Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Thanks for all the responses. Maybe I can use Boromir and Faramir armies to take E/O in the first 2 turns, and using the trops garrisoned in the less important stlements, put them into the ships and make a rush attack against umbar before turn 6/7.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.41 for Third Age 3.2..

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    if you can upload a log, i can still check for the problem
    Sadly I re-installed M2TW altogether to be on the safe side. And as the idiot I am I did not save or think of the log in the first post >.> but I surely can re-install MOS and play until it crashes I guess, and then send the log. Because I tried every single faction and I had the same crash with every faction. It was just weird. Once, alright. Twice... ok. But every game? At the same turn (10-11-12-ish)? Something's wrong here and I've been installing mods for TW-games since they started seeing the light of day, so either it's some kind of glitch with my M2TW (which would be weird as every other mod I use works flawlessly) or something twitchy with the MOS installer.

I was using the 1.41 full installer. Maybe I should try the other alternative with the parts instead?

But sure. I upload the log ASAP ^^

In all of your settlements, except the borded ones, only keep the free garisson units (for public order and for your military score) use all the rest for fighting your enemies.

I changed the campaign to 4 turns per year . I followed all the instrucions but my generals/heroes doesnt get old xD. It could be a problem because there is no new generals by born. How can I repare it? I need to restart the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    I changed the campaign to 4 turns per year . I followed all the instrucions but my generals/heroes doesnt get old xD. It could be a problem because there is no new generals by born. How can I repare it? I need to restart the campaign?
    Your current saved game is stil going to use the 12 turns per year system, for changes to make an effect you do need to start a new campaign.
    And run Cleaner.bat just to be sure.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

yes I started the a new campaign bit I didnt run the cleaner.bat maybe that is the problem. shame.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by BrodY View Post
    Sadly I re-installed M2TW altogether to be on the safe side. And as the idiot I am I did not save or think of the log in the first post >.> but I surely can re-install MOS and play until it crashes I guess, and then send the log. Because I tried every single faction and I had the same crash with every faction. It was just weird. Once, alright. Twice... ok. But every game? At the same turn (10-11-12-ish)? Something's wrong here and I've been installing mods for TW-games since they started seeing the light of day, so either it's some kind of glitch with my M2TW (which would be weird as every other mod I use works flawlessly) or something twitchy with the MOS installer.

I was using the 1.41 full installer. Maybe I should try the other alternative with the parts instead?

But sure. I upload the log ASAP ^^
    cool thanks.. maybe i can fix things

The problem persist. The turns are 4 per year but the generals didnt get any older, maybe I made an error copeing the codes. I dont know.
    Other question:
    Are Eomer and Theoden personaliced heroes in MOS?
    Thanks

what do you mean personalised? With a biograpghy?

Theoden yes, Eomer, not sure... I think he starts as a child in this mod so i'm not sure if he has a biograpgy etc. Never played as Rohan yet

Its just MOS is so lore-based and so perfeccionist that I have another curious questions:
    with personalized rohan Heroes I wantd to say If theoden in the battlefield looks like theoden or like a normal rohan general
    Gandalf appears as gandalf the white in the gondor campaign latter on?
    What is the guy who appears as a type of merchant in turn 6/7 in gondor campaign? sent by tol-arnach
    Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    Its just MOS is so lore-based and so perfeccionist that I have another curious questions:
    with personalized rohan Heroes I wantd to say If theoden in the battlefield looks like theoden or like a normal rohan general
    Gandalf appears as gandalf the white in the gondor campaign latter on?
    What is the guy who appears as a type of merchant in turn 6/7 in gondor campaign? sent by tol-arnach
    Thanks very much!
    Theoden has a unique Battle Model and Strap Map and even a unique bodyguard unit.
    Gandalf the White appears at later turns for Gondor I think.

Aragorn appears to Gondor at Turn 70 he is pretty bad ass.

The merchant guy is a Loremaster you need to do his missions so you can call Tol-Arnach (Jihad's) against designated former dunedain settlements. Hope this helps.

gandalf the white only apears when gandalf the grey dies. He has a unique model but normal bodyguard

Will this mod work with hotseat? i have been trying to find anything on it saying if it does or not and still havent found out. thanks

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It would hardly crash, but the scripts as a rule do not work well with HS and would make many mods within MOS to malfunction, so the team have as a rule to not recomend playing MOS in HS.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 25, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Its propably a known bug, but I wasnt able to find anything to it : /

My Problem is that Mordor is SWARMING me with Nazgul right now, I guess it might be a Problem with the immortal(respawning) Nazgul thing?

I got like 3 Witchkings another full stack of other Ringwraiths overrunning my borders, any ideas? Or a link to a solution?

Thanks in Advance.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Its propably a known bug, but I wasnt able to find anything to it : /

My Problem is that Mordor is SWARMING me with Nazgul right now, I guess it might be a Problem with the immortal(respawning) Nazgul thing?

I got like 3 Witchkings another full stack of other Ringwraiths overrunning my borders, any ideas? Or a link to a solution?

Thanks in Advance.
    What version of MOS are you running?
    Are you using the Immortal Nazgul script?
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    cool thanks.. maybe i can fix things
    Well, here you go. Like clockwork, re-installed everything, and it happened again. Although it seems to usually happen around turn 9-10-11 rather than the turn numbers I wrote earlier. But anyways, I had a look at it, and it seems like there's a lot of things missing. Don't know why, but I bet you're more qualified to fix it than me not really modding-material, which is why I much rather deal with content xD

I am using the full installer, again, and I don't know... maybe some things in there doesen't work properly?

But here you go, as promised. Good luck, and I hope you sort it out. I'd love to be able to play this submod. Seems awesome.

Looking forward to the next version of MOS

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by BrodY View Post
    Well, here you go. Like clockwork, re-installed everything, and it happened again. Although it seems to usually happen around turn 9-10-11 rather than the turn numbers I wrote earlier. But anyways, I had a look at it, and it seems like there's a lot of things missing. Don't know why, but I bet you're more qualified to fix it than me not really modding-material, which is why I much rather deal with content xD

I am using the full installer, again, and I don't know... maybe some things in there doesen't work properly?

But here you go, as promised. Good luck, and I hope you sort it out. I'd love to be able to play this submod. Seems awesome.
    it indeed seems that you miss stuff.. i would like to hear exactly how you installed.. perhaps some pathway during installation was off..

Foederatus

I have 1 vanilla TA and 1 TA with MOS if I start MOS it is still vanilla. I have done all the things you need to do with a separate install ( change .bat and .cfg ) but do I still miss something. I used the cleaner.bat but this was not necessary so nothing to clean