Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

Default >>>DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Patch [Beta 27]<<< [Update 18/3/2013]

As I have promised, I may have retired but I will offer DarthMod Empire Patches that will include several gameplay optimizations and launcher fixes. I need your feedback to make the first one the best possible.

This patch comes with an automated installer, fixes many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay.

Download mirrors
    ModDB
    MediaFire

Installation instructions
    Step 1
    You have to have installed the Full Version of DarthMod Empire v8.0. Find all download mirrors here: DarthMod Empire v8.0 Platinum Download.

Step 2
    Open the Launcher and do Settings->Enable Restore Mode->Close Launcher->Select "Vanilla Ready" (It is necessary to do this so to be sure that all the gameplay files get updated correctly). This is needed only once to update the DME with the beta. You can just install on top any future betas.

Step 3
    Download the Beta file

Step 4

Run the installer and follow the instructions (they are similar to the installer of the full version).

You can now play DarthMod Empire as previously with all the newest enhancements and fixes by using the launcher and re-applying your preferred settings.

What it includes

• Different mass settings for even more realistic melees. [9/2/2013 Update]
    • Better musket accuracy balance. Muskets are now more lethal at close range. [22/1/2013 Update]
    • Dagestan overprotectorship bug should now be toned down significantly or completely fixed. (Needs a new campaign to test). Generally the region trades should be much less. [26/2/2013 Update]
    • The AI should attack/defend/make musket lines more effectively. [18/3/2013 Update]
    • Morale tweaks. Morale much more dynamic. [6/3/2013 Update]
    • Combat animation mechanics tweaks. The melees should now be much more brutal and good looking. [18/3/2013 Update]
    • Some Unit Balance costs/stats changes (corrected some old vanilla clone units like the Cuirassiers that were exactly the same for French and for all other nations). [7/11/2012 Update]
    • Major CAI tweaks & improvements. CAI should repair ships more frequently and all issues that have been reported have been addressed (Needs testing). Now also tries to disband unnecessary units. Also it should research military technology more (Needs to follow the installation instructions above to see this effect in x2,x4,x8 Technology rates). [18/3/2013 Update]
    • Formation AI improvements. [30/1/2013 Update]
    • Ottoman turn lag issue possible fix. [4/2/2013 Update]
    • Land and Naval autocalc should be much improved. [18/3/2013 Update]
    • AI Cavalry will not attack so prematurely or at least this undesirable situation is less frequent. [11/3/2013 Update]
    • Artillery and Mortars less accurate. [14/3/2013 Update]
    • All the necessary Launcher HotFixes that husserlTW has offered until 22/1/2013 according to your helpful feedback:
      • Added a new option in Settings menu where the player can choose if the game will start automatically by launcher or manually by player. If the manual way is selected then the launcher will make all the necessary mod preparation and finally will prompt the player to start the game. Leave the launcher open and start the game using vanilla shortcut or exe.
        Note: If you select the manual way, you can access the final user script from file menu since the launcher will already have created it. I strongly recommend to keep using the Edit Script utility from launcher menu to add your mods and edit the final script only to try to load the packs in different priority. Anyway edit manually the user script only if you know very well what you are doing!
      • Added a disable option for fonts mod.
      • Added Large Address Aware utility in Utilities menu pointed by c.ryo in DME Sub-Mods forum.
      • Added a Light Unit Editor in Utilities menu, I've made to help players make some basic changes in units. If there is another usual change that you like to do just post it to include that in a next update.
      • Fixed a misspell of 13 Colonies save file name, that prevents the file to be copied in the Empire saves folder.
      • Fixed the error "On Click: Line 325..."
      • Fixed an error when the Off is selected as an Audio/Drum option.
      • Fixed the handover bug for the american protectorates in saved x40 campaigns.
      • Launcher checks if there are critical critical game folders and if not it creates them.
      • Blue Arrows option fixed. [7/11/2012 Update]
      • 8.0.1 Mod version indication in Launcher added. [7/11/2012 Update]
      • Spanish Language support added. [7/11/2012 Update]
      • Corrected Increased Deployment Mod not working. [9/12/2012 Update]
      • Other minor fixes. [7/11/2012 Update]
      • Replaced the help file that invoked Antivirus alerts (wrongly) with a simple PDF. Once you start the Launcher it willl make sure to delete any trace of it automatically. [4/2/2013 Update]

It is fully save game compatible (you have to set the launcher to the previous campaign state to load successfully a campaign).
    Please offer your feedback below!

