Thread: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 31st July, 2013

Icon6 GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 31st July, 2013

GymBlog - The Muscle Buster

Prologue

Well I announcned first post to be in October 29, but prelogue comes out here and now.
    So before I go straight for the main issue itself, I give some insight about mine gym tours so far. Although officially my first blog about it, Iīve been working out 2 years for now and of course it is not easy to keep your needs up, while experience, power and muscle growing...it is body-exhausting activity anway. Started back in 2010, when I felt, now it is time go, since otherwise I canīt keep up with all these sports I supposed to do then (football, volleyball, javelin throw etc.), I already did push this to the very last moment and now I said - "Now or never!!"...So I did.

I nearly quit after first year, because it was real dissappointment for me and for half years, I hadnīt made any progress at all...it all still changed at the very start of the second year, when I got workout on the same time with lot more experienced...started his third year...then I got really motivated. We had all what we needed - music, great atmosphere and lot more. All this boosted my morale so high, I just couldnīt quit anymore and this has stayed so til today and it so will be further.

By now we have our own FB community (local), which has grown to be one of the most successful in school...on 22nd of April itīs 1st birthday celebrations will take place...then all visitor are welcomed to come and join us...and see what looks like, what our workout day looks like

Now I do workouts 4x/week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Blogs are going to be out on same dayīs evening or by next day (before afternoon, if possible). In any case, when I will miss my workout session, I will forewarn you or blog is going to be late...then too

I hope you all, who are reading this, take this as interesting opportunity to read workout blog I will try my best to describe, what is going happen out there...
    The Sons of Mars - Brutii AAR

​"We Brutii are the only true Romans. We drove out the Kings. We saved Rome. We made the Republic."

OFFICIAL QUIZ SHOW THREAD!! - Go ahead and give your best shot to the trivia questions!! - (LINK CHANGED!! CLICK THE UNDERLINED IS CORRECT ONE!!)
    ​(Made by Philip Regent)

Icon6 Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster

Day 1 - Restart after 11 days of resting

29th October, Chest and Biceps
    First the statistics of todayīs workout -
    1) Total exercises done: 7
    2) Total lifted weight: 6337 kg
    3) Total reps made: 204
    4) Weight: 78.3 kg (before workout)

CHEST: Well, my arms had hard time to get used to lift weights from bench press exercise...during 1st series of reps they really shaked, even if it was only warm-up (50kg x 12). Eventually, they stopped shaking like boneless whimps and rest of the exercise went quite well. Well other chest exercises are little more technique and so I suffered little bit from itīs difficult performance, had to put down weight, yet at least it had done itīs work Also tried after quite long time butterfly (70kg), little bit decreased weight for my own safety...

BICEPS: That part of muscles always gets hard training, when it comes down to it...although only 2 exercise with total of 6 series, it is more than enough to make blood fill biceps, since it does fill pretty quick, in fact already after 1st series, if done properly and dumbbell has enough weight. It feels sometimes little uncomfortable, that biceps are full of blood and today was one of these occasions However, it makes you to feel proudliness as well...hard work really has payed off Biceps are distracting normal hand movements

That is it for today...next update should be tomorrow - planning on Back & Abs exercises Hoped that you liked it

​"We Brutii are the only true Romans. We drove out the Kings. We saved Rome. We made the Republic."

OFFICIAL QUIZ SHOW THREAD!! - Go ahead and give your best shot to the trivia questions!! - (LINK CHANGED!! CLICK THE UNDERLINED IS CORRECT ONE!!)
    ​(Made by Philip Regent)

Default Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 29th October

Day 2 - Restoration of Will

30th October, Back & Abs
    Total Exercises made: 6
    Total Reps: 237
    Total Weight Lifted: 6833 kg
    Weight: 78.6 kg (before workout)

BACK: Some exercises were technique, some not...But all required retoring itīs performing ways , Dumbbell pullover or deadlift for instance, these 2 exercises are quite complex and wrong movement could really cause injuries in your back, which is of course unneeded and further it kills you slowly ...However here is one of my favourite exercises of all as well - ONE ARM ROW...very useful, easy to perform and later it has itīs effect, if done properly ...Well weights donīt go yet over 30 kg to row up Also pulldown (with V-bar) is also good exercise, which is quite easy to peform as well...so any starters could use that as well And of course the true father of all back exercises - DEADLIFT...This one is truly difficult to peform, due itīs need to keep on your mind on performance at all times, since lifting weights here are not so small or funny business, so that should be done only experienced visitors...yet it is very important back-improver

ABS: Not much to talk about here...only 1 exercise done - very usual Crunches, what everyone is able to perform and yet this age-old-exercise never gets old...it is also quite effective and can done with many versions - legs under 90 degree angle from knees, donīt let your upper back hit the ground, putting hands in wider stance and more

