Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 4]<<< [Updated 1/11/2012]

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    yes but to be sure about this you must a)send a rake to the port to infiltrate b)engage the fleet from the port .Have you done this or you just say so?I just ask to make this sure
    I've done both. I've seen badly beaten fleets retreat to the ports. And then, with a rake (or a couple of times after engaging them) I see the fleet somewhat healed.

Truth be told, I think that ships heal slowly over time anyway, at least hull damage. Not sure though. I have to check.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 4]<<< [Updated 1/11/2012]

I have played 6 Rounds and Dagestan has again 4 Protectorates, there is no changing. I make it again a piece of russia, thats the best way till the problem is solved...

In my current game, dagestan was defeated by russia. After that, Knights of St John became the super-protectorate, having quite a number of protectorates including pulebo nations, quebec, hungary and italian states

Tiro

Hi, I installed the latest update, and when you run a custom battle, so when I loaded it fits the area and writes that the engine stopped working. You know what I have wrong?

Elephants are way overpowered! I'm talking RTW levels here. With defence near 50, they can just charge and take down battalion after battalion. I would suggest dropping their armor by 4, their "shield" by 2 and their defense by 6. So that after I've beat an enemy army and just the elephant general remains, I can consider the battle won, instead of finding out that now he can easily beat 3 line infantry battalions that have been bloodied in battle.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I have tried all the campaigns, and no option for Greece as a playable faction via campaign?
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

You have to get CB extra for that.
    AND Greece isn't brought up to DME 8 stats yet.

PROBLEMS IN THE CAMPAIGN: With the changes instituted to avoid the "land swaps" the CAI doesn't ever agree to give anything for a region. I'm talking Giving back Hungary and Austria to Austria faction and them not agreeing to give even 300 denars. The same with Mughals and that big North-Central Indian region that was their capital.

I didn't mind the landswaps and I consider annoying to have to gift regions to factions for nothing, not even a bonus to diplomacy.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 04, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    You have to get CB extra for that.
    AND Greece isn't brought up to DME 8 stats yet.

PROBLEMS IN THE CAMPAIGN: With the changes instituted to avoid the "land swaps" the CAI doesn't ever agree to give anything for a region. I'm talking Giving back Hungary and Austria to Austria faction and them not agreeing to give even 300 denars. The same with Mughals and that big North-Central Indian region that was their capital.

I didn't mind the landswaps and I consider annoying to have to gift regions to factions for nothing, not even a bonus to diplomacy.
    Ah ok, thx AL
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

For some reason the roads on the campaign map are missing in my game.The sea routes are there though.It happen after I installed 8.0 and even after the patch I have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvanitas View Post
    For some reason the roads on the campaign map are missing in my game.The sea routes are there though.It happen after I installed 8.0 and even after the patch I have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Hi there, i may advice you to do a steam intergrity check, not once but twice. Deppands how good and stabile your internet is and if your HD isnt damage corupted? But for most of the parts just one check should be just fine.

I atleast may do some 2 to 3 checks in some cases if i have a crash on same scenes or seeing some texture errors appering in the game.

Hope it works

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by Arvanitas View Post
    This is a mod pack missing or corrupted. What version you use and in which campaign you meet it?

Have in mind that this is only cosmetic. The roads are actually there as you can see the little wagons come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    This is a mod pack missing or corrupted. What version you use and in which campaign you meet it?

Have in mind that this is only cosmetic. The roads are actually there as you can see the little wagons come and go.
    I see it in my campaigns too, but only if I´m doing additional changes in the startpos. In the current campaign with Mexico it has happene´d the first time. Playing with CB, Improved Minor Faction Government Buildings, CJA´s difficult enhancer.

But as I said, only see it now for the first time after adding a Navy Slot to Mecixo City.

So i would not worry about this problem too much, as you sais its only cosmetic and not occuring when playing the game without changes!

For the Beta, I can say, that Bai works great, but I think autocalc for Sieges is a bit too player friendly, as you win 90% of battles agains nearly double Size armies (only when you are sieging, not when you are being besieged, than it ist the other way around.) Diplomatics relationships seem a bit harder to get them to a good level.
    Last edited by lapuvida; November 06, 2012 at 09:42 AM.

Thank to everyone for they`re reply. I had this "problem" after i installed 8.0. Currently the only mod i have installed other then dme is cb. Currently i am playing a custom campaign, however, i have noticed this on other campaigns as well. Is there a workaround for this? I`d rather not have it but it wouldnt be a big deal if I do .Again I thank all of you for the reply's.Cheers.

