Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

I always play the battles on NORMAL and the Campaign on VH.

For exactly the reasons you name.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 5]<<< [Updated 7/11/2012]

Yeah I'll try out a campaign on normal battle and see how I like it

Also are the causa belli units in this mod or do you have to add that separately?

Libertus

Have just witnessed two austrian armies, one arriving as reinforcement, combine into one line to attack me. No AI general kamikaze. No rushed cavalry charges. Two cavalry units even held as reserve, behind the artillery. The battle line also advanced to the right of the arty, so that it could keep fire at me (and I had no cav on my right. My line anchored at a cliff).
    I was chrushed! OK, outnumbered >2-1 (Some 5000 vs my 1700), but I have won many such battles. Not this time.

BAI can do some very, very good moves. If possible: more of that please!

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse i Gatan View Post
    Have just witnessed two austrian armies, one arriving as reinforcement, combine into one line to attack me. No AI general kamikaze. No rushed cavalry charges. Two cavalry units even held as reserve, behind the artillery. The battle line also advanced to the right of the arty, so that it could keep fire at me (and I had no cav on my right. My line anchored at a cliff).
    I was chrushed! OK, outnumbered >2-1 (Some 5000 vs my 1700), but I have won many such battles. Not this time.

BAI can do some very, very good moves. If possible: more of that please!
    splendid.sounds good! unfortunately the ai doesnt do it all the time so this could be a problem

Still have Dagestan bug. Anybody, give me a link on non forts mod for dm. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gRievoUS_AsH View Post
    Still have Dagestan bug.
    Me to and I tried to find a way to cure my present game from this bug, by searching the savegame files. While searching I had an idea. Don't have a clue if it works, but can you make Dagestan his own patron? Then the country couldn't gain protectorates any more. I tried to edit the savegames for delete all Daghestan protectorates and it worked (but only for a couple of turns). So I think that it's also possible to create an additional diplomacy entry for Dagestan with himself and set the diplomacy-status to patron/protectorate (but I don't know how).

Can't get the launcher to work at all, why the change from previous launchers? They worked well

Well testing normal battle difficulty with new Portugal campaign, the ai ships look to be taking equal damage but had a really stupid occurance again. I've got like 4 ships surrounding this 5th rate, my lead ship which of course would be the admirals ship, has only lost maybe 3 or 4 cannons and maybe 10-15 men, and suddenly there's an x over the ship and it's sinking. No shaken, wavering, or routing, goes from perfectly fine to sinking. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Krebskandidat View Post
    Me to and I tried to find a way to cure my present game from this bug, by searching the savegame files. While searching I had an idea. Don't have a clue if it works, but can you make Dagestan his own patron? Then the country couldn't gain protectorates any more. I tried to edit the savegames for delete all Daghestan protectorates and it worked (but only for a couple of turns). So I think that it's also possible to create an additional diplomacy entry for Dagestan with himself and set the diplomacy-status to patron/protectorate (but I don't know how).
    Playing for Russia. Made Dagestan protectorate from Russia. I can give files, but it's only for Early campaing. Here is the link for instructions How to establish Patron\Protectorate relations. Post #600. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...04#post8460904
    Stiil looking for walls off mod.

Quote Originally Posted by gRievoUS_AsH View Post
    Playing for Russia. Made Dagestan protectorate from Russia. I can give files, but it's only for Early campaing. Here is the link for instructions How to establish Patron\Protectorate relations. Post #600. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...04#post8460904
    Stiil looking for walls off mod.
    You must have misunderstood me. I am trying to make Dagestan his own protectorate, not from Russia (they are powerful enough right now).

Naval battles are just an overall joke. Playing on normal now, it's 1v1 and and guess what of course my ship catches on fire instant rout. Every freakin ship battle I have ships catch on fire and the ai never does. It's a joke. Rest of the game is fine, naval battles at least for me just don't work.

Courland is still broke. In custom, state religion is protestant, yet they can only build catholic schools. Coat of arms flag in battles appears cut in half. Will continue as I play through other minor factions.

