Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Dimitris's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

The Ottomans and the Mughals turns are taking 2 min, is it normal?

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Don't know if there is any need to try naval battle. But I had one yesterday and it was very good. Ships were sinking and fleeing as it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
    The Ottomans and the Mughals turns are taking 2 min, is it normal?
    You complaining about 2 min? Others wait 20. I hope this is good news about the Ottoman Lag!
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; March 19, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

CAI continues to do a good job with some minor issues. But BAI is getting worse and worse. With GB against france on h/h, they attack, I stand with my lines just waiting for them, to see if they behave somewhat okay then. But they rush towards my lines, stops like 5 m from them, and then get murdered by volley after volley, moving like 3 m back and forth. Haha, well dude, dunno what ure doing but at this point I think you need to rethink this completly or just give up cos it aint working. Don't remember how 8.0 were, if that was at least remotly playable then I think it's time to go back to that one.

Playing as Venice in a custom campaign. I've just won a major sea battle with my Austrian allies against the Turks. After the battle I greedily accepted all the captured ships into my fleet and now the save game crashes on loading. I have repeated this with the same crash. Is it the ships? Are xebecs and dhows not compatible with Venice? I'll refight the battle one more time and this time scupper the lot! I'll report back!

I hate so much contradictory reports about BAI. Cannot decide what to do. Need more opinions. Should I release or not? I do not have much time.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I would step in and offer a hand Darth... but I have no time.
    I'll be traveling to visit my sister today and then visit Piza. If I find a couple of hours I'll give it a try. However, that is kinda unlikely.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The BAI is not release worthy right now, I'm sorry to say. I've played a few battles but didn't take any screenshots.

I played one battle where it was 4000 spanish vs my 900 ottomans (a couple of azzars, one janissary, deli horsemen and sipahi) and I won. I didn't have the high ground or any terrain advantages. The spanish army just couldn't form a cohesive line.

Quote Originally Posted by zorak View Post
    The BAI is not release worthy right now, I'm sorry to say. I've played a few battles but didn't take any screenshots.

I played one battle where it was 4000 spanish vs my 900 ottomans (a couple of azzars, one janissary, deli horsemen and sipahi) and I won. I didn't have the high ground or any terrain advantages. The spanish army just couldn't form a cohesive line.
    Yup happens all the time. BAI like works every fifth battle, but in 4/5 it is broken. The game is not playable at the moment.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I fear this would happen.The same happened in pes2012 modding where a beta was released every 3 days and each players had different things to say!PLAYER one liked beta 12 plyer two hated beta 12 and liked beta 14 etc.what happened modder made a team gave betas to his team and then released,every month
    My suggestions are:
    1)Trust noone.The mod should be tested by you.Many betas cause a confusion because so many players play different things,with different options and different skill.Also battle circumstances are different(different army consistancy,terain and player skill).So suggestion 1 is you to find time(in easter holidays) and trust your own eyes.
    2)Form a beta test team with users you trust including you.Release the betas in private for them.They should be willing to start 4-5 campaigns each and test everything.Reports will be given with videos and photos for better understanding.Briefly (no more beta releases for everyone)
    3) Release it now and i a month release a new version that will have improvements based on reports with photos and videos.
    REQUEST TO EVERYONE
    .After a battle is over you can record the cinematic by clicking the camera in the bottom right.Can you sent the save to darth with your notes?How many MBs is a recorded battle?Because uploading videos could take time
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 20, 2013 at 05:17 AM.

I'm new, but i play all darthmod release for empire since 2010, i not play this beta for long time, but yes, the ottoman lag is very
    annoying.

Ok I made all the necessary changes. I am pretty certain that I have got in my PC the release version. Prepare for the full release!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Ok I made all the necessary changes. I am pretty certain that I have got in my PC the release version. Prepare for the full release!
    Nice to hear this..
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Nice to hear that.
    I will start many campaigns to test.Maybe it will be needed to release a new version with improvements in a month.Release it and we will see it