Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: "Vastator Unit Style 1.3". A more unit variety type mod. 1.3 RELEASED!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. NEW MONKS PREVIEW!

Quote Originally Posted by JanHetman View Post
    Tetsubo hero is looking good.
    Is there a way to make the tetsubo metal, not wooden?

Warrior monk hero looking good, his guard is looking neutral ( I think it would be nice to make them looking like hero (officer of unit), but without great Buddha on the robe). I think they should not have good armor, but great morale and attack (maybe could them make the morale bonus to the near them beeing units?)
    Can you take the katana's from them?

Naginata samurai is ok.

Ikko ikki are looking very good, like farmers. Maybe can you make them using the spears? It is strange, that the farmer has got katana (there are no kama's and axes in this mod ).

Good luck at making this mod !
    Metal tetsubo?Yes, there is a way. But i think that this way it could look too heavy and not so historical accurate; they seem also too much big, the tetsubo of RotS was smaller. Maybe in the future i'll make something.
    I gave heavy armor to Warrior Monk Hero bodyguard because in the stats they have a high armor value (6).
    Unfortunately as second weapon Ikko Ikki will use katana like in vanilla, and i don't know if it's possible to change it.
    Some other small changes and i'll release the 1.2 version
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. NEW MONKS PREVIEW!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

THE NEW VERSION OF THE MOD HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED! Check the first post for info (updated also with new screens!!)!

Some of the changes of the new version:
    • New exclusive look for all Warrior Monks units
    • Revision of many Hero units
    • Increased Demokritos' ACC compatibility
    • Various changes to Ikko Ikki units
    • Some minor changes to many other units

Have a nice day and a merry Christmas,
    Vastator.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.2". A more unit variety type mod. NEW VERSION NOW UP! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you ^^ Buone Feste

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.2". A more unit variety type mod. NEW VERSION NOW UP! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thanks for your excellent work!

Buone feste

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

excellent upgrade; this mod is essential for shogun. Definitive.
    Last edited by DramaBelli; December 25, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    excellent upgrade; this mod is essential for shogun. Definitive.
    Wow! These screens are really good!
    I still see naginata warrior monks in vanilla style, maybe because is a new unit belonging to another mod?

this makes me really worried and sad!
    I mainly run your mod, Radious mods and unit variety project mod by the hedge knight (all suggested to me by Venno..it means safe and tested! I've mainly adopted his combined selection of mods).

Notice: I've took these screens with radious fots mod -your mod - hedgeknight's one active. no other unit mods.
    Last edited by DramaBelli; December 26, 2012 at 07:00 AM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

I mainly run your mod, Radious mods and unit variety project mod by the hedge knight (all suggested to me by Venno..it means safe and tested! I've mainly adopted his combined selection of mods).

Notice: I've took these screens with radious fots mod -your mod - hedgeknight's one active. no other unit mods.
    Unitvariety overwrites almost all vus changes drama

PS why play s2 with fots mod?

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

As Venno said, delete the unitvarety3.05.pack. Keeping FoTS mod on should not create problems i think

Great work, this is the way these units should have been in the first place!

I had suspects about this mod...sadly I'm going to remove it (maybe this was the reason of some crash during battle).

I use FOTS for the campaign I've started...sometimes I used fots-rots-shogun2 mods by radious to have ALL his units available in custom battle (having for example tokugawa army against Saga's army..not historical indeed but interesting)

thanks for your replies, ragazzi

Look great!Many tks
    I'm using Darthmod, maybe it shoud be compatible together, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman_8182 View Post
    Look great!Many tks
    I'm using Darthmod, maybe it shoud be compatible together, right?
    Sure, 100%% Darthmod compatible. Obviously don't use the unit variety submod.

really great mod, + rep , by the way, is it possible to give the ashigaru clan mon on armors? As far as I remember this feature disappeared after one of the patches

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeo XIII View Post
    really great mod, + rep , by the way, is it possible to give the ashigaru clan mon on armors? As far as I remember this feature disappeared after one of the patches
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately what you are asking it's not possible to do anymore. CA changed the way textures are applied to units some patches ago, and creating custom textures, for example with clan mons, for the same unit it's impossible

Vastator!

finalmente

at last I've the right screens

Vastator!

finalmente

at last I've the right screens
    I like it 2 times because 1)they are good, 2)there are my units inside
    +rep, when i'm allowed...

Fantastic mod, thanks a lot, it is a real pleasure to see some of the changes you have implemented in the way units look.

