Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2 Fixed]<<<

Sorted it out, just uninstalled and reinstalled both Empire and DM. I know thats the main reason for insta crashing, but didn't know I'd have to follow that process from everything working fine on 8 to the Beta.

Ok after getting the original beta to work, it seems there's an issue with Beta2.
    "PS. To be sure check that the DME_darthmod.pack file has date 28/10/2012. If yes then the patch is installed correctly.You can find the file in the games data folder usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data"

Mines still showing as 26/10/12. Moddb File is still awaiting authorisation so I used the mediafire link.

Seems like spamming but can I just say thankyou for all your work, you should of been hired by CA a long time ago as your mods are the main reason I actually keep returning the games. It's sad to see you go man.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2]<<<

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    A new update [Beta 2] is available which includes all the latest Launcher fixes by husserlTW and slight tweaks to the gameplay (Battles should be even better).
    Please provide some combat feedback.
    Thank you.

WIth the PREVIOUS beta, before the last update, I saw a couple of very nice Campaign battles. In the first one, the AI had kept a unit of desert warriors barricated behind a wall, up a hill and not in the line, which acted as an anchor point when the units started routing. It wasn't the general, there was a general unit.

In the next battle, it seemed to me (perhaps it was coincidence) that the AI tried to hide units from sight. Out of 10-12 units 2-3 were hidden in woods. Perhaps it just happened though.

What I found weird was that the Ottoman organ gun was in front of the Ottoman line. When I sent my cavalry to wipe it out, it was... wiped out. The units supporting it didn't move to engage my cavalry as it was butchering the organ gun.
    Once the organ gun routed, they all moved forward.

CAI wise, can't say I saw any difference. Not that I mind, the CAI was excelent IMO in DME 8
    Last edited by alhoon; October 28, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Thank you so much Darth,

few problems again
    - Bach song at start is always here !
    - blue arrow is unselectable from the launcher

I have checked the creation date of your DME Platinum exe. It is older (14/09/12) than husserlTW one (27/10/12). So why don't you take his launcher ? Him works very well at least http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=563111

Just a precision about installation. If I come from clean fresh clean install of vanilla game (check files etc), do you think it is really necessary to lauch Darthmod between 8.0 version and the patch?

Please target the installation path correctly. Of course I use the latest husserls file. We are on this mod together.
    The latest patch should be correct.

omg that Bach music really annoy me, !
    Last edited by TWmadman; October 28, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

I have seen that the installer makes some unwanted shortcuts and maybe you click on the old. New fix is on the way. But until then use the DME 8 Platinum shortcut.

Sorry Darth but I have re-check the files from your last patch and also reinstall everything. Your files are obsolete, compare to husserlTW ones.

Husserl just checked and they are ok. You installed elsewhere. Target "Empire Total War" folder usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2 Fixed Final]<<<

Updated again the file that has the correct shortcuts.

i make it like you say, and its the background music from the launcher (the test version from husserl) all over the game. So it`s unplayable. I reinstall the darthmod and the beta patch several times...

Icon7 Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2 Fixed Final]<<<

I have found that the background music goes away if you hover the mouse cursor over the 'start' button in the launcher AFTER starting the game. You'll hear a click, and the music goes silent.
    This means, you have to start the mod in 'manual mode' then do the mouse-hover thing, or if you have it setup to automatic, alt-tab after empire has launched,
    briefly hover the mouse over 'Start' and once it clicks and the music stops alt-tab back again and get on with the game. Don't click on Start again!

At least, this works for me.

Also, I love the idea of the music, you know the whole suspense while loading, but it needs to fade out after say 10-15secs!

Cant really say how good is update or not, I feel as if I am in a Church. Can't hear anything over that organ music.

Darth verify your patch plz. Your exe is older, im not mad and ive checking everything.

Fo the other, take the patch from husserlTW. It works fine.

Ok I think I have localize the problem. I have installing the last patch in a different folder and all files are ok and nicely up-to-date. But each time Im trying to install in the correct folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War), the installation routine turn fine, all seems ok but the files are not update. Really strange...

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 3]<<<

Ok I think I found what was the problem. The installer program was taking initiatives by default... what a silly program. I mean by default it should have "overwrite all files" but instead it had "overwrite only if file date is older". So I have now just corrected that and updated the file to Beta 3 and I hope everything is sorted out. We have to move on to combat feedback.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

About the lethality of muskets in close range... how close, is close range? Cause at like 60-70 yards, the deaths from musketry are like 10-15% more than I was used to. I.e. A battalion with 400 desert warriors vs a battalion of 300-350 militia lose 150 or so people 10-15% faster than I was expecting them too. However, the AI was on a slight hill, so that's perhaps the reason I saw more casualties. And they were many so maybe that's the reason I was seeing then taking many casualties. Both units had poor accuracy BTW.
    I tried to check with another unit in the same battle, Afghan hillmen. They're light infantry. They shot down people fast when they were near. The already battered general's bodyguard was retreating and passed near them. Out of 36 horses they remained with 14 till the time they got out of the hillmen range. Most casualties happened when they were close to the hillmen. Again, I had them on upper ground.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I have noticed a problem with fire-by-rank not always working
    I havent done enough testing to identify the exact culprit.

Its happened a few times, but I am only reporting the most recent two (where I can remember the exact details)

I observed it happening in a seige battles. The unit was garrision line infantry both times (Description indicates they can fbr)
    One occasion, I was attacking enemy hindu swordsmen during a city attack (no fortifications) and the other time I was defending a settlement (with walls) and was attacking charging regiment of horse (but not on a wall)

Great to see you continue to support your amazing work Darth. I grealy appreciate as I am sure most of us do. I was wondering if it is possible to have full length (1700-1799) campaign WITH 40unit saves (armies) AND four turns per year. I know that means 400 turns but I hate rushing through the early decades which included the massive War of the Spanish Succession and Great Northern War. Thank you to anyone for any assistance.