Thread: adding and changing in game videos

Default adding and changing in game videos

I can replace the intro video and remove or change the subtitles for it but the next phase is getting nowhere. I'm trying to add new first time recruitment videos based on new modded units from the sekigahara campaign. Does anyone know how to do this? any theories?

Some possible files that might be involved? some of these or more then these?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I also have PFM 2.4.1 but it's not fully cooperating i.e. it fights me when I try to add movie_event_strings_tables to a preexisting pack(or it could be because I don't really know what I'm doing)
    I tried using movie event strings tables, movie event strings.loc and a new video based off of movie.pack but it didn't work.

If you want to replace the intro video-extract movie.pack, get RAD Video Tools and Bink the video(convert to .bik) you want to use, make it 1280x720 or less, rename your video to intro, replace the extracted intro.bik with yours, turn it into a pack and drop it into your Data.(you might have to make several packs with different names, mine didn't override the vanilla intro the first time I tried it)

The subtitle can be changed or removed in local_en.pack-subtitles.loc

Edit: figured it out http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=571137
    Last edited by wealthmonger; November 02, 2012 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: adding and changing in game videos

Apparently there's a problem with my method. I created and inserted first recruitment video's for 3 different units as per the link above. For some reason all three link to the yumi-naginata ashigaru video and display that units name above the video and the subtitle for that unit as well. Would anyone happen to know what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by wealthmonger; November 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM.