Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 3]<<<

Quote Originally Posted by wargod2009 View Post
    Great to see you continue to support your amazing work Darth. I grealy appreciate as I am sure most of us do. I was wondering if it is possible to have full length (1700-1799) campaign WITH 40unit saves (armies) AND four turns per year. I know that means 400 turns but I hate rushing through the early decades which included the massive War of the Spanish Succession and Great Northern War. Thank you to anyone for any assistance.

Well, you'll hit some problems IMO Wargod. Mainly because of the wealth increase/turn, you'll make huge money.
    I would sincerely suggest you use my 4tpy mod, to reduce town wealth so that you won't make hundreds of thousands by turn 150.
    I would also suggest you try your hand in Hybrid Startpos, to change factions midgame.

That's what I do, to keep my campaigns going for 300+ turns.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

ok, there is something funny with Beta 3 launcher... after first start of the game any following starting of the game results with following: after Steam message ETW is prepairing to launch appears the game doesn't launch but does nothing at all. the same thing happens to vanilla when restored to vanilla. so I naturally un-installed the DME to make sure I ain't missing some files, but everything is ok (verified integrity with steam) and vanilla runs fine. so, can annyone else confirm this or is this an isolated incident? i will make further test...

Downloaded patch and installed without issue. Glad to see the mod being actively supported.

I'm curious if anyone has tested the Dagestan protectorate fix extensively yet. I'm deep in a great custom campaign right now and don't have time to go a couple dozen turns into a new one right now so any experiences would be appreciated!

Hilariously enough, the campaign I'm running now features a Dagastan protectorate web featuring 10 failed states and I'm not even at 1740!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Just downloaded the new patch and I am eager to try it out. Thing is that since so many people had issues with it I was wondering if I can revert back to 8.0 if this new patch causes the same issues to me too because I am in the middle of a campaign with Austria and even though I wanted a short one on H/H I had 4 tpy and I am almost master of Europe with only GB, Poland and Russia as my allies and the only thing I need to do is wait it to be done and because of the 4 tpy it takes so long and I don't want it to get corrupted or something if I install this.
    RTWRM - back to basics

I had all sorts of weird problems with the buttons after putting in Husserl's fix although the game still worked. Beta 3 seems to have solved that problem and gotten rid of the constant Bach organ music....even though I like Bach it was too much of a good thing.

I can say with certainty that the Dagestan protectorate issue is not resolved, at least not in custom campaigns. After one turn with the new patch installed and humming, Dagestan had three already: Mysore, Morocco, and the Italian States.

Ive noticed that with Beta 2, my range of music was greatly increased (LoadingMusic/Battle Music/Campaign Music/etc).
    After Beta 3, its back to just a few tracks again

For me beta3 does not work. The launcher crashes before starting empire. it copies the files around, but then just crashes, with and without autostart, vanilla works fine after restoring via launcher.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

ok, just wanted to saz I fixed the issue reported in my previous post...

now, something about yhe battle feedback:
    campaing: Great Britain; difficulty - camp Hard - battle - Hard
    I can confirm that AI indeed deploys artillery units in front of his position. after several battles, I can say this thing is constant. also, I would like to confirm the fact that you can engage those artillery units with little or no responser from close AI units. I say little or none because in some cases AI's line infantry would fire on my cavalry that was butchering their poor artillery. in no instance did the AI employed it's own cavalry to counter or repel my own attack.

In regard to the upper explanation, I would like to add that when I closed the distance with my infantry and came near to shooting range enemy artillery would somehow wake up and began shooting and acting like it is meant to. however, in such cases AI usually tried to close in with it's own infantry and protect the guns wich caused great confusion in AI lines and provided awesome (at least for my army) shooting practice. even in such instance AI showed considerable "skill" in managing its forces.

I particulary like the way AI deploys on the beggining of the battle and how it responds to players movements on the field. for example: in one battle I attacked with two armies (one was reinforcment force). AI accordingly deployed to face my main force and very creatively used impassable "undergrowth" (you know areas of forest where you can't move) and a single farm-house to effectively stop any of my concentrated thrusts to break there middle. when advancing thru the forest on my right, AI slightly shifted its position to achieve better line of fire. all in all, battle was won only because I had reinforcments. by saying that I don't mean that I didn't have enough troops without them. no, what I am saying is that by manouever, AI managed to cut off all of my avenues of advance. If I wanted to make any progress I would be tangling my lines, expossing my troops to enemy fire even before forming the line etc. as I am a commander that doesn't like to throw in his troops reclessly (especially because you then have to spen enormous ammount of money on replenishing them) I carefully conduct my battles. so, as I was saying when reinforcments arrived and turned AI's right flank it was over in a matter of minutes. Had I not had reinforcment I might spend 20+ minutes moving my troops arround before finding a gap to exploit enemies weak position.

now, regarding AI cavalry, I have noticed in several battles that units such as native american lancers/bodyguard tend to come really close to my units and then just stand there. after recieving some volleys they retreat only to repeat it all over again. now, in some cases they did charge my troops but that was really rare. usually I sent them routing using my artiller or mounted tribal gunners.

for now, I really enjoy what I am seeing.

Completely uninstalling and then reinstalling darthmod fixes it the crashing for me. I went directly form beta2 to beta3 before, so maybe that caused the problem. Everythings back to normal again now.
    @Minas Moth: The behavior you described concerning the cavalry is not new, it was doing the exact same thing for me with 8.0. Like you I also noticed the ai not looking after its artillery very well. I out-flanked his entire army with a unit of dragoons once, coming onto his guns from behind, but I got distracted, and by the time I got back to them I though I was about to loose them, because his general + some other cavalry suddenly were right next to his guns, but to my amazement, they chose to watch instead of actually attacking my dragoons. Also ai-artillery not always gets unlimbered, but again, this was already happening with 8.0 .

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    I can confirm that AI indeed deploys artillery units in front of his position. after several battles, I can say this thing is constant. also, I would like to confirm the fact that you can engage those artillery units with little or no responser from close AI units.
    Yes, that seems to be a problem.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Add Spanish language pls. =(

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 4]<<< [Updated 1/11/2012]

Patch Beta 4 updated (Battle gameplay changes mainly, check the changelog).
    The next Beta will have Spanish Language support as many times requested.

Please give feedback for Beta 4 Battles and the Dagestani protectorship problem.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 4]<<< [Updated 1/11/2012]

I can tell you for beta 3 for sure
    -battle has been improved.Ai deploys better and uses his cannon.more compact formations.I will test more
    -AT LAST ! AI REPAIRS LAND ARMIES.!!!I CANNOT CONFIRM THE SAME FOR NAVIES EVEN THOUGH AI RETURNS HIS SHIPS TO HIS PORTS.CAN YOU MAKE IT REPAIR THE FLEETS TOo?also i will test more.To tell you the truth ai repairs armies that fight against the human player.i havent seen repairs for battle ai vs ai if they do it.But that is difficult o see due o the fog of war.
    -dont see dagestan to have protectorates.!
    συνεχισε να δινεις πονο

IF we find a beta key i can test the multi camp.unfortunately i cant find any.Can anyone borrow me his key or acount?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; November 01, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Tiro

Hi, I installed the latest update, and when you run a custom battle, so when I loaded it fits the area and writes that the engine stopped working. You know what I have wrong?

Sir Aggelos, the CAI was repairing armies for looong time now. Even before DME.
    Using Hybrid startpos to change factions, I've found out that they indeed repair their units (since I see them with a + once I take over the faction).

As a note: In my campaign, started with patch 1, Dagestan never got over 3 protectorates. I'm at turn 100 BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Sir Aggelos, the CAI was repairing armies for looong time now. Even before DME.
    Using Hybrid startpos to change factions, I've found out that they indeed repair their units (since I see them with a + once I take over the faction).

As a note: In my campaign, started with patch 1, Dagestan never got over 3 protectorates. I'm at turn 100 BTW.
    And fleets?Want to see a pic of this

Well, it had repaired some ships in fleets, not whole fleets, but that's still rare. Some times, when they sit in a port for long, they repair a few ships.

yes but to be sure about this you must a)send a rake to the port to infiltrate b)engage the fleet from the port .Have you done this or you just say so?I just ask to make this sure

iCrusader's Avatar Civis

Darth, it would be nice that you gave the option to choose "one turn research" in the launcher ... I'm sure many would be very grateful, and it sure is not much work for you.

Regards!