Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

Hello!

Auto-resolve is as mentioned broken. I attack with 8 ships, 2 3rd rate the rest 5th against 2 ships, one 2nd rate and one 3rd rate and I lose over and over again. To fight everyone pointless battle is no fun, please fix this.

Also, AI moving around artillery a lot, often pure suicide. As well as cavalary charging against all odds against full line.

Music from the units always the same, takes away the great immersion when playing with british drumsounds and then Prussian units playing the same.

No fan of the music either.

But other than that I really like the mod and recommend it to everyone playing the game, thanks a lot!

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

@sir agellos,

As for Dagestan, you said your game is continued from beta 3... So Dagestan fix won't work. Need a new game for that one.

Tech problem seems strange. In my game most major powers aren't far behind me.

I don't think u recruit marines. Don't they just show up on your ships?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

WIth older DMUC 7.0 you could recruit marines and marines late.Dont you remember?
    Jfukunaga have you seen a nation in your beta 5 campaign to built howitzers?

Sir Agellos,
    Yeah, I vaguely remember being able to recruit them but I never did. 8(
    My loss.
    I have not seen any AI howitzers. Too bad for the AI ;-) howitzers rock!
    AI usually only has cannons and maybe mortars...

Could some kind soul please re-upload the patch? The ModDB download doesn't work, and MediaFire is blocked in my country

Thanks in advance!

When there is an Italian version?

Do you plan to release a Italian version?

In campaign my units dont receive bonuses for characteristics when lvlup.
    Is this well-known problem, or i have a rare bug?

@HJS
    Yes, it is a known bug. They receive xp but it doesn't show on campaign map.
    If u check their stats in battle they should be correct ;-)

Started new custom campaign post patch playing Persia. Dagestan has 7 protectorates in 1721. Diplomacy seems messed up to me on h/h. Get peace and trade agreement with Ottoman empire, and it immediately says were friendly, stays like that for about 10-15 turns, then they declare war on me when it said friendly, makes no sense, and they have at least 3 full stacks worth of armies, when I've taken two of their biggest money making provinces and they haven't developed any of their towns or anything. How is that possible? Also many countries agree to trade agreement then they either cancel it or I'll look at the diplomacy page and were magically not trading when there was never a notification. It's frustrating, I can even ask for a trade agreement again and they accept, then it happens again. The battles are cool and the unit size and sounds and everything make me want to keep playing it, but the other things are frustrating. Maybe if I put campaign difficulty on M instead of H then it would cut out some of this nonsense, but then it'd probably be too much of a cupcake. Anybody have suggestions?

This mod is great! I had to use DB editor for every single unit though because my PC can't handle HUGE units. For those that are having launching issues, you gotta follow the instructions perfectly. The way I made sure my data folder was vanilla was by manually deleting the data folder and reinstalling through steam. Still, check your user script after reinstalling the vanilla game. AND I know most people know to do this but I thought I'd state the obvious just in case, this thread doesn't mention it, I use Lt. Chambers Mod Manager to manually launch the game after setting DME settings.

+ rep Vadar

Quote Originally Posted by HJS View Post
    In campaign my units dont receive bonuses for characteristics when lvlup.
    Is this well-known problem, or i have a rare bug?
    No its not a rare bug. Even the vanilla version wont show you the true unit stats with experience until you go into battle. It used to worry me too until i just right clicked a unit card during deployment. For the longest time i thought the experience was worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    WIth older DMUC 7.0 you could recruit marines and marines late.Dont you remember?
    Jfukunaga have you seen a nation in your beta 5 campaign to built howitzers?
    I've noticed it too BUT from what I've seen right at the very beginning, I think, everyone has garrison mortars. I've noticed if you attack a city with town watch in the stack, then they will have those garrison mortars and rip into you. It is freaking sweet if you ask me... for once there is a reason to worry about town watch stacks.

Any news on a final release?

For the most part the latest Beta seems to work properly. The Dagestan bug still lingers but I had no problems just giving that province to Russia before I start a campaign and then not worrying about it.

I'm about 40-50 turns into a Late USA campaign, there's been some surprising expansions, but nothing crazy. The Natives seem really strong, but that's an improvement on how easy they were to defeat in earlier versions.

ps. You must be getting sick of us Darth :p
    but we just want a final version so you can get on with retired life. ...yeah i'll go with that

I encountered an american army with howitzers and carcass shots. That made a huge different, first volley and I lost 100 men. was forced to attack while AI defended without making crazy moves. Won a pyrrhus victory there. But yeah, that's the only time I remember encountering howitser with the extremely powerfull carcass shot. Those bastards can decimate an army if you have say four 24 inch howitzers.. that's ing nasty. Overpowered?

Love this.This is i want to see in VH/VH

Quote Originally Posted by toshiroash View Post
    I encountered an american army with howitzers and carcass shots. That made a huge different, first volley and I lost 100 men. was forced to attack while AI defended without making crazy moves. Won a pyrrhus victory there. But yeah, that's the only time I remember encountering howitser with the extremely powerfull carcass shot. Those bastards can decimate an army if you have say four 24 inch howitzers.. that's ing nasty. Overpowered?
    Love this,this is i want to see Ai built howitzers and kick #%^%

I am never tired with your posts. Your posts help me to optimise the mod because I do not play and you are my eyes. So just report good and bad as you see them. I need to know the good also, do not forget.

I have started a new campaign with beta 5 playing as RUSSIA VH/VH 2TURNS PER year normal artillery.Im at 10nth turn and i will report when i reach turn 40.Unfortunately i destroyed Dagestan so i cant tell you about the overprotectorates he has.In battle so one i havent seen much differents in comparison with beta 3 campaign.About battles same things as above posts as valid
    UPDATE: REBELLION TO DAGESTAN
    BATTLE starts they have 3 regiments of artillery in front of their ranks not having deployed.I charge with a regiment of horse at their artillery one of them routes i receive fire from their infantry and they send a regiment of horse to attck me i retreat to my lines their artillery is still there standing still
    In my opinion their artillery should have deployed behind their infantry and next to their cavalry(in the small forest) firing at me.More compact and hard to beat them instaed of being exposed to the front
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; November 22, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

Short question about the Dagestan problem. Darth said, that I had to start a new campaign to test the problem with Dagestan. But is it also possible to test it by deleting Dagestan protectorates in the savegame-file and continue the campaign (I’m sure there is a way to do this).