Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subs Power 1.5 (updated 10/01)

Miles

Default Re: Subs Power 1.5 (updated 10/01)

Just installed into a working DME v8.0.1 and while it appears in the Launcher, using it causes a CTD. Anyone have any ideas on fixing it?

Selerz's Avatar Civis

I get CTD too.

Miles

Well, I did discover that Causi Belli while appearing in the drop down menu needs to be independently installed, which then works(which IS mentioned in the install instruction, I just missed it). The animation mod gives me CTD, but you can install that independent of the launcher. You sort of have to poke at it to see what you can do, it is not especially straight forward in places.

Yeah, I'm getting a CTD too.

I've followed every installation step to the letter, so I'm quite confused as to why I'm getting CTDs when there appear to be a good bunch of people happily playing ETW while using this mod.

Nevermind, I solved it.

I uninstalled the game, removed the game folder (everything), and then re-did everything. Turns out there were some files lying about that that were the cause of the issue.

Edit: nvm I know what I did and now I feel like an idiot.
    Last edited by Eodez; July 26, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

Are there plans to update this for CB 2.2?

Should you not use this with CB 2.2?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Subcidal View Post
    Should you not use this with CB 2.2?
    it works fine with CB 2.2, I use it that way myself - the launcher is updated for the CB 2.3 launch
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Libertus

Hi Guys,

I read something about idiot-proof... well here is your idiot I really dont understand how I should install this launcher despite the installation guide above. Near instructions it says: "Download Subs 1 5.7z from the link below. Extract it in data/DME, replacing existing files. "...Which file do I have to unpack?!?!?! I got the following files: 'data', 'subs', 'darth.ico', 'DME Platinum.cdd' and 'DME platinum.exe' What I ahve done: I opened the 'subs' folder where I can find the causa belli folder, death_anim and so on. I selected these folder (except for wotem (white of their eyes)) because I dont like the concept I opened them into data/DME. I expected to see a different launcher with subs power in the upper right corner (like the image). Nothing has changed... I dont see the 'submod' tab in the upper bar of the launcher either.

In general if I manage to install this launcher, will the other mods (causa belli and the others) also be installed automatically?

Thanks in advance,
    Arie90

Quote Originally Posted by Arie90 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I read something about idiot-proof... well here is your idiot I really dont understand how I should install this launcher despite the installation guide above. Near instructions it says: "Download Subs 1 5.7z from the link below. Extract it in data/DME, replacing existing files. "...Which file do I have to unpack?!?!?! I got the following files: 'data', 'subs', 'darth.ico', 'DME Platinum.cdd' and 'DME platinum.exe' What I ahve done: I opened the 'subs' folder where I can find the causa belli folder, death_anim and so on. I selected these folder (except for wotem (white of their eyes)) because I dont like the concept I opened them into data/DME. I expected to see a different launcher with subs power in the upper right corner (like the image). Nothing has changed... I dont see the 'submod' tab in the upper bar of the launcher either.

In general if I manage to install this launcher, will the other mods (causa belli and the others) also be installed automatically?

Thanks in advance,
    Arie90
    once the launcher is installed and you have downloaded the other Mod's selecting then will install automatically.

I will put together a visual step by step guide for you for tomorrow, hopefully that will work
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Libertus

Ah Thanks man, I think that will work...well every mod I have downloaded worked, except for this one

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Suposedly I need this for the Civil War mod, but I cannot get the download link to work. Mediafire or something is offline or the link is bad. (Also, CW is not listed as supported, however their link points me here.)

what is the civil war mod?

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    what is the civil war mod?
    The American Civil War mod for ETW.

I guess the official title is "The Blue and the Grey".

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1627-American-Civil-War-The-Blue-and-the-Grey

I have a / the Darthmod launcher, that looks like this, only it has no submods option. Still, I don't see how this is going to load a completely different mod.
    Last edited by Otterbear; April 03, 2014 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otterbear View Post
    The American Civil War mod for ETW.

I guess the official title is "The Blue and the Grey".

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1627-American-Civil-War-The-Blue-and-the-Grey

I have a / the Darthmod launcher, that looks like this, only it has no submods option. Still, I don't see how this is going to load a completely different mod.
    thanks, I think husserITW had some involvement with the launcher for the Blue & Grey but had no idea it utilised the sub powers launcher, I would expect it is a modified version as there is no option in the DM download that I can see (I use the sub-powers launcher) perhaps someone from the Blue & Grey site could upload the file for you and give you a step by step what/how to install

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

I had trouble using their download link. Today it works. Problem solved. Thanks again, HammerD!

So, I just did a fresh install of ETW from steam. I installed DME then updated to patch so I am on version 8.01. Then I installed Subs launcher and unpacked CB 2.2 into the appropriate folder. Then I tried to launch it from the new launcher and I get a CTD.

I don't understand why this is happening on a clean install. I'm using the launcher because I thought it would be easier than a manual install of CB as there aren't any proper installation instructions for it. Any help?

man the download links and instructions for this mod are so complicated! coudl u have not made it anymore convoluted ?? how many things do i need to download to get this mod in full? i start from the top of the page and follow the instructions and get lost...

what comes 1st what comes 2nd.. etc...
    ....its all over the place!!

can u please give some proper guidance!?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by abbazabba View Post
    man the download links and instructions for this mod are so complicated! coudl u have not made it anymore convoluted ?? how many things do i need to download to get this mod in full? i start from the top of the page and follow the instructions and get lost...

what comes 1st what comes 2nd.. etc...
    ....its all over the place!!

can u please give some proper guidance!?

Thanks!

do i have to download and install all the versions?

how does this work?

please guide!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast