Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    the blue wizards were called Alatar and Pallando...

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Wizards .. too lazy to find the book reference

Rhosgobel is a settlement based on Radagast's house afaik
    I'm so ashamed I didn't remember their names...

Anyway, creators of MOS, would you consider putting them in?

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

We will wait Hero of the West for answer...if he agree than it wont be problem to make them
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

quick question (and if someone could respond quickly it would be greatly appreciated). I haven't played with MOS yet, but I noticed while watching a few videos of it that a few factions' units (Mordor mainly) have something extra included in their unit description. for example: Uruk Halberds Legio LVI Minas Morgul. is this an automatic thing? and is it only in mos? because I haven't seen it in the vanilla mod.

the blue wizards were called Alatar and Pallando...

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Wizards .. too lazy to find the book reference

Rhosgobel is a settlement based on Radagast's house afaik
    Tolkien never actually gave the blue wizards names, Alatar and Pallando are fan created names. As is any name by which you may come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I'm so ashamed I didn't remember their names...

Anyway, creators of MOS, would you consider putting them in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Would it be possible to add Radagast and the two blue guys as generals? I recall the two blue wizards (or another color, names unknown) who went East. These could possibly be added to Rhûn or so... Radagast might be a decent Silvan Elves' General, so they have at least one unit of decent cavalry...
    To be Honest I Really think they should not be in the Game for the following reasons:

1- They departed to the Far East of Middle-Earth (Rhun, Khand and Unknown Lands Beyond).

2- Because of Reason Number one They do not play any Major Role in the West and more exactly the War of the Ring. I know that if not for them Sauron would have gathered more followers in the East but still they directly did not participated in the War of the Ring as far as I Know.

As for Radagast hey may be a General for the Silvan's or Lorien in Rhosgobel .
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; February 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Default MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Tolkien never actually gave the blue wizards names, Alatar and Pallando are fan created names. As is any name by which you may come across.
    Then lets make them Jay and Silent Bob :-D
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

No, in difference to for example the Nazgûl names (beside Khamûl's) the Blue's are real names, from Unfinished Tales, the chapter The Istari

EDIT: One of the Blue are already in the fan fiction background version of Rhûn's Lokerim-cult in TATW if you read it; while the other is dead
    Not that anyone knows and fewer cares 8as it's no ingame character), just came to my mind hehe
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    No, in difference to for example the Nazgûl names (beside Khamûl's) the Blue's are real names, from Unfinished Tales, the chapter The Istari

EDIT: One of the Blue are already in the fan fiction background version of Rhûn's Lokerim-cult in TATW if you read it; while the other is dead
    Not that anyone knows and fewer cares 8as it's no ingame character), just came to my mind hehe
    Well I am ashamed as I own and frequently read that book. Are the names given Morinehtar and Romestamo or Pallando and Alatar? (The book is not with me currently)
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; February 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UT
    Most of the remaining writings about the Istari (as a group) are unhappily no more than very rapid jottings, often illegible. Of major interest, however, is a brief and very hasty sketch of a narrative, telling of a council of the Valar, summoned it seems by Manwë ("and maybe he called upon Eru for counsel?"), at which it was resolved to send out three emissaries to Middle-earth. "Who would go ? For they must be mighty, peers of Sauron, but must forgo might, and clothe themselves in flesh so as to treat on equality and win the trust of Elves and Men. But this would imperil them, dimming their wisdom and knowledge, and confusing them with fears, cares, and weariness coming from the flesh." But two only came forward: Curumo, who was chosen by Aulë, and Alatar, who was sent by Oromë. Then Manwë asked, where was Olórin? And Olórin, who was clad in grey, and having just entered from a journey had seated himself at the edge of the council, asked what Manwë would have of him. Manwë replied that he wished Olórin to go as the third messenger to Middle-earth (and it is remarked in parentheses that "Olórin was a lover of the Eldar that remained," apparently to explain Manwë's choice). But Olórin declared that he was too weak for such a task, and that he feared Sauron. Then Manwë said that that was all the more reason why he should go, and that he commanded Olórin (illegible words follow that seems to contain word "third"). But at that Varda looked up and said: "Not as the third;" and Curumo remembered it.
    The note ends with the statement that Curumo [Saruman] took Aiwendil [Radagast] because Yavanna begged him, and that Alatar took Pallando as a friend.
    On another page of jottings clearly belonging to the same period it is said that "Curumo was obliged to take Aiwendil to please Yavanna wife of Aulë." There are here also some rough tables relating the names of the Istari to the names of the Valar: Olórin to Manwë and Varda, Curumo to Aulë, Aiwendil to Yavanna, Alatar to Oromë, and Pallando also to Oromë (but this replaces Pallando to Mandos and Nienna).
    The other two names are mentioned in HoME 12; Last Writings; The Five Wizards

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrael View Post
    quick question (and if someone could respond quickly it would be greatly appreciated). I haven't played with MOS yet, but I noticed while watching a few videos of it that a few factions' units (Mordor mainly) have something extra included in their unit description. for example: Uruk Halberds Legio LVI Minas Morgul. is this an automatic thing? and is it only in mos? because I haven't seen it in the vanilla mod.
    That is to give some military sense of view at your armies, for example, in LOTR movie Nazgul says to Orc General at Osgiliath bridge: SEND OUT ALL LEGIONS, DO NOT STOP THE ATACK UNTIL YOU BREAK THEM or something like that

This is included in PCP too AFAIK.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

admittedly you had me running to find my book to make sure (which i appear to have lost..)

luckily the club wielder was on hand (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12585216)

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The other two names are mentioned in HoME 12; Last Writings; The Five Wizards
    As before Ngugi, I am subject to your superior knowledge regarding the lore.

Had to look in the late HoME books indexes to find it out hehe, but thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    most likely we will set the campaign start time differntly..

we will set it to a time where denethor is rightfull king.. eomer, eowyn, boromir and faramir are of age, probably we make theoden king and his father dead.. and might be that we change the ring script a bit and add Frodo into the game.. So everything is going to be more lore and realistic
    Wait, no Theoden in the next release? Am I reading that right?
    Kaythen. He's one of my favorite characters, but if that's the way this goes, I guess I can just suck it up and play Gondor instead.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Wait, no Theoden in the next release? Am I reading that right?
    Kaythen. He's one of my favorite characters, but if that's the way this goes, I guess I can just suck it up and play Gondor instead.
    no no no silly Ulfgard there is no Thengel

you know grey haired guy .. wears a headband starts in Edoras

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

no no no silly Ulfgard there is no Thengel

you know grey haired guy .. wears a headband starts in Edoras
    true.. that thengel guy looked way to alive to be a deadguy.. how can theodred join his forfathers in death this way? will fix it

Default MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

How many turn does my ringbearer have to stay in Barad Dur to resurect Sauron when playing as mordor?
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Anyone have any ideas why the game may crash in the middle of the battle? Never crashes for any other mod/vanilla M2:TW

I tried all the listed fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor_Sperry View Post
    Anyone have any ideas why the game may crash in the middle of the battle? Never crashes for any other mod/vanilla M2:TW

I tried all the listed fixes.
    1.What are your system specs?
    2.What Windows do you have?
    3.Is you M2TW steam or non steam version?
    4.Did your TATW vanilla work before installing MOS ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: Installing MOS caused mid-battle crashes

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    have you even looked in the OFFICIAL MOS thread?

//merged Sailor_Sperry's new thread with MOS's
    Ngugi
    How about giving a helping hand instead of slighting me. I'm obviously new to this and have been looking, thanks.