Thread: Some New Previews and Screenshots...

There have been plenty previews to read in this past week...

Here are some that some (many) interesting previews that you fans might enjoy:

Gamespy's Rome: Total War Preview:
    Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Lend me your ... mice. History is about to be rewritten thanks to the folks at Activision and the Creative Assembly, who are poised to unveil the latest in the venerable Total War game franchise. Rome: Total War will follow in the classic footsteps of Medieval: Total War and Shogun: Total War with the same magical gameplay bullet: you take a very deep turn-based grand strategy game and play out the individual battles in real-time. What makes it work is that the turn-based game is as satisfying as Civilization and the real-time game features one of the most intelligent and realistic combat systems to date on the PC.

read more...

Tom's Hardware Rome: Total War Preview:
    On Monday August 23, I journeyed back to the past and saw the glory of Rome. Believe it or not, the glory of Rome was fit into a rented studio situated in downtown San Francisco. All the decadence of that former age was at hand - the lavish foods, beautiful women and scantily clad statues. Being San Francisco, I assume there may have even been some bathhouses nearby. In addition to these gems of culture, Activision showed us a computer game that you should be very excited about - Rome: Total War....

read more...

Computer and Video Games' Rome: Total War Preview:
    Okay, so let's just get this out of the way right from the beginning: we love the Total War series. Shogun was simply stunning, Medieval had us going well... all medieval on its ****** and as for Rome, well outside of Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, we don't think there's a PC game we've been looking forward to more for this entire annus (see, we even parlez Roman).

read more...

IGN's Rome: Total War Preview:
    August 25, 2004 - This will likely be the last preview we write of Rome: Total War. Mainly because it's likely this is the last time we'll get to play it before the game is released late September. This was their teaser event to get the press more interested just like the demo was the teaser to get consumers more interested. It was certainly nice to finally get to sit at the controls of a fully functional build, but the time was short enough to allow for only the scratching of the surface of the gigantic iceberg that is Creative Assembly's opus of ancient warfare.

read more...

Game's Domain Rome: Total War Preview
    We came, we saw, we had a light snack, we played a thorough tutorial, and even started an empire of our own -- this and more was what Activision had in store for us at a recent preview event for Rome: Total War in San Francisco. It seems to be the season for historical, down-in-it strategy games, and developer Creative Assembly is preparing to serve us a doozy.

read more...

If you're tired of reading all these previews, then walk away from the computer... but if you want more of them, here they are:

1-up.com's Rome: Total War Preview

Action Trip's Rome: Total War Preview

Firing Squad's Rome: Total War Preview

Gamershell's Rome: Total War Preview

Gamezone's Rome: Total War Preview

And here are the most awesome screenshots taken of the game so far:

Burning Temple
    Apocalyptic Battle...
    Phalanx vs. Legion... WHO WILL WIN?!
    Egyptian Massacre
    The WALL
    Phalanx vs. Phalanx
    Whoa... just look at those flames...
    A little fire...
    Small Siege
    Amazing...
    Discipline Pays
    Siege Arrows
    Confrontation...
    Hell's Way... literally.
    Pic of Campaign Map
    The looting begins...

Yes... WORSHIP it...

Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

CorpseFire

*worshiping*

edit: look heres a good screen http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/slideshow?cid...007314&ssidx=32

OLD.

Member of S.I.N.

CorpseFire

i just thought it looked cool, though what idiot is using that cav i dunno

Hehehe... yeah... only an idiot would charge his cavalry straight into a phalanx.

Member of S.I.N.

Love that falling horse stuff!!

CorpseFire

yes it worries me bacause enemy general AI thoguth it was a goood idea when i was playing carthage the other day

Originally posted by CorpseFire@Aug 29 2004, 07:30 PM
    yes it worries me bacause enemy general AI thoguth it was a goood idea when i was playing carthage the other day
    heh yeah the AI loves to drive his cav right into a wall of spears not to smart oh well
    Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

devileyes0401

Is it just me or is every1 finding that no matter the difficulty setting that demo is way too easy? The roman infantry don't seem as hard as they are made out to be....any views?

Those screenies look awesome