I know this is not the greatest question, but when you install 8.1 and open darth mod is it supposed to say 8.1 or still says 8.0 because i installed 8.1 in the same directory as 8.0 but still shows up as 8.0 Thank you in advance just want to make sure i installed correctly.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Some thoughts after testing a campaign started with beta 3 and continued with beta 4.
    First i have to say battle Ai from beta 4 is far better from version 8.0 of DME.
    Ai keeps his infantry line more solid preventing you from outflank him.But there are still some mistakes.
    Look at the photo below Ai has deployed his cannons with defences in front of his infantry line.you can easily sacrifize one cavalry unit and take out all his cannon.MAJOR MISTAKE that leads to gameplay disadvantage to AI.Artillery at this time was crucial and could win or lose a battle if not used properly.If constantly in the beggining of the battle AI loses his cannon you can overtake him easily.I play in VH/VH,AI causes problems to me if he has his cannon in.Also one more mistake i see sometimes if the ai to move his artillery constantly and not deciding when to deploy,when i say protected i mean to be deployed to a part of a map human player could not reach.TO SUM UP ARTILLERY SHOULD BE PROTECTED AND FIRING CONSTANTLY.WHEN OUT OF RANGE AI SHOULD MOVE FORWARD AND CONTINUE FIRING,end of story.
    About cavalry:I think cavalry should exploit your weaknesses in formation find holes and flank you.For the moment i see cavalry attacking regiment on the side of your deployment and get massacred by infantry def squares,untill ai runs out of cavalry.I want a smarter use o cavalry to charge you when you have weaknesses and outflank you with nice maneuvres.This not untill the time infantry reaches enemy lines.Cavalry should be used after infantry lines come closer and shooting begins.Cavalry should enter the battle when the first regiments retreat,enter the gaps of formations hit you from the rear and nail you.That is the use o cavalry.
    About infantry two things.First some units of a regiment loses path, stay behing resulting in delay in firing because the whole regiment must wait for them to catch up with the others.Also when you select a foot regiment to charge in melee and the enemy units are near,selected units charge to another direction as if they dont know where to charge.This also happens with cavalry sometimes.After some clicks they turn to the direction of their enemies.Secondly i wanted to ask whether you can make the infantry deploy in 3 ranks or the least they can.If you have FBR only 3 ranks fire that means if AI deploys in 5 ranks,2 ranks simply dont do nothing,resulting in less shots.Also in units that cant use FBR(militia,firelock) its better to deploy in 4 full ranks that to 5 or 6.the more units can fire the better.

thinks that i like
    -in campaign map ai invades like crazy thing that i like it.I still wait to see more help from human allies.
    -I have to say still main trading ports are not guarded well from AI.
    -Ai repairs in land and probably not all the fleets at a time but it does repair very good.Forts are also repaired
    -Fort lag is very rare,especially with fort cost increased fort battles are rare.But personally i havent seen much lag even though my computer is not very good
    -EPIC MELEE BATTLES,AND EFFECTS not fps drop even in my old computer(playing in high detail,no AA)
    -diplomacy is more reasonable and at last i have seen Ai giving real money for techs!(GB gave me 3500 for FBR!).Still sometimes they ask stupid things.Still i see nations friendly with me in war and dont agree to a peace treaty
    -Naval battles are good although i not the one to say becAuse in VH/VH AI GETS TERRIBLE BONUSES,think that i dont care.Sometimes enemy fleets just stop lining their ships together and receiving damage without doing anything
    -Havent seen lately revolts and changing in goverment hope they still exist
    -Dagestan protecorates decreased.(Havent started a new camp with beta 4 to be sure)
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; November 06, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I think ai should deploy cannons behing infantry ranks in the red arrow areas.there will be protected.Instead they are in front exposed from infantry and cavalry charges
    *Dont know what happened and douple posted can any moderator merge posts?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; November 06, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

New update [Beta 5]. Check the changelog.
    There will be probably offered one more open beta according to your feedback and then the Patch will be fully released.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

New update [Beta 5]. Check the changelog.
    There will be probably offered one more open beta according to your feedback and then the Patch will be fully released.

ok assuming from the posts since its beta and not "fully" released the mod wont say 8.1 on it? im just trying to make sure i installed correctly. p.s vader doesnt have to answer EVERY question this could be answered by anyone so help a brotha out? =P...... anyone?
    lonely... oh so lonely

Fixed the link to direct to the correct file which is the DarthMod_Empire_v8.0.1_Patch_Platinum_Beta_Five_Fixed.exe.