Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Icon9 A little help with MOS

Hi,

I have just downloaded MOS (the 1.41 full install)and i started a campaign with the Lorien Elves and none of MOS's feature's came up. (like the whether you can have immortal heroes scroll - this is an example) I was just wondering whether there is a way to fix this and any of you have experienced it

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: A little help with MOS

Quote Originally Posted by jakedove7 View Post
    Hi,

I have just downloaded MOS (the 1.41 full install)and i started a campaign with the Lorien Elves and none of MOS's feature's came up. (like the whether you can have immortal heroes scroll - this is an example) I was just wondering whether there is a way to fix this and any of you have experienced it
    Test to delete the map.rwm, found in data/world/maps/base and start the game again and a new campaign

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: A little help with MOS

Thankyou, i will give that ago now

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Hi again,

I deleted that Map.rwm file founded where you said and then proceeded to play the game but there was no change, i went back to double check the Map.rwm file was deleted but it was still there, so i deleted it again but still no change and went back to look again the file was still there?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

map.rwm is meant to regenerate that is part of it's function , did you run the cleaner.bat located in the third age folder?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It recreate itself, so it should come back hehe
    Well, open the Third_Age_3-folder and run the Cleaner (forgot MOS has one such) and restart the game again
    Don't think it solve it but worth a last shot, before I have to leave the issue on to someone with another idea

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yes i did, i ran it as soon as installed MOS

Just ran the Cleaner.bat and there will still no change, damn!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakedove7 View Post
    Just ran the Cleaner.bat and there will still no change, damn!
    Did you disable UAC for the M2TW folder before installing MOS?
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Do you think 12 turns per years might be too much?

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    I Find a Little too Much but You will get use to it or you can change it.

Wouldnt changing it screw the game up?

Wouldnt changing it screw the game up?
    Oh right I Forgot About the Scripts :/ well you will have to manage with 12 turns the good thing is that It gives you a lot of time to build up your Heroes.

I think the Good factions need some buff scripts. The Evil ones get several: Eastern Shadows, Saruman's Forces, Rhudaur Warriors. Though the first two are perfectly logical, the third somewhat overpowers the mountain Orcs (they steamrolled the Elves in my campaign quickly). However, the only real buff script the Good factions get is the Elves Depart script, which gives huge bonuses for successful Elven factions. However, as of now, Gondor, Rohan, and Dale don't get much in the way of help, and if you try to make the Evil factions logically powerful, the AI can't muster anything to stop the Evil factions. Yeah, factions like Mordor should have endless armies and high income, but the fact is with the buff scripts enabled the Evil factions -continuously- grow regardless of how well they do, while the Good ones never grow nearly as fast, and eventually the poor AI gets left in the dust. It's still challenging, but on my H/H campaign of Mordor, it's getting a little easy fighting Gondor, mostly because my allies Gundabad and Isengard rolled over Rohan and slaughtered Gondor's armies. Compared to Rhun, which has no buff scripts and who just lost its capital to Dale in turn 110, this shows that, obviously, these scripts are a little overpowering to the Evil factions if there's no Good scripts to counter them.

Cenk's Avatar Libertus

1 Turn = 1 Month, 12 Turns = 1 Year. I like it.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

are more people having this new sucky layout btw?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Yes, the forum is updated and skins couldn't be ported. It's also quite low priority right now.

There is already a better skin though, it's called test . Just open this link and you'll get it.

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ahhh much better!

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Yes, the forum is updated and skins couldn't be ported. It's also quite low priority right now.

There is already a better skin though, it's called test . Just open this link and you'll get it.
    my eyes thank you.. i don't have to squint to look at the screen anymore

Hey ! This submod is awesome and I'm enjoying playing Third Age again after being tired of it for some time ! Thanks for your work

I 've got one problem though,half of the time,the game crashes when I enter a battle.Most of the time it works after one or two tries,but one battle where OotMM sallies out of Dain's Halls against my Elves + Dwarven reinforcements just won't start,i've tried at least 5 or 6 times and it always crashes.I've tried the three solutions on the main page but it still doesn't work.
    Do you have any other tips to help me ?

Oh and while I'm at it,what does the "secret documents" submod for Isengard and Rhûn does ?