Knights of saint john still don't have access to full naval unit roster. Mysore's religion historically was hindu not islam. Other than that so far so good. Love the new updated AI. Also may be a pop bug on louisiana. Seems VERY difficult to muster an army of any size with them. Please fix courland and knights of st john as these are two of the most challenging yet rewarding minor factions to play!

Quote Originally Posted by brunit View Post
    Naval battles are just an overall joke. Playing on normal now, it's 1v1 and and guess what of course my ship catches on fire instant rout. Every freakin ship battle I have ships catch on fire and the ai never does. It's a joke. Rest of the game is fine, naval battles at least for me just don't work.
    The real problem with the naval battles is that the enemy crew can extinguish the fire very easy, but yours not. Another problem is that heavy damaged hostile ships will not sink (talk about more than 90% damage!!!). My ships sink quite early (about 70% damage). This should be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Natd8 View Post
    Please fix courland and knights of st john as these are two of the most challenging yet rewarding minor factions to play!
    He is right. Especially the Courland bug with the half flag looks very ridiculous in combat.

First turn in on Custom Normal/Normal as Wurtemberg, Dagestan has three protectorates. Mysore, Italian states (strange), and morocco. Dagestan bug lingers.

Scratch that and sorry for another double post but five turns in and multiple regions are trading ownership of land. Dagestans new protectorate was my ally bavaria, who was moderate and rich, while dagestan is feeble and meagre. Venice traded morea to the iroquis indians for michigan?!? Battle AI is great but now my CAI is all jacked up... I upgraded to this from 6.95 but none of these issues were present in 6.95

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Review from a big battle RUSSIA VS OTTOMAN EMPIRE VH/VH.
    Having invaded in my main land i managed to push their main force behing river DON.I attack from 2 sides, with something less than 2 armies.My main atmy deployed having 3 howitzers and 2 normal cannon some infantry and 2 regiments of cavalry+1 general.my reenforcemets arrived in the beggining of the battle to the left of my array(as you see the photo),1 hoitzer,2 horse artilleries and the general giving supporting fire to my main force.
    Ottoman firstly had one camel regiment and all their other army arrived as reenforcements.Their first regiment attcked my line and got their brigadier killed.After a while their main force arrived sent some cammels+deli to suiside attack WITHOUT INFANTRY SUPPORT.terrible mistake.When their infantry arrived they attcked my defence position from all sides using artillery and cavalry i manged to repel all the attacks and i won the battle
    DEPLOYED LOST
    ME 4688 2399
    AI 8263 5183
    Even outnumbered 2:1 they didnt make proper use of their army.Their cavalry got wasted in my line,masacred without support.Their cavalry could though easily attack my support army the3 batteries and the general to my left that was weak.I think the battle could go like following .Ai waits for his army to arrive, attack in mass with infantry and in the crucial time attack with his cavalry to my weak flanks and win the battle.SENDING CAVALRY TO ATTACK WITHOUT INFANTRY SUPPORT ITS TOTALLY UNACCEPATABLE and WRONG
    check the picture my support army is not shown is on the hill to the left of my lines.Cavalry has attacked and his infantry hasnt arrived yet!

To sum up some more things told before and seen in the game,some of them are:
    1)Strong Ai nations research techs that are not needed,such as farming and textile, naval techs, and seem NOT TO PREFER basic mililatry techs and knowlwdge techs that will make researching faster and provide them with military supremacy.In my Russian campaign France hasnt researched EMPIRISM and has researched seed planting drill.Ok france posseses half america and has many plantations but empirism would provide them with univercities.My suggestion is clear:techs as FBR,carcass,utiarism,bayonets techs till military academy should be researched first
    2)As a result of limited researched techs Ai doesnt built hoitzers at all.This makes Bal weaker.explosives and especially carcass give extra power to battles.
    3)if you are aTTACKED by ai and you are about to loe the region i give the region tha would be lost to an enemy of the invader in return for something else.fOR EXAMPLE SWEDEN invaded by sea to esthonia and i gave the region to Westphalia that was in war with sweden.Immediately they stopped the attack stayed idle for 2 turns even though Westphalia didnt have an army.In the end the enemy neighbour region of Courland attacked westphalia at esthonia and captured the region! Ai becomes passive with enemy Ais and goes mad with Human,even though sweden had the force to capture esthonia from the turn i gave to westphalia.Why didnt they attack?I remember this fact from DMUC 6.9.tHIS ALSO happpened when i gave a region to barbary states that was invaded by british,even though barbary accepted my offered the british never attacked them,although being enemy.
    4)Diplomacy is good i want to see more realistic offers.ME in order to take money i sell everything could be sold.I want to see Ai make and accept offers in multiple turns and ask for techs that are of equal value for example carcass for FBR.not 3 for 1 tha asks some times.Also some nations marked as very friendly/friendly accept military alliance and DONT ACCEPT trade with me.Why?
    enemy ai nations could buy military access so that they attack an enemy nation that is not connected to them via land

