Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Open Beta! (With Automated Installer) *Fixes Many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay*

Quote Originally Posted by King Agamemnon of Mycenae View Post
    --------------------------
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:
    Imperial Splendour DB.pack
    Imperial Splendour Media.pack
    patch_is_text.pack
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v5_9.pack
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.pack
    --------------------------
    I think your problem is there.

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Open Beta! (With Automated Installer) *Fixes Many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay*

I met another problem. Each time I click on Start button, the game launch but a Bach music is played in the background until I quit the game...

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Ehh... I think that's the point of it. I believe it's from the launcher. You can turn the music off I think.

Anyway: I don't really care whether there is a Unit editor and the Large file thing in my launcher.
    Am I OK with just downloading the launcher patch from this thread or I should go through what HusserlTW describes in the technical forum?

Problem: When I go to File>Open>User script... it doesn't show me the user script.

Problem 2: The launcher doesn't work. It crashes. Used to work before the change.

I can start the game normally, through steam, and DME works fine there with all gameplay changes (research x4 etc) working fine.
    It's just the launcher fails to launch the game and crashes. Like DMS thing.

EDIT: Nope, I changed a few things here and there and it worked.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by lexo1000 View Post
    I met another problem. Each time I click on Start button, the game launch but a Bach music is played in the background until I quit the game...
    Go here and re download launcher files. Install following instructions. This is only launcher files and it won't take long.

Moderator Emeritus

HusserlTW, what about Cryo's mod? Could it cause CTDs in battle, or it's proven to work nicely?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Is there any possibility to turn the organ music of the launcher off? It really sucks hearing the organ and the star wars music at the same time when launching the mod. Of course I turned music in the Launcher options off (Settings-Launcher Audio-Off) But it helped nothing

I saw that the organ music is not the Launcher music. The organ music starts when I click on "start".
    so in detail:
    1) I start the launcher; launcher music starts, so far so good
    2) I click on "start"; the launcher music stops, the organ music starts
    3) Main Menu: Star wars music starts, organ music still playing --------------> 2 musics at the same time

So my question: Is there a possibility to stop the organ music (maybe just delete the file?)

Thanks in advance

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Go here and re download launcher files. Install following instructions. This is only launcher files and it won't take long.

for me? I don't think that it will help when I read the changelog, but I'll give it a try

Wow great it worked. I was nearly hopeless after a couple of tries. Thanks a lot <3
    Maybe you should add this fix of my bug at the link. MAybe I'm not the only one with this problem.

PS: where is the "Edit" Button? I thought, when I have 25 posts I will be able to use it...

Tiro

Remove the moronic music to start when running DM? And the fact you can not turn off anywhere!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kubo4747 View Post
    Remove the moronic music to start when running DM? And the fact you can not turn off anywhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

I've quoted this like 2 posts from yours dude. And Husserl said that a couple of posts before mine.

Tiro

Im sorry, my english is not good. Thanks

Everything is perfect now except I can't select blue arrows on launcher...

Still crashing after hitting start for me, it's infuriating >.<

Moderator Emeritus

Zala, have you tried starting ETW vannila first after updating the launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by zala View Post
    Still crashing after hitting start for me, it's infuriating >.<
    Launcher crashes on Start only on certain cases we... all know... For that reason I have added auto start enable/disable in launcher menu, so you can start the game manually. More infos on tech subforum and the launcher update thread.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2]<<<

A new update [Beta 2] is available which includes all the latest Launcher fixes by husserlTW and slight tweaks to the gameplay (Battles should be even better).
    Please provide some combat feedback.
    Thank you.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2]<<<

Hello Darth,

it seems that you put the wrong launcher in your last update. All the previous problems are back (as Bach music at start). Also I can't select blue arrow in the launcher.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 2 Fixed]<<<

What would I do without your precious feedback (@all players/readers).
    You are correct Lexo. It was my mistake that some files were not added to the installer. I have just updated the file and all should work. Please re-download, re-install, re-check.