PS. To be sure check that the DME_darthmod.pack file has date 18/3/2013. If yes then the patch is installed correctly.You can find the file in the games data folder usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Open Beta! (With Automated Installer) *Fixes Many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay*

Can you look the issue AI not replenishing units(land and sea)?

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Open Beta! (With Automated Installer) *Fixes Many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay*

Hmm, I will look. I thought it did replenish but trust your reports.

Still crashing on launch for me.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

where is the Light Unit Editor? its not in the utilities menu

Hi Darth ! Nice to see you again optimise your great mod I saw few bug :

- The Blue Movement Arrows can't be selected
    - Long Adress > Start doesn't work (exe missing)
    - Maybe you could rename Weather option.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

When I try click activate on the LargeAddressAware option it says the .exe is missing.
    I feel I may not have installed properly so is there any indicator it has updated?

I have returned

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    When I try click activate on the LargeAddressAware option it says the .exe is missing.
    I feel I may not have installed properly so is there any indicator it has updated?
    Does that for me too.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

L00n's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Primative1 View Post
    Still crashing on launch for me.
    same here.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

When I try to launch from the "launcher" now, it gives me the message "You are ready to launch Empire manually. Please do not close the launcher!". When I then start it from the "Empire" icon, on my 40x unit savegame has turned into a normal 20x.
    Cannot start from the launcher at all now. Suggestions?
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Quote Originally Posted by Christianus View Post
    When I try to launch from the "launcher" now, it gives me the message "You are ready to launch Empire manually. Please do not close the launcher!". When I then start it from the "Empire" icon, on my 40x unit savegame has turned into a normal 20x.
    Cannot start from the launcher at all now. Suggestions?
    You somehow changed the new Settings->AutoStart->Off
    Also you changed the campaign type (or it has changed to default after the install). Choose the campaign type to your 40 Unit you used to play.

Generally I would like feedback about the gameplay. Please do not mess too much with the new settings of the new launcher if you are unsure what they do. Thank you for reporting the issues though.
    On the other hand if you had CTDs and could not start the game with DarthMod Empire, do not expect to fix your game with this new open beta magically. Please head to the : [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD and post here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1646 your issues.

Unfortunately I cannot help much in this section. Please either help yourselves or read the solutions. We mostly copy/paste the solutions for you and, in fact, it is not a big deal to search a little more to read them yourself.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

to test 100% the new change we need to start new campaigns or continue with the ones already started?

You need this only to see if the Dagestan continues to get protectorates so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    Go in your game's data folder and check in DME/Data/. It should be there. If not, delete the DME/Data/dat01 folder, then go here, download the launcher update and install it.

If you do have the exe in the right location but you still receive the error then it is some security option in your system that prevents exe to be execute. But now you know where to find it and start it manually...

Quote Originally Posted by elor70 View Post
    where is the Light Unit Editor? its not in the utilities menu
    My fault, please proceed in updating the launcher files: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=563111

Husserl this submod must not be included yet to the Launcher. It replaces core DarthMod files without backup and thus it can ruin the whole base once it is enabled.
    Please fix. PMed you.

This is not correct, of course there is a backup. Try to enable/disable it and you will see that the "original" Darth files are restored. It is a simple case...

EDIT: and a good test for adding more complex mods in the future like CB.
    Last edited by husserlTW; October 27, 2012 at 06:10 AM.

I Pmed. Generally a submod must not replace DarthMod files. At least the submod which enters the Launcher. It should have its own pack and either load on top of the script or as movie type. And generally a gameplay submod must first pass my filter.

Libertus

Well, after four turns Dagestan have one protectorate: Italian State. I will see what happens after more turns.

I had an issue with the new launcher music that wouldn´t turn off, even when I select launcher music off.
    The music starts with launch screen and destroyes the whole game.
    I downloaded and installed HusserITW latest launcher, got back the old launchermusic and that music stops when launching the game.
    I do not use the Whites Eyes submod at this time.

Launcher files have been updated.

King Agamemnon of Mycenae's Avatar Tiro

Hi, when I get launch empire and get start a new campaign, while it is on the loading screen it crashes, this was not the case with 8.0.
    I am using DME late, 4 turns per year, a lot of the gameplay options.

If there is a fix for this that would be greatly appreciated and if not how do I go back to 8.0?

Here's the log entry
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    DME 3.X log - 27/10/2012
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: User, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: Windows 7 x 64 - Ultimate Edition, Version: 6, Build Number: 7601
    Memory: Total: 9192 Available: 6936
    Display: 1920 x 1080 - 32 bit
    --------------------------
    Mod Installation Path:
    DME path: ...re total war\data\DME