5)Can you make ai camping armies that contain generals built forts?
    6)In the game there are some weaker nation that struggle to live.Some of them dont have education buildings.perhaps one could be added.
    7)some nations like Barbary states,Pirates,Moroco etc never invade others by land.Should be strengthen up and given this ability.
    8)to the things told for battles also dont forget the general/commander suicide bug when receiving reenforcements both for land and for sieges.Also dont forget that Ai changes his cannons position many time during a battle,shouldnt do that unless he gets out of range.Artillery should be deploeyed and protected by cavalry as infantry advances.WHEN cavalry will engage general should stay back and protect the artillery.(general in reserve.
    9)Ai shouldnt keep infantry reserves when his main army attacks.Cavalry should for reserve.Also i have seen small raiding armies that contained 1 or 2 maybe 3 foot regiments engaged by my forces,not to form defensive squares.Small armies should form squares so that its more difficult for you to break them.I recently destroyed an ottoman army with 4 isarelys regimets charging their flanks and attacking them from 2 sides with infantry cavalry and artillery.Instead of moving they could form 4 defensive squares one next to other covering one another and put me in difficulty and causing casualities trying breaking them.
    10)Can you make infantry deploy in 3 or the least ranks it could.FBR will show its power then,because back ranks dont fire if deployed in 3 or more ranks.Recently i played Dartmod Napoleon and i liked the 2 ranks fire and advance mode that worked like light infantry docrine.Dont know if you can brink the 2 firing drills back.(because the 2 techs(FaA,Platton FIRING are underpowered now.Perhaps could give a little bonus to them.reloading bonus something like that)
    11)It feels Like GAME MISSING AUM EXTRA UNITS.i miss the old DMUC when the BAI used to built strong armies from Aum mod,including elite units and howitzer artillery,far better than armies now.I think its very important someone to update this mod and put is as sub mod.I contacted SWiss Halberdier ans some other modders but non can update it.I dont know if you darth can do it,but its crucial and will make BAI for effective and challenging
    12)there is a bug with 3 or less units from a battalion that stay behind and the whole battalion must wait for them to take their position in their line.This bad path finding is caused when you order a battalion to move over a wall a fence or another obstacle.3-4 units get stuck and the whole regiment must wait for them in order to fire.This is annoying especially during sieges when units get stucked more on the walls or behind their whole regiment cant fire!
    13) In diplomacy boost historic grivances stat so that nations that are tradionally enemies dont become allies easily.I have seen cases in indian campaigns where mughals became allies with maratha after long war.Tradional enemies france-GB russia-ottoman, greece-ottoman natives american iroquois with GB and many more.this will help the game not to become passive.Its ok to have peace but its a problem your biggestes enemy to become allie and offer trading and military alliance

SOME THINGS I WRITE MAY CHANGE BECAUSE IM WRITING,TESTING AND UPDATING SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.so dont look just once
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; December 07, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Their cavalry got wasted in my line,masacred without support.

If history has taught us anything it is that military stupidity is not limited to a computer A.I.

[QUOTE=Krebskandidat;12315437]The real problem with the naval battles is that the enemy crew can extinguish the fire very easy, but yours not. Another problem is that heavy damaged hostile ships will not sink (talk about more than 90% damage!!!). My ships sink quite early (about 70% damage). This should be balanced.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, ship battles I just start to dread because the imbalance and this is even in normal difficulty. If the ai ships ever do catch on fire they put it out so quickly that I can't even tell they were ever on fire.