Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You should tell them not to... stand in front each other...
    I didn't have this problem with the camel gunners in the past. Although I had it with light dragoons thinking of it.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I didn't have this problem with the camel gunners in the past. Although I had it with light dragoons thinking of it.
    I never saw that with one regiment, but always and with nearly every unit, when there are two or more regiments mixed in position, so they are standing in the right order, but "over" each other. Hope you understand what i mean, i bit difficult to explain.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

What do you think about battle autoresolve?I see strange results that dont affect in reality.
    in 2 naval battle (mine 4 fifth rates lost from 2 enemy fifth rates) and my 3 4th rates and 2 fifth lost from 2 enemy fifth and a brig.Think there is a problem.Power bars in autoresolve is always by far to my side

I have noticed that no matter how much experience a unit gains it does not have any visible effect on the stats of the unit like it did in the Vanilla version. Is this just not visible, am I experiencing a bug (and if so how would I go about fixing it), or was there a reason for not having experience affect the stats of unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Acevenius View Post
    I have noticed that no matter how much experience a unit gains it does not have any visible effect on the stats of the unit like it did in the Vanilla version. Is this just not visible, am I experiencing a bug (and if so how would I go about fixing it), or was there a reason for not having experience affect the stats of unit?
    You have encountered a bug on campaign map.(dont think there is a fix)
    But in battle you can see the real stats by right clicking on your unit icon

Ever since I installed the patch diplomacy seems broken. Im the ottomans, every time I would get a trade agreement with the Russians, during their turn they cancelled it every time, but then always accepted my request again. So I stopped asking, then they start asking me and even pay me then they cancel it the next term. I also took two provinces from poland including their capital, yet they wont accept a peace treaty. Before patch I took one province from Austria and then asked for peace and trade agreement and they agreed.

Libertus

After 18 turns Dagestan has three protectorates (new campaign with patch 5 beta).
    An improvement from 8.0.
    CAI has done some surprising amphibious movements with armies of Portugal. Nice!

Will report more later.

I am having a few issues. Besides the startup problem I am having that I posted in the tech support thread, I am also having problem with my unit cards not showing up during battles. About 13 or 14 will show during 40 unit campaign battles. And when I try to group units together it won't do it or the game will crash? Is there a way I can fix this? I recently downloaded and installed the latest beta patch is this a common issue?

That has to do with the UI mod. And you can't group more than 20 units in total. If you group even 3 groups of 8 units, the game will crash.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Foederatus

Liking the new beta5. I've played well in to a Mysore campaign and as Westphalia. Battles have definitely been tougher and CAI (as someone mentioned) has been doing some interesting movement on land and transporting troops by navy.

Some of the diplomacy is a little wierd but that's not too big a deal for me. As Westphalia I keep getting the Barbary States offering peace and demanding almost all of my money. It's basically every other turn and the more money I have the more they ask for. If I rejected giving them 5000 I'm certainly not giving them 12000. Also have had Austria doing the thing with trade that Brunit mentioned. They cancell the agreement the turn it starts then offer it back the next.

One question I have, is it normal for allies to be able to attack a city you have under siege and in effect steal it out from under you? This has happened to me a few times in beta 5 and I don't recall it happening before (but it could have). Is there not a way to prevent cities that are under siege by one nation being sieged/taken by another? I mean I appreciate the support from the ally but I wanted the province.

Overall nice work though. Enjoying the game more than ever.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

what I would really like is to see some more attacking columns deployment by the AI when it has superior melee infantry. for example, Russians (line infantry) are almost useless in the drawn-out musket fight because their accuracy and reloading is lower than that of other countries. however, they have a really decent melee capabilities and I would really like to see them exploit them more. if I remember correctly, in 18th century Russians were supreme authority on use of attacking columns. they were good enough for French Revolutionary Army (and later napoleon) to adopt them for their military syllabus. so I would really like to see that represented...

Hi
    maybe this is a stupid question but i would be really happy about an answer: when i play a darthmod 8.0.1 Campaign the enemys unit size is always twice as big as mine. Is this intended for difficulty or is it a bug. For me it seems strange that my regiments have always half the size of the opponents troops. I play Maratha and when i have 100 swordsmen Mughal gots 200... When i change unit size it is always that proportional but not in custom battle.

GurneyMan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by 00drew00 View Post

One question I have, is it normal for allies to be able to attack a city you have under siege and in effect steal it out from under you? This has happened to me a few times in beta 5 and I don't recall it happening before (but it could have).
    Yep, this happened before this beta - nice friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    what I would really like is to see some more attacking columns deployment by the AI when it has superior melee infantry. for example, Russians (line infantry) are almost useless in the drawn-out musket fight because their accuracy and reloading is lower than that of other countries. however, they have a really decent melee capabilities and I would really like to see them exploit them more.
    You cannot imagine how many complains Darth had when he actually had that system. Check the forums, it's a bit old but you'll find many examples.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    You cannot imagine how many complains Darth had when he actually had that system. Check the forums, it's a bit old but you'll find many examples.
    really?well, I believe you, but I don't see much reasons for complaints... on the second thought tough, I can think of one important reason: AI would probably organise his troops in columns and then attack head on. that is quite suicidal if you have guns with cannister shot. however, that works only when you can actually see the enemies columns (direct fire) and only if your guns are in front supporting your line infantry. not to mention the fact when you have a broken terrain which renders cordon defense against attacking columns completely useless... oh well, sorry to hear it is gone...

Still havin the Dagestan bug. 5 protectorates by turn 2, the usual ones.
    Not a big deal, but un-usual that it can't be fixed properly. Tho quickly editing the scripting.lua before a campaign and giving the Dagestan province to Russia or Ottoman's isn't a bad fix.

I find a naval auto-resolve a bit unrealistic... I mean, I have superrior navy (in number, quality of ships, experience of crews and an admiral that is master for that type oif the ships) but I still loose auto-calc to some wierd enemies even though the bar is completely on my side... I find it iritating, especially because such naval battles aren't interesting to play...

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Not even in naval battles autoresolve is buggy but in land battles too.Autoresolve cheats for the cpu,should be fixed

oh! finally i realized that i can just replenish them. maaan i am so smart lol. so ignore my embarassing question.

Question for Darth. Will there be a "final release" for this patch with all the fixes from the open betas, or should I just play the the betas for DETW DNTW and Darth SHogun 2 as they are now? I do not mean to sound like I am asking for the release date as I am in no rush. (Greatly enjoying STALKER Clear Skies curently). When it comes to these mods though, I like to play them knowing that I won't have to install a patch within a few days of starting a campaign. I aplogize if this post comes off as whinging as nothing could be further from the truth.

PS. I am looking forward particularly the "final release" for your NTW mod.