This seems everything for todayīs workout - more coming on Thursday

​(Made by Philip Regent)

Icon6 Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 3rd November

Day 3 - No pain, No gain

First of all, I aplogize for the late entry, but I had real busy time last few days, so I didnīt get any chance to make entry until now

1st November, Deltoids, Triceps
    Total Exercises: 6
    Total Reps: 238
    Total Weight Lifted: 5949 kg
    Weight: 79.2 kg (before workout)

Deltoids: Delt exercises require more performance than weight to give any effect at all...too much weight means probably wrong performing, especially, when doing Lateral Raises (Dumbbell), easiest one here was low-pulley delt raise (on machine), which is quite simple to perform, yet it has quite good effect if done properly However...it has it downīs for me...I canīt make put hands straight from elbows and that little bit is obstacle for my performances...at least I have gotten used to it and donīt really bother me .

Triceps: Started with pushdown, which is relatively easy and is also good exercises for beginners as well, for better effect to side, use rope variation of pushdown, also it can be done with facing backwards to machine . Very slippy exercise here is French Press...it really has itīs tweaks of performing, whilst elbows suffering most from it ...my training partners have complained about problems of elbows...well yet they havenīt kicked out of mine

Not much story to tell here sadly...also furthermore I had to cancel my Fridayīs workout due to cinema visit (watched "Skyfall" - was little disappointment for me though)...so new week starts fresh and with full of muscle power!!

​(Made by Philip Regent)

Icon6 Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 7th November

Well first, I apologize for the late entries...I now really have hard time and Iīve been really busy...so will be rest of the week, so next entries after those ones may delay day or two... :S

Day 4 - Chesticulous

5th November, Chest & Biceps
    Total Exercises: 5
    Total Reps: 197
    Total Weight lifted: 5785 kg
    Weight: 77,7 kg (before workout)

Chest: I probably havenīt mentioned this before, but for warmup, I usually do 7 min of cardio and 7 min of other warmup exercises. As usual, the father of chest exercises, Bench press, starts the week, in next 2 weeks I plan to try my momental maximum, record atm is 100kg, which is not very high number, that can be tweaked quite a bit Letīs hope the best . Also, this time I did a little change in my exercises orders - press-flys-press order to make things more "colourful" Though lifted weight is not yet quite high, however reaching that has taken less reps, than it was this seasonīs beginning.

Biceps: Not much to tell about this...it is the muscle, what ladies "love to see"...just for fun 2 exercises made - one with dumbbell, one with EZ bar (7kg is ours), makes hands feel really heavy, when done right.

Day 5 - Backstab!!

6th November, Back & Abs
    Total Exercises: 5+1(abs done later)
    Total Reps: 199+75(abs)
    Total Weight lifted: 7218 kg
    Weight: 77,1 kg

Back: First of all, my weight loss is caused by virus, which I suffered from during last weekend, so it really has taken itīs toll...furthermore soon planning to start my creatine routine again...last 4-5 weeks have been pure training only...
    As for the back paining - basicly back divides largely to upper and lower parts, because exercises can competely differ from each other, so here dividing is inevitable. Pullover and pulldown are as introductions for more complicated exercises, like deadlift or one arm row, yet it ended with hyperextensions (scott-bench variety, to make things more difficult, place some extra weight on your upper back)...this day is extremely useful, due to backīs importance to resist any kind of high intensity of sports activity, since I have heard from my mates, who do lot of sports, but suffer back pains, due to their WEAK backs...Iīve been recommending workouts at least once a week, since it helps a lot. YOU SHOULD DO THAT TOOO!!!
    Abs I did later, before my hall hockey practise...consisted one exercises, usual crunches, 3x25 reps and your front stomach is happy, when abs smile to you after this
    That is it for today...hopefully reaching tomorrow here to put up my next day Until then, go and bust some muscular weight

​(Made by Philip Regent)

Default Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 7th November

Day 6 - Softened Legs

Legs
    Total Exercises: 3
    Total Reps: 195
    Total Weight Lifted: 15442 kg
    Weight: 77,9 kg

Legs: Not much to tell here...as the statistic say, 3 exercises total - squats, leg press and seated barbell calf raise, but still it did itīs work properly. Legs got real soft, so soft in fact, that I was lucky to stand on them after my workout Yet great workout always satifies me and I should be happy for myself, that this workout came out great I hoe there is more to come like this ...basicly that is it for day 6.

