the loading screen.
    Well if there's no solution i could auto-resolve but i guess that i'll lose much more men,as they have way more soldiers (Goblins vs Elves) :/

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Did you disable UAC for the M2TW folder before installing MOS?
    yes i disabled the UAC when i installed third age total war

it sounds like one of your hardware resources is the problem... maybe lowering the settings shadows unit detail etc..although if you have a good setup you may want to look at this

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ing-experience!)

as a second option look through this

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oken-savegames

some good points here about stability
    an example
    4) disable the advisor - crucial to maintain battle stability
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 23, 2013 at 05:38 AM.

Its not that its just i dont really wanna adopt new family members and the kids take forever to grow up....

Thought I had a good setup,but lowering the graphics fixed the problem \o/ Thanks a lot,the battle ended up in a pure orc-slaughter ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BleuAzur View Post
    Thought I had a good setup,but lowering the graphics fixed the problem \o/ Thanks a lot,the battle ended up in a pure orc-slaughter ^^
    just be aware Med 2 only uses one core, it's and old game, so you could have a good set up but it's not being totally utilized

also med 2 isn't large address aware so it only uses 2GB of addressed memory

glad i helped

I had to lower my graphics and its much stable now. I will be getting a new graphics card in the next few months then boy am i turning them up...

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Its not that its just i dont really wanna adopt new family members and the kids take forever to grow up....
    That's one of my gripes with 12 turns per year but I already get use to waiting almost 100+ turns to see my child become a full grown man.

I just im just impatient...
    I need some of that ent water. Insta grow... lol

If some of you wants 4 turns per year back, follow this.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

ElvenKind being awesome because the rest of us just don't know how

+rep
    and adding this to my Elvenkind referral folder(just started this) encase people ask

Edit: is the star thing the rep button now?

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    ElvenKind being awesome because the rest of us just don't know how

+rep
    and adding this to my Elvenkind referral folder(just started this) encase people ask

Edit: is the star thing the rep button now?
    Thanks for the rep.

Star thing is indeed rep button.... for now. Or at least I hope so.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

After a lot of Gondor campaigns on different difficulty levels, I'm getting bored with my current one medium/very hard (very hard for battles). Gondor is in the beginning very difficult, even on medium, but now I'm just holding myself from destroying Mordor without much trouble.
    I want to play with a "good" faction and have little more difficult game as the current one so which faction and with what difficulty settings I should play?

first people i'd like to express my total gratitude for the creation of this submod, this is a great improvement on an already spectacular mod. Unfortunateley mine stopped working recently, It simply goes straight to the old medieval 2 loading screen then crashes to desktop when i load it. Am in the process of reinstalling it, will my saves be compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholtae View Post
    first people i'd like to express my total gratitude for the creation of this submod, this is a great improvement on an already spectacular mod. Unfortunateley mine stopped working recently, It simply goes straight to the old medieval 2 loading screen then crashes to desktop when i load it. Am in the process of reinstalling it, will my saves be compatible?
    Yes. they should be compatible. Have you made any change to MOS files, or updated M2TW recently ?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Yes. they should be compatible. Have you made any change to MOS files, or updated M2TW recently ?
    no I don't think so, have just completed my reinstall and now all battles cause a CTD any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholtae View Post
    no I don't think so, have just completed my reinstall and now all battles cause a CTD any suggestions?
    Delete two descr_geography_new files in ...\ M2TW\ mods\ Third_Age_3\ data folder.

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    After a lot of Gondor campaigns on different difficulty levels, I'm getting bored with my current one medium/very hard (very hard for battles). Gondor is in the beginning very difficult, even on medium, but now I'm just holding myself from destroying Mordor without much trouble.
    I want to play with a "good" faction and have little more difficult game as the current one so which faction and with what difficulty settings I should play?
    I would recommend High Elves. I like to play with them on H/H. The game takes off after a while (because few regions, few units) but then it gets really interesting. In my opinion it is the most flexible campaign that MOS has to offer...

If you want to play as Men, I recommend Arnor (using FAR of course ) and play it on VH/VH if you just want to complete the game (destroy OoG x OoTMM) or H/H if you want to conquer Middle Earth as a whole.

Other Elves (Lorien x Mirkwood) are, for me, most interesting at H/H...

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Delete two descr_geography_new files in ...\ M2TW\ mods\ Third_Age_3\ data folder.
    my thanks problem solved .