Thread: Does this mod work for the Steam version of the game?

Default Does this mod work for the Steam version of the game?

If so, how can I install it? It looks good

The_Federation's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Does this mod work for the Steam version of the game?

Not an expert on this specific mod, but almost always mods will work if you download as usual, then go to SteamApps-->med2-->mods and install the files there.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Unfortunately I was unable to make this mod works and is really interesting. Does someone know if it's suitable for Steam and How can I make it works?

Thank you.

Libertus

Hi Incendio. I have yet to get a link to download the mod, but I know how to make Steam work with other mods on this site and it should work. What I'm going to tell you worked with Third Age TW and Sicilian Vespers, and it's a lot simpler and easy to switch between mods then other instructions I've seen. Download the mod and install it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War file. It should put a new folder with this this mod in the Mod folder in this game where the others will be. Ignore the quick launch icon cause I don't know how to make it work. Now go to your Steam menu where all your games are listed. Right click on Medieval II Total War and click on properties at the bottom. It will bring you to a menu where they're will be the 'SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" option, click that. Now type in
    --features.mod=mods/[insert name of that mod's folder name here] for example
    --features.mod=mods/
    SicilianVespers. Now launch the game from steam and click the regular Medieval Total War II option among the Americas, Britannic, etc. Then it should run fine! To go back to vanilla delete what you type in Launch options and leave the line blank, to switch to a other mod type in a other folder like I told you.

Glad to help! I hate having the headache of games not working also. With the newer game like Rome 2 just use Steam Workshop and search for a mod that's listed in this forum or whatever other ones you see there.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Three63 View Post
    Download the mod and install it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War file.
    That's a bad idea to install any game in the UAC-protected Windows system folder due to, you guess it, UAC.

So I suggest that either move M2TW outside of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder by reading how to it here or reinstall M2TW outside of the C:\Program Files (x86) folder then install the mod.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Steam compatible: Version 3.0 now available