Day 7 - Complexity

Shoulder, Triceps & Abs
    Total Exercises: 7
    Total Reps: 297
    Total Weight Lifted: 5942 kg
    Weight: 77,5 kg

Shoulder: Well, as usually complexed exercises, for me especially lateral raises, so delts really need to be timmed as far as possible However, I was quite satified again with this part of training...it seems I have found the right setting for delts workout...which however took little longer, than I had expected it would take...but I did at least

Triceps & Abs:First abs, though done last, this time legs raises on scott-bench really have effect on 6-pack abs...but it feels after so great and confident that abs got their workout properly...in PE lesson we did crunches for 2 min straight, like in psyhical test - 89 reps in 2 min (97 pts) That made my day, yet it can be improved - GO FOR 100!!
    As for the triceps, heavy-duty pushdown starts the routine, which makes next exercises - French press and seated triceps press little weaker, but however I manage to do them, with no disturbance on my way If hands are feeling heavy after triceps workout, it really makes me happy - another great run done

Cya for now, hoping to make Day 8 in Monday , until then - BUST MUSCLES!!!!

​(Made by Philip Regent)

Default Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 10th November

Day 8 - Extra Weight!!

November 12th, Chest & Biceps
    Total Exercises: 6
    Total Reps: 215
    Total Weight Lifted: 7475 kg
    Weight: 79.2 kg

Chest: Well, day started of with eagerness, new week, new energy and new weights. Furthermore chest exercises 3+1 style - 3 before and 1 after as well. Exercises are same, as they always have been, just added butterfly to my chest part, which was the "after performed" exercises and increased my total lifted weight signicantly (by 60kg x 30 reps)...so not much more to feast about here

Biceps:Only change here was modifying weights with both exercises and of course, on increasing way. While dumbbell weights were before 12-14-16, then from now on it is 12-14.5-17 (kilograms ofc ) and that small change has greater effect than some of you readers could imagine (no offense intended). Also with barbell tested 30-30-30 system, but probably go for 25-30-30, for 1st series should easier warm-up style effect

Day 9 - Lazy Back

November 13th, Back
    Total Exercises: 5
    Total Reps: 209
    Total Weight Lifted: 7577 kg
    Weight: 78.5 kg

Back: Very much the same process, as it has been for last 10 or 11 months ...exercises same, weight may change as usually they do and reps keep going down, whilst lifted weight remains about same or even estimates 200-400 kg increase, but foremost, average lifted weight per rep is on constant increase since the beginning of my season and of course I am happy with that...putting goals are those, which pave the way to success (If you havenīt seen YouTubeīs video of Arnoldīs 6 rules to success, you should do that) ...so...out of ideas, what to tell about more (comments, plz and a lot) LOL

Day 10 - Fastened Legs

November 15th, Legs
    Total Exercises: 3
    Total Reps: 159
    Total Weight Lifted: 11940 kg
    Weight: 78.4 kg

Legs:3240+6000+2700=11940...this is the way, how I reached my total weight today ...easy enough ...it seems, but no far from it...I had only 50 minutes to make it happen, so my legs after workout really softened up, especially lower legs At least could hold my body up I am also participating actively in school life, so I had speed up my workout session and cancelled 2 series total, due to time shortage, sometimes you just canīt make all, what is planned on the day :O...However I am satisfied with the result today

More coming soon, until then - Make some muscle pumping action!!

​(Made by Philip Regent)

Default Re: GymBlog - The Muscle Buster - Update, 15th November

Attempt of Revivification

To be honest, I did announce that I will not continue the blog here. However, after some thinking, I thought I just canīt leave it like this. So I decided to give the blog one last go and post here any training I make, not just my gym ones, in which of I am taking break, but I try to start with them next week. Now I am at home doing Runtastic PushUps and SitUps and also some running or other kind of movement Only thing I hope is for commentary for the blog at the Commentary Section!! I really do hope that this resurrection is something, what I could call in close future "glorious" or "epic success". That would be nice - of course with the help from guys, fellows.

I do not know yet, when the next post takes place, but I assure you, that it will be within a seven days. That I canīt fail at. I just canīt...I know you guys, actually want some more content of my trainings and so I try to provide it once more. Succeed or fail...last one is not an option, however

Anything, if done, then I am only 2 places away to make into Top 200 in Runtastic Ranks of PushUps done so far...now it 20 720 PushUps overall done...starting from December 10, 2012 . About month ago I also decided to record my SitUps...200 more today and 5 000 in July performed overall...quite good or what??

Running is also important of my trainings so far...sessions are about 6-7 km average...training 1.09 for "Two-Bridge" run in Pärnu, Estonia, which is 9 km distance...trying to complete it in 40 minutes...about 4.15 min/km...I think it is performable, if given proper training . Still a month to go there

For now, I am out of words...Letīs see what feedback I can suck out of this post or blog... says Ian -> See you later!!
    Last edited by Philip Regent of Hospitallers; July 31, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

​(Made by Philip Regent)