Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

sevisenturk's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

hey everyone, i am downloading a full install version of mos v1.41. do i need to install 1.3 before i do 1.41 ?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by sevisenturk View Post
    hey everyone, i am downloading a full install version of mos v1.41. do i need to install 1.3 before i do 1.41 ?
    Nope, you don`t need 1.3, that Full Install means Full Install.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    no no no silly Ulfgard there is no Thengel

you know grey haired guy .. wears a headband starts in Edoras
    OH. Okay, I see what you're saying. See, I got all confused by the wording. If you'll allow me to illustrate the source of confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    we will set it to a time where denethor is rightfull king.. eomer, eowyn, boromir and faramir are of age, probably we make theoden king and his father dead..
    Color and size mine, for reference. I was all confused because Theoden is quite frequently referred to as "Theoden King" (rather than "King Theoden" although that construction is also used) so the way it was written, I thought both were being killed off.

My mistake, but I'm happy to hear he'll still be alive to kick ass!

i love this mod!!!, great job, not that im demanding but would it be possible to create more verity for evil faction units and small details to texture, like sarumans white hand on uruk hai heavy infantry, also have all elven archery units be more accurate and deal more damage but have lesser arrows, and have mohawk dwarves like in the hobbit movie?...these are just ideas that im intrested in seeing.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    See, I got all confused by the wording.
    understandable

the important bit is MAKE Theoden king , can't make him king if there already is a king and/or they kill him of. glad one of your fav characters is still in it

and i'm gad Thengel is going to be dead (hopefully) i think it's his portrait i just don't like him

Quote Originally Posted by EpIc Ch3RRy View Post
    also have all elven archery units be more accurate and deal more damage but have lesser arrows,
    elven archers already massacre the bad guys lets not make it worse please.. at least not until the bad guys get revamped by somebody

Quote Originally Posted by EpIc Ch3RRy View Post
    and have mohawk dwarves like in the hobbit movie?...these are just ideas that im intrested in seeing.
    don't know if you have seen this but El bucle has already made mohawk dwarfs he is just waiting for permission from king kong before he releases them .
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 20, 2013 at 04:37 AM.

Can you restore the united kingdom in this mod? I am playing with Arnor from the start, and I have had Aragorn around Dunharrow for several turns and no traits have appeared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sooo, after making a fool of myself by posting this in the wrong thread, here it goes:

just reporting a possible bug: playing as Lorien, i have found the one ring, accepted to destory it and making my way towards mordor. a battle occurs just outside the black gate, as my army containing the general with the ring (who is not the leading general) attacks a small army of orcs reinforced by the black gate garrison, led by Hoarmuth of Dir (nazgule). as soon as the battle is won and the nazgul gets killed, i get the faction destroyed message for mordor and mordor loses all it's settlements. mordor had many other generals and the immortal nazgul script was enabled. i'm pretty sure what's causing this is the nazgul dying, as i repeated several versions of the battle and i got the same result only when i killed it.

now, i did search the campaign_script entries for the particular nazgul, but i didn't find anything that explains what happened. i tried to cheat kill the nazgul to see if i got the same result, but the stupid cheat won't work. i don't really mind, as i had practically won the campaing anyway, but i just thought i should let you guys know.

excellent work in this mod btw, it goes without saying but it should be reminded from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Xmecial View Post
    Can you restore the united kingdom in this mod? I am playing with Arnor from the start, and I have had Aragorn around Dunharrow for several turns and no traits have appeared.
    you can get arnor but you can't combine gondor and arnor/eriador
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

my question is still pertinent...
    i edited my post before pasting it. i had the immortal nazgul script enabled so all the nazgul were around as well as orc generals. that's what makes it so strange.

edit: got it, the guy was the faction leader. i suppose the heir had been killed in the same turn as well. i thought this had been fixed in TATW 2.0 though...
    Last edited by glassakias; February 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

oops sorry i'll edit my post removing that then cause it's quite big quoting you and all

Speaking of leadership/generals, when Mordor as AI or the player gets the Ring back and gets Sauron as a unit, does he become the leader of the faction or does the Witch-King or Dawndeath (or whoever is leading it if either of these two die or if the Heir ancillary is given to someone else) keep leadership?

I'd rather not have to kill off the Witch-King just to give Sauron his rightful place of Mordor's faction leader.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Speaking of leadership/generals, when Mordor as AI or the player gets the Ring back and gets Sauron as a unit, does he become the leader of the faction or does the Witch-King or Dawndeath (or whoever is leading it if either of these two die or if the Heir ancillary is given to someone else) keep leadership?

I'd rather not have to kill off the Witch-King just to give Sauron his rightful place of Mordor's faction leader.
    Nope The Witch-King, Dawndeath or Any of the Nazgul that is the Faction Leader stays as the Faction Leader. Sauron spawns as a General but you can make him a family member if you win a Heroic victory and adopt him and them give him the next heir ancillary that way of you leader dies he may become Faction Leader.

which if you have the immortal nazgul enabled isen't too hard

Tiro

Dude, why GameFront? Half of the world can't download from that blasted site...

Another mod passes me by. (and proxies take forever). Unless there is a mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post

If you cant download from Gamefront use this hope it helps .

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    If you cant download from Gamefront use this hope it helps .
    The link 1st Viscount provide is also in the OP

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Izualik's Avatar Foederatus

Hi guys,

I think I m gonna need a help with instalation of this MOS.
    I install a fresh TATW 3.2. (running, workin, no disabling UAC-no need)
    Then instal stand alone MOS 1.41 according to instructions at first page (no-steam-gold-retail etc.)
    Then everything installed properly, lunch the bat file, hit any keybord bar to continou and then....nothing happens only write 3 errors that some files are missing.
    What I m suppose to do? I m gona try to reinstalll it all few times, but I think that I made everything properly.

you shouldn't have to hit any key to continue..that's the cleaner not the launcher

launcher's "name" is "third age"

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The link 1st Viscount provide is also in the OP

Jeebus, it is. It be a bit hidden, but it is.

Izualik's Avatar Foederatus

you shouldn't have to hit any key to continue..that's the cleaner not the launcher

yeah i know that..but in intructions says clean it so i made it

[/QUOTE] launcher's "name" is "third age"[/QUOTE]

no way...it makes new shortcut name MOS 1.41 cause through the "third age" icon I run TATW 3.2