A few remarks if i may, obviously it is personal taste:
    I suggest you make a series of independent mods in the same way Noif did for his modern army series or BullGod for his daimyo mods. I don't know if it is possible because some changes may please and other may not.

My favourites in the mod are:
    - the Warrior monks new outfits are amazing
    - the marathon monks new outfits are also great
    - No dachi armors, at last !
    - the yari/teppo ashigaru slight variations in jingasa and plate
    - the Naginata samurai armors
    - the heroes (yari, katana, bow) redesign
    - the great guard helmets

The ones i like less are:
    - the bow warrior monks (i think the jingasa doesn't match with them, i prefer the style of the normal monk heads in your mod)
    - the bow ashigaru (i think the kimono is too light for a soldier, i would use only variation of the breast plate armor as for the yari ashigaru, but going to battle in kimono...)
    - the ikko ikki ashigaru in kimono (same reason as above)
    - the light cavalry (they look starving, i don't know what you did to them but they look sick... )
    - some units having mempo and no helmets (cannot stick to the face without being fixed to the kabuto)
    - some heroes and saints units have very big crests on their helmets like the great guards, i think it is too much to have that huge crests on so many units
    - the Date bullet proof samurai (they look weaker than naginata now)

As i mention, being able to pick up some units only would give great flexibility to your mod.

Thanks so much for the time you took building this mod !
    Last edited by le_fred; December 31, 2012 at 03:49 AM.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately what you are asking it's not possible to do anymore. CA changed the way textures are applied to units some patches ago, and creating custom textures, for example with clan mons, for the same unit it's impossible
    In my opinion, it'd be better to remove the big colored circles altogether, as they don't really make sense by themselves and can't properly replace the clan's moon.
    I'd also prefer a version where mempo requires a helmet, and no jingasa for monks except maybe ikko ikki versions.

More modularity (or sub versions) would be great for sure. Overall, that's a great job, something that CA should have provided but didn't.

I suggest you make a series of independent mods in the same way Noif did for his modern army series or BullGod for his daimyo mods. I don't know if it is possible because some changes may please and other may not.
    I prefer not to split the work since it would be an hell of work for me(in the current version more than 300 files have been modified), especially during the update process, because in the past versions i made constant changes to many units. Maybe creating different version would be better (in the previous version,for example, there was a separate no-ashigaru circlet version)

- the bow warrior monks (i think the jingasa doesn't match with them, i prefer the style of the normal monk heads in your mod)
    I personally think the fit very well.

- the bow ashigaru (i think the kimono is too light for a soldier, i would use only variation of the breast plate armor as for the yari ashigaru, but going to battle in kimono...)
    Many of my choices have been taken considering the stats of the units. For example, since bow ashigaru it's one of the worst unit (in the game) with only 1 armor point, i gave it low armors. Sure this could be improved aesthetically, but it requires time and some inspiration. I hope to make also some other changes for all other ashigarus in the future.

- the light cavalry (they look starving, i don't know what you did to them but they look sick...
    I think the choices of armor i made is very good (it's a light cavalry with only 2 armor points), since in vanilla they looked too similar with the other cav units
    What do you mean? You mean their faces? I will take a look.

- some units having mempo and no helmets (cannot stick to the face without being fixed to the kabuto)
    Licence. I made this only for no-dachi hero (let's imagine that the headband is helping in sticking the mask to the face). I think in the current version only that unit has this licence, the situation in the first version was a lot worse.

- some heroes and saints units have very big crests on their helmets like the great guards, i think it is too much to have that huge crests on so many units
    They are very elite unit(GG are shogun guards) with highest stats in the game , Saints and heroes the same (although some of them are a bit fantasy, but this is CA fault).

- the Date bullet proof samurai (they look weaker than naginata now)
    I gave heavy armor to nag sam for the armor reason i spoke above of (they have the highest armor points, 9), but i forgot to take care of bulletproof sam (they also have 9 armor points). In the next version you'll see "new" bulletproof sam with heavy armor!

In my opinion, it'd be better to remove the big colored circles altogether, as they don't really make sense by themselves and can't properly replace the clan's moon.
    I could do that (in the previous version,for example, there was a separate no-ashigaru circlet version), but i have to find a way to make ashigaru look a bit better (since without circlets they look a bit sad). Any ideas?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions
    Happy new year!
    Last edited by =Vastator=; January 01, 2013 at 07:01 AM.